Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

I gotta give credit where its due he deserved the GG award.

With RM normally a team that cherry pick the current in form players it should help us get a few more quid out of them.

OR he signs a new contract with some clause about RM in the future - a similar one should be used with Eden.

They should both be made to get off the  fence this week or we sell Tibo anyway and argue for Eden.

COPE: Courtois to Real Madrid could be a done deal as soon as today.

https://www.cope.es/noticias/futbol/real-madrid-courtois-17-08-2018_240102

The whites want to rejuvenate the goal and  after the frustrated signing of Kepa in the past winter market , the bet is clear for the Atlético de Madrid exporter.

The contract of the recent Gold Glove of the World Cup with Chelsea ends in 2019  and therefore the English would welcome the sale. A price between 30-35 million euros is spoken in the foreign press.

In addition, the Belgian goalkeeper wants to return to live in the capital of Spain since his children live there with his ex-wife.

As our colleague Melchor Ruiz has reported in Deportes COPE, this same Tuesday we can close the arrival of the Belgian goalkeeper

3 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

COPE: Courtois to Real Madrid could be a done deal as soon as today.

https://www.cope.es/noticias/futbol/real-madrid-courtois-17-08-2018_240102

The whites want to rejuvenate the goal and  after the frustrated signing of Kepa in the past winter market , the bet is clear for the Atlético de Madrid exporter.

The contract of the recent Gold Glove of the World Cup with Chelsea ends in 2019  and therefore the English would welcome the sale. A price between 30-35 million euros is spoken in the foreign press.

In addition, the Belgian goalkeeper wants to return to live in the capital of Spain since his children live there with his ex-wife.

As our colleague Melchor Ruiz has reported in Deportes COPE, this same Tuesday we can close the arrival of the Belgian goalkeeper

Perfect timing if that's the case, chuck everything at Alisson.

Even as a belgian, i can't wait to see the back of Courtois. As great as he is, i also don't think he has the ball playing skills Sarri would demand from a keeper.

Allison would be great, but then again 70 million for a goalkeeper is a bit too much for my taste.

If he goes we are either going to go balls deep for Alisson (downgrade IMO but still) provided Liverpool haven't signed him.  Bid denied according to SSN

Me personally I'd ask for Navas off Madrid. I know he is not world class but im a Kasper Schmeichel fan, too

Don't know what to make of this, he needed to go but I fear this will mean Hazard is going as well. They've always seemed close and said they would sign together. I think any small chance we had of keeping Hazard has gone now.

We've genuinely had a world class goalkeeper between the posts for way over a decade. The only other club on Earth that can safely claim that as well is probably Juventus

Let's hope that doesn't change now.

If Alisson is off to Liverpool i would look to negotiate Navas into the Courtois deal. Ask for £15-20m and navas and see where we get with it.

Otherwise we could end up frantically looking for a keeper late in the window and end up overpaying. At least this way we'd replace Courtois with a really solid and experienced goalkeeper for the next couple of years without being fleeced and be able to concentrate our energies and resources on improving other areas of the team.