Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

I hate to say this because Cech is a club legend and I love him, but if you think about what would be best for the club in winning games/trophies it would be to put Thibaut in goal this next season, and then sell Cech (who still has a lot of worth, tons of teams would jump at the chance).

Either that or make Cech the backup, but from the games I've seen of athelitco (more than a few) Courtois is verrry close if not at cech's level of play, and I guarantee by end of next season He will be at least equal, and 1/10 as likely to get injured.

The chance that Cech could do marginally better for us next season than courtois doesnt even come close to outweighing the risk of losing Courtois and how promising he is looking.

On the other hand though, I hate to just tell Cech to fuck off just because its a little better for the club, but then again, isn't that what they're doing to lamps?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8560986/Chelsea-s-Thibaut-Courtois-happy-to-stay-on-loan-at-Atletico-Madrid

Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois happy to stay on loan at Atletico Madrid

I say, extend his contract during the summer until 2018/19 and stick in a £30-40m buyout, only then would I be comfortable with him going on a loan to Madrid for a third time.

Otherwise, I'd be afraid of him getting too comfortable there or Barca/Madrid coming in for him. I know he said recently he's glad to wait for his spot at Chelsea, but minds can change; especially if we're still in transition and Atletico are in comfortable CL spot, with Real and Barca having strong chances every year to win it. It's also kinda starting to feel like we just paid for Thibaut as a gift for Atletico...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8560986/Chelsea-s-Thibaut-Courtois-happy-to-stay-on-loan-at-Atletico-Madrid

Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois happy to stay on loan at Atletico Madrid

I say, extend his contract during the summer until 2018/19 and stick in a £30-40m buyout, only then would I be comfortable with him going on a loan to Madrid for a third time.

Otherwise, I'd be afraid of him getting too comfortable there or Barca/Madrid coming in for him. I know he said recently he's glad to wait for his spot at Chelsea, but minds can change; especially if we're still in transition and Atletico are in comfortable CL spot, with Real and Barca having strong chances every year to win it. It's also kinda starting to feel like we just paid for Thibaut as a gift for Atletico...

We should put a large buyout into his contract for sure..

I am a bit concerned about a third loan spell at the same club.

Regardless of UCL football...Courtois will have to adapt to EPL style football..so provided we find the right club, he could of been loaned out within England...

That way...it'd be a much easier transition into Chelsea for Courtois.

We should put a large buyout into his contract for sure..

I am a bit concerned about a third loan spell at the same club.

Regardless of UCL football...Courtois will have to adapt to EPL style football..so provided we find the right club, he could of been loaned out within England...

That way...it'd be a much easier transition into Chelsea for Courtois.

Well, considering Courtois has been a major part of Atletico securing CL football for next season, it's quite harsh to expect him to go to a mid-table PL club next season to say the least. How would you feel if you were in his shoes? I'm pretty sure refusing him CL football and sticking him in a mediocre club is more damaging to his relationship with the club than letting him stay in Madrid for another year.

Besides, who would take him on loan? I know he is better than most keepers in the league, but who will honestly take him and play him as a starter to, let's face it, help us, rather than helping their own goalkeepers/team?

West Brom? Nope, Foster just came out of international retirement. Stoke if Begovic goes? Nope, they bought Butland. Villa? Lambert wouldn't start him over Guzan. Wigan? I don't think Martinez would either. And I don't believe any of the London teams would help us and take him as a starter. Maybe we can hope for Watford to get promoted, Zola would be more than happy to take him.

Anyway, my point is that it's not as easy as it sounds. Loaning an outfield player is one thing, but loaning a goalkeeper is quite different. If he goes do a PL club, does brilliantly, we're just going to take him away from them and leave a hole in their squad in the end, so many will say 'what's the point?'. You have to acknowledge that, though they are getting the best from the deal, we got lucky with Atletico because United bought De Gea and they were already interested in Courtois.

He said he sees himself ready for Chelsea in another 2-3 years, so, as long as we insert a majour buyout clause, I see no problem with him staying at Atlectico for another year, then moving him to a PL club, who actually play him, for a year or two. Though who will help us, I'm not so sure.

It all comes down to Chelsea's succession plan at the goalkeeper position. 2018-2019 is not even remotely possible. He's playing for the 2nd place Spanish club in La Liga, European League champions, etc. The real question is Chelsea willing to say good bye to Cech and put Courtois in the starting role by 2014-2015 which even still might be too late.

Just because he's young doesn't mean he needs 3+ years of seasoning. As I mentioned earlier he's already a top 10 goalkeeper in the world and has the potential to be the best in the world for many years to come. He's far better than Pfaff (FIFA 100) and Preud'Homme (FIFA's Goalkeeper of the Year) were at this point in their careers.

You can't take him from a Championship caliber team and throw him to a relegation side like Watford just because you want him to get PL experience and aren't willing to start him.

He either takes over by 2014-2015 or you sell him, and there's only one option that makes sense.

If Courtois spends one more season at Atletico, that is it, due to La Liga rules you can't be loaned for more than 3 consecutive seasons I believe, so if Lukaku is at Atletico during 14/15 he will be under contract to them.

Good to see his shirt exposed in Atletico's museum.

You gotta say... breaking the record of a club (110 years old) in your 2nd season on loan and being only 20 years old... not bad Thibaut, not bad!!

But now get back to the bridge before you really get used of having a tanned skin there in Spain B)

media_xll_5645896.jpg

Nah, don't worry guys, I doubt that story has even a pinch of truth in it! I mean c'mon - how many guys within Chelsea decide how much we sell our players for? Now; with that in mind, would those people spread around that information giving it the chance to leak out to such a crap paper? Doubt it!