Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Again Courtois in the Belgian sport headlines today. I found an article on a Belgian news website : http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/998/Voetbal/article/detail/1574248/2013/02/05/Atletico-wil-Courtois-definitief-aan-zich-binden.dhtml

And i will translate it roughly:

Athlético wants to keep Courtois permanently.

Courtois is doing ever so well in Madrid, and therefore Chelsea has a dilemma. Does the London club has to recall the Belgian goalkeeper and put him in goal instead of the legendary Petr Cech? Or do they have to search a new solution for Courtois? One thing is sure: it's difficult for Chelsea to recall Courtois and just let him warm the bench, and Madrid knows that too. In Madrid, Courtois already is a cultfigure, a very important member of the team. They hope to extend his loan for another year and even more so they want to have him permanently with a long term deal, Chelsea's keeper trainer Christophe Lollichon visited Courtois this weekend, and he saw him keeping another clean sheet in the primera division. Lollichon talked with Courtois about his future. Lollichon assured Courtois that Chelsea sees the young Belgian goalkeeper as the true

successor of Cech. Also, Chelsea agreed to offer Courtois a new and better deal.

Well guys, that's the most important in the article.

Of course, who knows if it is true?

It would not make sense giving him away for falcao.. Dont get me wrong falcao is one of the best at the moment but he is already 26 nearly 27. And he has a release clause that we can pay. So why would be give away the best young keeper on the planet that could be our number one for 15 years for a striker that could be world class for us for 3-5 years!! Courtois is the future world class keeper that a world class team like chelsea need for many years!!

Watch this video mate :)

That was pretty cool! Thanks for the video.

I'm convinced then (by all replies); perhaps he's just playing nice since he's gonna stay there for a while.

Back to Courtois though, it's a difficult situation; Cech isn't going to play forever, but he's relatively young for a GK, so he prob still has a few years ahead of him at Chelsea, which means Courtois needs to find game elsewhere.

Atletico were never going to give him up without a fight. Not even them - Courtois will now have a pick of the best clubs in the world thanks to his good form. I think it is naive to think he'd, 'wait' for 2-3 years for Cech (who is still class mind), when he could go to Barce, Atletico, Juve etc.

Anyway Cech is better !! And a Chelsea LEGEND

487616_338100539639749_1699207413_n.jpg

Lol! I don't think anyone challenges that fact.

But times will change, even for legends (see Lamps ... ), and it is reassuring we have a worthy gk lined-up.

Ps: i mean this in a very non offensive way btw.

Atletico have a far better and more cohesive defence... Courtois has actually got quite a low save percentage because he doesn't face even half as many shots on target as Cech does. So don't look into the stats too much. Both are brilliant goalkeepers, but in terms of their overall quality, if you think Courtois is even near Cech's shadow, you're very much so mistaken.

The best goalkeepers in the world are the likes of Buffon, Casillas and Cech, The next level are the likes of Lloris, Manuel Neuer, Joe Hart. After them you have the next great goalkeepers; the likes of Marc Andre ter-Stegen and Courtois. Thibaut is good, but not brilliant.