Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Romelu Lukaku to Chelsea: Everton offer whopping new contract to end transfer interest

EVERTON have offered star striker Romelu Lukaku a mammoth new contract to ward off interest from Chelsea.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/535454/Romelu-Lukaku-Chelsea-Everton-Transfer-news-gossip-rumours-contract-talks-Premier-League

Everton have offered Romelu Lukaku a new deal worth £135,000-a-week in a bid to keep him from the clutches of #Chelsea. [Mirror]

Everton are trying to hold on to Lukaku but #Chelsea are determined to secure a deal to take the 23-year-old back to London. [Mirror]

Romelu Lukaku is understood to be keen on the move to #Chelsea, feeling he has “unfinished business” at Stamford Bridge. [Mirror]

Lukaku is particularly keen to work with #Chelsea boss Antonio Conte, who is understood to be confident of landing the striker. [Mirror]

On 04/08/2016 at 3:25 PM, nono said:

We were probably never in for him. Maybe that snake Raiola was leaking those stories to get him a better deal. Thank goodness though. 

Snap you took the words outta my mouth mate I was thinking the same 

9 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Everton have offered Romelu Lukaku a new deal worth £135,000-a-week in a bid to keep him from the clutches of #Chelsea. [Mirror]

Everton are trying to hold on to Lukaku but #Chelsea are determined to secure a deal to take the 23-year-old back to London. [Mirror]

Romelu Lukaku is understood to be keen on the move to #Chelsea, feeling he has “unfinished business” at Stamford Bridge. [Mirror]

Lukaku is particularly keen to work with #Chelsea boss Antonio Conte, who is understood to be confident of landing the striker. [Mirror]

ha! oldest trick in the book!!! 

Agent instructs player to declare interest in joining bigger club because <insert random reason here>... papers duly ride on the 'info' for weeks if not months until his club offers a new deal 'to keep him from the clutches of <insert bugger clubs's name here>'

Only club screwed in this: Everton

Personally I am glad because I don't think Lukaku is a very good player.

8 minutes ago, Robguima said:

ha! oldest trick in the book!!! 

Agent instructs player to declare interest in joining bigger club because <insert random reason here>... papers duly ride on the 'info' for weeks if not months until his club offers a new deal 'to keep him from the clutches of <insert bugger clubs's name here>'

Only club screwed in this: Everton

Personally I am glad because I don't think Lukaku is a very good player.

Nah, could just as well be Everton trying to keep hold of him by offering improved wages. Happens most times when clubs wish to keep want-away players, much like Kante at Leicester only he turned down the contract extension to join us.

Either way, I do hope he takes the offer because that would put these Lukaku rumors to bed for at least another year.

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Nah, could just as well be Everton trying to keep hold of him by offering improved wages. Happens most times when clubs wish to keep want-away players, much like Kante at Leicester only he turned down the contract extension to join us.

Either way, I do hope he takes the offer because that would put these Lukaku rumors to bed for at least another year.

wanna away to where exactly? As far as Everton knows Lukaku might not get a better deal (wages) anywhere else. It's not like any other big club has shown interest in signing him... 

In business you don't go asking for a raise for no reason - you go to your boss either because you've done something important or you've got an offer. Can't think of anything important or special Lukaku has done lately so, I must still believe he was shooting for the latter. And these guys are under long-term deals with high release clauses which makes losing them ever harder.

That's what agents do for a leaving - spread rumors on behalf of their clients (usually along with the moaning of the players). The better ones have contacts in the press and use them often. You may think this is a different case, and that's fair enough, but I think it looks exactly like what I've seen 100x before: the usual way agents play the tabloids and papers.

28 minutes ago, Robguima said:

wanna away to where exactly? As far as Everton knows Lukaku might not get a better deal (wages) anywhere else. It's not like any other big club has shown interest in signing him... 

In business you don't go asking for a raise for no reason - you go to your boss either because you've done something important or you've got an offer. Can't think of anything important or special Lukaku has done lately so, I must still believe he was shooting for the latter. And these guys are under long-term deals with high release clauses which makes losing them ever harder.

