Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Seems like the club share my views:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4873672/Thibaut-Courtois-courted-by-Chelseas-Prem-rivals.html

FULHAM, Southampton and Wigan are battling to take Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois on loan next season.

Belgian international Courtois is seen as Petr Cech’s eventual replacement at Stamford Bridge.

So he plays an integral part in getting Atletico into the CL and we bring him back to play for a mid-table/relegation-fighting team.

That seems massively unfair to the young lad.

So he plays an integral part in getting Atletico into the CL and we bring him back to play for a mid-table/relegation-fighting team.

That seems massively unfair to the young lad.

And sending him out on loan for three consecutive seasons without giving him the chance to even meet Cech, let alone challenge him for the shirt, is?

If he's okay with it, why aren't you?

Oh, he's okay with it. I haven't spoken to him this morning.

And sending him out on loan for three consecutive seasons without giving him the chance to even meet Cech, let alone challenge him for the shirt, is?

I'm fairly certain he's met Cech on at least one occasion. As for his loans, they've allowed him to establish himself as one of the top keepers in Europe, win a Europa League winner's medal, a Super Cup winner's medal and also win his national team's shirt.

Coming back to Fulham would be a massive step-down for him and would also rob him of experience in the Champions League.

Oh, he's okay with it. I haven't spoken to him this morning.

Do you think the club can decide his future without his approval? If we're offering to loan him then he has agreed because the deal can't go through without his approval.

I'm fairly certain he's met Cech on at least one occasion. As for his loans, they've allowed him to establish himself as one of the top keepers in Europe, win a Europa League winner's medal, a Super Cup winner's medal and also win his national team's shirt.

Coming back to Fulham would be a massive step-down for him and would also rob him of experience in the Champions League.

But would you agree that he needs Premier League experience also? He won't get that sitting here on the bench, and sending him on loan to Arsenal, for instance, would be suicidal as we'd be strengthening a rival.

And we will see that the lack of vision and policy plaguing Chelsea will lead to the loss of young talent: Courtois and KDB. Enter another failure. If they fuck this up - Roman and the ones responsible can just fuck off. Period.

What does Roman has to do with it ?

Are you not a bit too hasty in your knowledge as to who is responsible for players, transfers ?

But would you agree that he needs Premier League experience also? He won't get that sitting here on the bench, and sending him on loan to Arsenal, for instance, would be suicidal as we'd be strengthening a rival.

How about sending him to Southampton as I read in today´s news ?

I've not seen anything in his game that suggests he needs a season in the league here. What sets him apart from other young keepers (and I'm think specifically De Gea here) is that he's always had solid fundamentals. His ability in the air has always been one of his strengths, and he's always impressed me because he does the basics well. For his size he gets down extremely well and coming from a more 'basic' league in Belgium, he's got that experience of slightly messier, more utilitarian football.

So I think sending him to Fulham doesn't help him enough to mitigate the loss of another season in Madrid where he gets a chance to play Champions League football.

Basically I think it's a bit of a low-class move if we do that.

What does Roman has to do with it ?

Are you not a bit too hasty in your knowledge as to who is responsible for players, transfers ?

It is still Roman and the board that determine policy. I was talking about the lack of it. Not the transfer policy, actually. The decision to postpone communication to loaned out players is having an effect on them. Also, in case of KDB, where is the long term vision when its up to Mourinho to decide KDB's future. I respect a managers role, but this is exactly what is creating the whorehouse scenarios of lately.

Hence my outburst:-)

It is still Roman and the board that determine policy. I was talking about the lack of it. Not the transfer policy, actually. The decision to postpone communication to loaned out players is having an effect on them. Also, in case of KDB, where is the long term vision when its up to Mourinho to decide KDB's future. I respect a managers role, but this is exactly what is creating the whorehouse scenarios of lately.

Hence my outburst:-)

Roman pays the piper. The board recommends the transfers with his approval.

As for Jose. How do you know he is coming over for sure ?

I don't. Nobody does. Also, never said so. It was hypothetical.

Therefore, we all have to rely on the Chelsea board to make decisions as to transfers now.

So far, what I have seen for the past 2-3 years, several young talented players were bought but are out on loans.

Money were spent, but the team actually have not benefited from these deals. Therefore, I would like to see some changes on the board.

I've not seen anything in his game that suggests he needs a season in the league here. What sets him apart from other young keepers (and I'm think specifically De Gea here) is that he's always had solid fundamentals. His ability in the air has always been one of his strengths, and he's always impressed me because he does the basics well. For his size he gets down extremely well and coming from a more 'basic' league in Belgium, he's got that experience of slightly messier, more utilitarian football.

So I think sending him to Fulham doesn't help him enough to mitigate the loss of another season in Madrid where he gets a chance to play Champions League football.

Basically I think it's a bit of a low-class move if we do that.

His jumping is pretty good for sure, especially for such a tall guy :

111116_thibaut%202.jpg