Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Courtois is a good goalie, but I believe if Cech can stay fit and healthy then hes got at least 5 more years at this level. Some decisions to be made there. Belgium fans needn't worry though, they have another gem in their team, whether he is at Chelsea or any other top European club.

Imho he's better then Cech already. There, i said it.

People often criticize his Atletico performances, because supposedly his clean sheets are because of Atleticos defence.

Not so yesterday. MOTM. Belgium have only conceded 1 goal this campaign.

It's an interesting point. Would we notice the difference in performance if Courtois replaced Cech?

Well lets say he's comming close,we are comparing La Liga's best vs PL best goalie of this season... Courtois is already one of the best goalies around tho, and will prolly be the best in 5 years, it would be a shame to not see him play here at Chelsea then.

As for belgium, we can be really happy with him so far imo, we only conceded one so far this campaign and thats solely down to Courtois, with almost any other goalie we wouldve had some more in at least...

But Courtois was amazing. Cech better watch out if he comes back next year :-)

He'll probably be the only leader left on our club with experience performing consistently so no, his position really isn't threatened. Easily has 5 years of world class ability in him

It's an interesting point. Would we notice the difference in performance if Courtois replaced Cech?

Yup! A couple of times this season Cech has made some huge blunders, but he's also kept us in matches ;)

I think Coutious has the 'experience' now and could get better and better, where unfortunately I think Cech has peaked and it could be a downward trend for him...

But thank fuck we have a great keeper to replace him! No more Hilarious ;)

Yup! A couple of times this season Cech has made some huge blunders, but he's also kept us in matches ;)

I think Coutious has the 'experience' now and could get better and better, where unfortunately I think Cech has peaked and it could be a downward trend for him...

But thank fuck we have a great keeper to replace him! No more Hilarious ;)

Assumptions.

VDS was absolutely world class even at 40. Cech has always been a big game player. Don't think we should recall Courtois until 2015 IMHO .

But dear god no Hilario or Turnbull as replacements. Would rather call up Blackman

Assumptions.

VDS was absolutely world class even at 40. Cech has always been a big game player. Don't think we should recall Courtois until 2015 IMHO .

But dear god no Hilario or Turnbull as replacements. Would rather call up Blackman

Schmeichel was a Champions League winner at 36 - it took 5 years for United to find a replacement. Passing up this type of transition is a big choice to make especially as Cech still has transfer value and a big contract.

Schmeichel was a Champions League winner at 36 - it took 5 years for United to find a replacement. Passing up this type of transition is a big choice to make especially as Cech still has transfer value and a big contract.

We have a suitable replacement potentially to become the best in the world whilst we still have a keeper who has delivered on the biggest stages and provides a moral sense of leadership who has a good 5 years left of him.

Cech's services are still valuable to the highest amount for 2 more years with us or after the world cup.

In Belgian papers today : Chelsea want to keep Courtois. They will offer him an extension and upgrade to his current contract.

I said this had to happen a few weeks back, whilst my belief is that Courtois should be brought back to the club next season to challenge Cech for the jersey & to keep him on his toes, I believe this would be the ideal solution that can be beneficial for both Courtois & the club.

One more year away should be the absolute maximum though & if we are to sustain a title challenge, it still worries me that we do not have a quality back up to cover Cech, so definitely something the club need to consider.

He gets even more praise in Belgian press today :

- Toby Alderweireld (rightback for Ajax) describes him as "abnormally good for his age".

- Paul van Himst (one Belgian's finest football-players ever, aged 70) compares him to Lev Yashin, legendary goalkeeper, due to his charisma and stature in goal.

Hopefully he keeps both feet on the ground.

I said this had to happen a few weeks back, whilst my belief is that Courtois should be brought back to the club next season to challenge Cech for the jersey & to keep him on his toes, I believe this would be the ideal solution that can be beneficial for both Courtois & the club.

One more year away should be the absolute maximum though & if we are to sustain a title challenge, it still worries me that we do not have a quality back up to cover Cech, so definitely something the club need to consider.

Courtois won't risk losing the challenge to Cech down to experience and losing his place in the national team for WC14.

When the change happens, it needs to be swift and decisive for the good of the team and for both keepers.

Yeh wouldn't do any good for either Cechs or Courtois confidence, but the plan was/is to loan Courtois till 2015 and then take over... unless that changed.