Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

What risk on an unproven player? He's just won the player of the year award in a team that won a league title. It might not be in one of the finest leagues but doing that aged 18 is still a remarkable achievement. Don't make him into an unknown youth team player the scouting team picked up somewhere. His name and fame was widely known before he went to Chelsea and there were many potential suitors who were ready to take a 'risk' on him. Chelsea's involvement with Courtois' development and achievements has been very little indeed, unlike you're making out.

This isn't the eighties anymore where clubs can play despots and order players around. They're employees with rights and if Chelsea goes against the wishes of Courtois then that could make a very cloudy further working relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea caved in and granted him an extra year at Atletico, if they'd still want him.

As an unproven player I mean a guy who had only one season of professional football under his belt in a league which, with all due respect, is not even in the top10 of European football. £8m for a guy like that is a lot of money and Atletico aside, which clubs were willing to pay that much for him?

And where have I said that Chelsea have been largely involved with his development and achievements so far? I am merely stating the fact that Courtois is a player of Chelsea FC and he should act accordingly. So far he hasn't done anything to suggest otherwise and everything is just the normal media bullshit but soon there will be a point where Thibaut needs to make a decision. Will he fight to become Chelsea's number one keeper and be willing to leave the comfort of Spain or will he burn his bridges to everyone at Chelsea FC, club and fans included, to pursue his career elsewhere. All I'm saying is that option number two won't be easy for him and things will probably get ugly if he decides to go that way.

Personally I rate the guy to be one of the finest goalkeepers in the world already and think we should do everything in our power to keep him at Chelsea, including sacrificing Cech for Courtois within a few years, but Courtois himself needs to make some sacrifices too.

As an unproven player I mean a guy who had only one season of professional football under his belt in a league which, with all due respect, is not even in the top10 of European football ...

Being ranked number 10 on the uefa club ranking counts as top 10 in my books.

It's such a difficult decision and predicament, and one any club would kill to be in. However, as much as I love Petr with my heart, my head is telling me not to even risk losing Courtois. We should loan him out as long as time would allow, but there is no way we should risk losing out on him.

It might take him a season to adapt, but honestly, I wouldn't mind if it means we have a world class keeper for the next 15+ years, instead of 5+. Also, he's so tall, and not to mention confident, I can't see a De Gea situation at all. Besides from that, there's been situations this season where I thought Cech could've done a lot better. I sometimes feel that if we had the younger, hungrier keeper (like Cech himself once was), some goals could've been avoided.

We're in quite a privileged situation, going from one world class keeper to the next is rare, and we have a chance to do it 3 times on the trot: Cudicini - Cech - Courtios. (A thing for C's maybe?)

Don't forget, while Cech isn't as injury prone as Cudicini was, Cudicini wasn't far off Cech's age now when we decided to replace him; despite having fantastic season's previously.

You cannot disregard the fact that Thibaot might not want to play for Chelsea for 15 years. Maybe he doesnt want to stay in London. We dont know that. And if he doesnt, and honestly doesnt, we wont keep him.

You cannot disregard the fact that Thibaot might not want to play for Chelsea for 15 years. Maybe he doesnt want to stay in London. We dont know that. And if he doesnt, and honestly doesnt, we wont keep him.

Sadly, that's also true mate. I would like to think we have a slight edge by having the likes of Hazard, KDB and Lukaku, but I'm not sure that would matter if the likes of Barca came knocking...at least we would quadruple our money though! I mean, if De Gea is worth near £20m, surely Courtois would be £25m+? I'd also like to think we wouldn't sell him on the cheap to Barca since they openly hate us.

Being ranked number 10 on the uefa club ranking counts as top 10 in my books.

That was hardly the point in my post and even if Belgium are ranked number ten that still doesn't change the fact that Courtois was very much unproven at the time he joined Chelsea.

But that's enough of that, no need arguing about this any further. Let's just wait and see what happens.

That was hardly the point in my post and even if Belgium are ranked number ten that still doesn't change the fact that Courtois was very much unproven at the time he joined Chelsea.

But that's enough of that, no need arguing about this any further. Let's just wait and see what happens.

He was obviously refering to Atletico Madrid's ranking ;).

And he didn't make any point I see now since you were talking about the Belgian competition..

He was obviously refering to Atletico Madrid's ranking ;).

And he didn't make any point I see now since you were talking about the Belgian competition..

No, I was not referring to Atletico's ranking, but the Belgian League (should have stated country ranking and not club ranking, so I stand corrected).

But I agree with pr22 that it doesn't make any sense arguing about this any further.

@ChelseaRumours: Atletico Madrid & Thibaut Courtois have just conceded a goal at home, ending a 1000+ minute streak.

True fact.

A bit unlucky it had to be a stupid penalty kick!

Anyways a great run by our big fella!

I'm sure that all these young prospects are signed to make some profit.

They can cash in right now and, at least, make the double profit on Courtois without having to play any game for Chelsea.

I'm sure the board will think about any offer concerning Courtois. The fact that chelsea tried to sign Butland is not innocent