Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

AS reporting his loan deal extended for another year.

If true, i think it should be his last season out on loan before he comes back and takes over from Cech.

My fear is, we obviously cant have him on the bench, so whilst Cech is here we are going to keep loaning it out, and i fear he isnt going to want to come home :(

he's been at madrid for ages now, and i fear he will want to stay. It was rumoured that Barcelona/Real were after him, i dont think he will be able to resist the temptation there...

If true, i think it should be his last season out on loan before he comes back and takes over from Cech.

My fear is, we obviously cant have him on the bench, so whilst Cech is here we are going to keep loaning it out, and i fear he isnt going to want to come home :(

he's been at madrid for ages now, and i fear he will want to stay. It was rumoured that Barcelona/Real were after him, i dont think he will be able to resist the temptation there...

We have him under contract. I doubt very much he's going to kick up a fuss when we decide to make the change but I agree he's too good to stick on the bench.

We have him under contract. I doubt very much he's going to kick up a fuss when we decide to make the change but I agree he's too good to stick on the bench.

the problem is though, if madrid stick in an offer for him, theres a chance he may want us to accept and then may go about handing in a transfer request etc.

I can't wait till he's in goal for us, but at the same time you dont want to cut Cech out too early as he's got numerous more seasons in him.

If we want him back, we click our fingers and he comes running. Fortunately I've seen nothing to suggest he's going to be troublesome.

As for Cech, we're going to move on from him at some point and if we have a once in a generation chance to do that then you have to remove emotion from the equation and take the sensible business move. It's very rare for a team to go from one player who's best in the world to another.

What if cech is going to be like van der sar!? we will never see Courtois!

but yeah i hear you, i was just saying that theres that awful 10% chance of all those nasty things happening and it scares me because it excites me when i think of our chelsea team in 2 or 3 seasons time with his name in goal.

What if cech is going to be like van der sar!? we will never see Courtois!

but yeah i hear you, i was just saying that theres that awful 10% chance of all those nasty things happening and it scares me because it excites me when i think of our chelsea team in 2 or 3 seasons time with his name in goal.

Cech has a year 2 at most remaining at top level his body and injuries like his elbow surgery in the summer are taking their toll on him.. and you can see it in his confidence with air balls.. Petr Cech will always be chelsea legend but we can't risk losing possibily the next great world keeper to keep an ailing Cech happy

Keep this interview (been 6 months now orso) between your ears ya'll , he doesnt give many :)

There had been suggestions that Courtois, 20, would be used as a makeweight in the possible transfer of striker Radamel Falcao to Stamford Bridge, but the young Belgian has denied that speculation.

“A lot of things the press say are nonsense. They are guessing,” he told the Evening Standard newspaper. “They know Chelsea want Falcao but Chelsea have told me, ‘The last thing we want to do is sell you’. Maybe they are lying to me but I don’t think so.

“It was strange joining Chelsea but when I signed for them I knew I would be loaned out to a team. They had a five-year plan for me. I only went to Chelsea to take my medical. I then went straight to Atletico and had a good year so I preferred to stay for another year.”

Regarding his future plans, Courtois confirmed that his ambition remains to replace Cech as Chelsea’s long-term No. 1. However, despite his impressive displays at Atlético, he believes it may be 2015 before he is needed by his West London employers.

“Cech is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, and I think I am an up and coming young talent with the quality maybe also to play for Chelsea,” he is quoted by the Evening Standard. “They will continue with Cech for two more years, I believe.

“The problem is I think that Chelsea didn’t expect me to be at this level this soon. I’ve developed really quickly. It’s a very good situation for Chelsea.”

In 18-months at the Vicente Calderon, Courtois has featured 82 times for Atlético in all competitions. His performances have seen him touted with a permanent stay at the club, while a move to Barcelona has also been rumoured in some media outlets.