Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Great news from our big guy!!

He states that the press has written a lot of bullsh*t about other clubs and a possible transfer.

Most important conclusion from this interview is that Thibaut himself has never thought of playing for another team than us.

"Chelsea have never expected I would make so much progress in such a short time. Cech is a world class goalkeeper and I'm still a young talent who has to prove he can even think of playing for Chelsea. In two years it would be the idea to become the 1st GK at the Bridge"!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8510120/Thibaut-Courtois-says-he-should-be-Chelsea-goalkeeper-within-two-years

Conclusion:

• Thibaut is patient and has no urge to force things whatsoever
  • Cech has another 2 years as the 1st GK without the stress of Thibaut breathing down his neck.
  • We don't need to worry if we will be able to keep a talent like Courtois

=> actually there has never been a Cech/Courtois issue B)

GREET SUCCESS!!

Thanks for posting this.

He seems an intelligent young man and relatively grounded (though, this is not saying much considering footballers these days).

Hopefully Courtois will be one of many young Belgian talents that can develop and prosper at Chelsea: Hazard, KdB, Lukaku and Courtois are all realistic first team players over the course of the next few seasons.

My view hasn't changed since the start of the season - he should be brought back as quality cover for Cech, he will still get a good number of games under his belt, this will start his introduction slowly whilst gaining some useful experience in the PL. Whilst I can see the benefits of Courtois getting regular games elsewhere, we also need to be selfish because we need quality back up & a serious contender for Cech's position. I will be stunned if Jose returns & Courtois is not brought back?

If it is true & Courtois is given another 2 years sabbatical then I hope he signs a new long term contract, can't believe the club would let him go out on loan for the majority of his contract without tying him down to a much longer deal? This lad is ready for the first team now imho, huge talent & I'm looking forward to the summer to see where his future is heading next season - especially if Jose is back on the scene!

How can you bring him back to Chelsea in a part time role when he's starting most of Athletico's matches. It doesn't serve him well he needs more experience and he's already good enough to start for just about any club team in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

If he doesn't concede a goal in the first 34 minutes tommorow evening against Real Sociedad he will get a new club record. In the 90's Abel Resino managed to keep his goal clean for 801 mins at home, Thibaut is on 767 mins at the moment..

34 minutes against Real Sociedad, should be possible :) , indeed amazing... considering he was only 6th keeper at Genk in season 2008/2009... even for the best keepers it would usually take 10 years orso (keepers are usually at their best around 28-30 yo) to achieve something that...

If he doesn't concede a goal in the first 34 minutes tommorow evening against Real Sociedad he will get a new club record. In the 90's Abel Resino managed to keep his goal clean for 801 mins at home, Thibaut is on 767 mins at the moment..

He has now officially beaten the record, if that is indeed true :)