Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

If Asenjo really is an excellent GK, Atletico probably wouldn't have been so persistent in keeping him previously. And wasn't he dropped for favor of De Gea previously as well??

Courtois is slightly better and De Gea was excellent at Athletico. I've watched Sergio many times, he is very good and still very young.

Tbh whenever i have watched falcao in action live he certainly has not been that impressive.A lot of his goals are penalties,tap ins etc.I would rather sign lewandowski for 20m then falcao for 48m.

Tbh whenever i have watched falcao in action live he certainly has not been that impressive.A lot of his goals are penalties,tap ins etc.I would rather sign lewandowski for 20m then falcao for 48m.

I'd rather sign lewandowski for 48m then falcao for 48m. Really not a fan of falcao. As great as he is, I don't want a striker like him

But with this being the courtois thread, it would be genuinely stupid to let him go. He can be a cornerstone in our team for the next 10-15 years if we play this out right

Cech has more experience and does somethings better than Courtois but Courtois's ceiling is higher. He's the best Belgian goalkeeping talent I've seen and I got to see both Pfaff (FIFA 100, Goalkeeper of the Year in 1987, 1986 world cup team) and Predu'homme (Goalkeeper of he year in 1994) in their primes. This guy has the potential to be the best in the world year in and year out. He's already top 10 in the world at 21.

Why don't we just offer 30 million and Torres, surely they will accept 30,000,500 no?

Torres is worth £1 mate. Don't know where you got the other £499 from, you're clearly drunk. Go home Ryan Davidson. Go home.

Atletico are ahead of Real more down to Courtois keeping them in games rather than Falcao finishing off games. Even to them Courtois seems to be the bigger asset. Doesn't that say a lot?

Not taking anything away from Courtois here... But it's more down to Juan Fran, Merida, Godin and Felipe Luis which have given Courtois very little work the past few months. Atletico has the fewest shots conceded in La Liga and actually both Falcao and Diego Costa have been magnificent.

Actually quite funny how people are rating Falcao over here. You do remember the semi-finals and finals of the Europa League last season? And the Supercup. 3 games on a high stage where he delivered big time for his team.

Is there a reason why he's not starting tonight?

Just a rotation policy like Hamilton has explained. Barca do the same with their GKs. Valdes for La Liga and CL while Pinto for the Copa Del Rey.

Courtois hasn't played a minute in EL and probably won't play one this season. Simeone is choosing Sergio Asenjo to play further in the European tournament, while Thibaut will take all games in league and cup.

Torres is worth £1 mate. Don't know where you got the other £499 from, you're clearly drunk. Go home Ryan Davidson. Go home.

It's worse than that... We'd have to pay part of his ridiculously high wages until his contract runs out....

Yes, we'd have to essentially PAY someone to play Torres... Considering his recent form, sounds about right to me. B)

Courtois scoffs at idea of Chelsea Falcao swap

Some things he said worth pointing out.

The European champions have been constantly linked by the media with a big-money swoop for Atletico's hot-shot marksman Falcao but Courtois has dismissed the idea he could be involved in some sort of exchange deal.

"A lot of things the press say are nonsense," the 20-year-old Belgium international told Reuters in an interview held at Atletico's training ground, just outside the Spanish capital. "They are guessing.

"They know Chelsea want Radamel Falcao but Chelsea have also told me, 'The last thing we want to do is sell you'. Maybe they are lying to me but I don't think so."

Take note of the last sentence.

The Londoners signed Courtois from Racing Genk in 2011 as a long-term replacement for Petr Cech and he was immediately loaned out to Atletico.

A year and a half later the Belgian is firmly established as the number one keeper in an Atletico team lying second in La Liga, that also won the 2012 Europa League and hammered Champions League winners Chelsea 4-1 in last year's European Super Cup.

"The problem is I think that Chelsea didn't expect me to be at this level this soon," said Courtois.

Talking in a measured style in fluent English, one of four languages he is comfortable with, the towering keeper displays a confidence and composure well ahead of his years.

"I've developed really quickly," said Courtois. "It's a very good situation for Chelsea.

"They have Cech, who is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, and I think I am an up and coming young talent with the quality maybe also to play for Chelsea. They will continue with Cech for two more years, I think."