That's what agents do for a leaving - spread rumors on behalf of their clients (usually along with the moaning of the players). The better ones have contacts in the press and use them often. You may think this is a different case, and that's fair enough, but I think it looks exactly like what I've seen 100x before: the usual way agents play the tabloids and papers.

So you don't think there's even the slightest truth about Chelsea being interested in signing Lukaku? 

According to those reports Lukaku has not "asked for a raise", he's being offered one because Everton want to show him they appreciate his services and don't want to lose him. Can't think of any other reason for that except Chelsea having made them an offer for him and Lukaku telling his club he wants to go.

But yeah you're right about one thing. Mino Raiola is an expert with stuff like that and he always has and always will tout his players about moves for two reasons: either actually get the move (to get £££ himself and for the player), or simply get improved contract at current club.

About Lukaku to Chelsea I'd say there's too much smoke for there not to be a fire and I really don't think it's all just bullshit rumors with the aim of getting a better salary at Everton. The club are definitely interested, for reasons completely unknown to me because Lukaku is not really that good, but remains to be seen whether the signing is actually made. I hope not.

35 minutes ago, Jype said:

So you don't think there's even the slightest truth about Chelsea being interested in signing Lukaku? 

According to those reports Lukaku has not "asked for a raise", he's being offered one because Everton want to show him they appreciate his services and don't want to lose him. Can't think of any other reason for that except Chelsea having made them an offer for him and Lukaku telling his club he wants to go.

But yeah you're right about one thing. Mino Raiola is an expert with stuff like that and he always has and always will tout his players about moves for two reasons: either actually get the move (to get £££ himself and for the player), or simply get improved contract at current club.

About Lukaku to Chelsea I'd say there's too much smoke for there not to be a fire and I really don't think it's all just bullshit rumors with the aim of getting a better salary at Everton. The club are definitely interested, for reasons completely unknown to me because Lukaku is not really that good, but remains to be seen whether the signing is actually made. I hope not.

no I am not saying Lukaku does not want to leave - he might want to move to a bigger club which might be difficult for him atm.

I have to hold the club to some level of respect. If we sell a player everyfuckingbody thought had potential for 28m, and then buy him back for over 60m after he hasn't really blossomed or done anything especial, it is not just bad business, it's ridiculous business.

My point of view is that this squad is still very weak and we are a couple of injuries away from 10th place again... YMMV

Romelu Lukaku set on Stamford Bridge move despite new £135,000-a-week Everton deal. (Standard) #CFC #EFC

Romelu Lukaku has not given up on his dream move back toChelsea as Everton prepare to offer the striker a new deal.

Everton plan to hold talks with Lukaku and his agent Mino Raiola this week.

Raiola is in the country to conclude the £89million world record transfer of Paul Pogba, who is also his client, from Juventus to Manchester United.

But Raiola wants to use the trip to also sit down with Lukaku and figure out what he wants to do.

However, Everton have insisted that Lukaku is not for sale and claim they have yet to receive an official bid for the 23-year-old.

Reports saying Traore is close to join Dutch side Ajax on loan. 

That means we're ending up with Costa, Michy and Remy who I don't rate at all. 

Everton are saying to be very close in signing Bony so yes, I think Lukaku is on his way back to the Bridge. Those reports saying we ditched interest in him for Icardi are big BS. Conte wants Lukaku and Lukaku wants Conte (and Chelsea). Hope they wrap it up soon but like the whole Koulibaly thing: Everton are the English Napoli and a pain to deal with. 

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Remy will go and this talk about Traore off to means someone will be coming and yes I think it could Romelu.

I hope it is Lukaku. I mean who else? Lukaku is a proven Premier League goalscorer. Why the F should we settle for a Mauro Icardi or a Lacazette. 

I hope it is Lukaku. I mean who else? Lukaku is a proven Premier League goalscorer. Why the F should we settle for a Mauro Icardi or a Lacazette. 

Because they are cheaper, less hyped, and maybe even better? Nevertheless I'm not bothered which one, trust Conte's decision.