Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

When did this myth of Cech flapping at crosses begin lol? And when was he dropped for Schwarzer da fak?

Cech at Courtois' age was miles better. At 32 it's much closer though, the only major difference between the two is people will favour Courtois because he's the younger more exciting player at the moment.

It's why you keep hearing the "he's never been the same since the head injury" line time after time despite the fact he was far and away the best keeper in the World as early as 2012.

No because Cech is quite frankly a better goalkeeper and one of the very best the league as ever seen and he only gets to displace Cech by actually earning it through outperforming Cech in a chelsea uniform in an ideal world.

So how exactly does he 'outperform' Cech without playing in games? A little hard to outperform someone on the bench wouldn't you agree?

La liga does not have big tall extremely physical players like the EPl. He's not going to have a free roam in the box to pick up flighted balls like he did over there. We have huge players like Kompany, Lescott, Jones,Ager, Etc etc., who will challenge and block you from all that. Plus players like Kevin nolan, Lambert, etcc are very hard and taller than average Joes in Spain. So its not going to be that easy. He will be successful, but not what some are thinking like its going to be a cakewalk.

I think your ideas on La Liga / EPL are a bit outdated... Nowadays, all top leagues have become quite "physical" with an emphasis on set-pieces.

Don't know if you ever watched La Liga games but they DO attack crosses/corners quite intensively and I wouldn't call Pepe / Puyol / Llorente / Ronaldo / etc. "pushovers" in the box?

He has -IMO- proven to be successful in these situations, both internationally, in Spain and in the CL (when confronted with Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Ramires?)

So I'm sure he has all the qualities (1.99 m!) to do so in EPL as well...

PS/ Interesting read on # of aerial duels / league: http://footballthoughtsfromsweden.wordpress.com/2012/08/12/aerial-duels-in-england-france-germany-italy-and-spain/

"I was surprised by the high numbers from Spanish La Liga, last season La Liga actually had the largest mean of the AADW for the five leagues"

Having to fight for the position would only make both of them nervous and they would make more mistakes. Confidence is one of the most important things for goalkeepers. We should have started the season with one undisputed #1.

Cech usually has to do alot actually. a whole lot more than Thibaut.. . .The presence of David Luiz alone makes that impossible.

David Luiz played in defence about 3 times after November. His presence is not really a factor, in reality anyway.

I think your ideas on La Liga / EPL are a bit outdated... Nowadays, all top leagues have become quite "physical" with an emphasis on set-pieces.

Don't know if you ever watched La Liga games but they DO attack crosses/corners quite intensively and I wouldn't call Pepe / Puyol / Llorente / Ronaldo / etc. "pushovers" in the box?

He has -IMO- proven to be successful in these situations, both internationally, in Spain and in the CL (when confronted with Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Ramires?)

So I'm sure he has all the qualities (1.99 m!) to do so in EPL as well...

PS/ Interesting read on # of aerial duels / league: http://footballthoughtsfromsweden.wordpress.com/2012/08/12/aerial-duels-in-england-france-germany-italy-and-spain/

"I was surprised by the high numbers from Spanish La Liga, last season La Liga actually had the largest mean of the AADW for the five leagues"

I think he's talking about the proverbial 'cold night in Stoke' which Cech is proven to be comfortable with...

except 58 seconds into this video.

When did this myth of Cech flapping at crosses begin lol? And when was he dropped for Schwarzer da fak?

Cech at Courtois' age was miles better. At 32 it's much closer though, the only major difference between the two is people will favour Courtois because he's the younger more exciting player at the moment.

It's why you keep hearing the "he's never been the same since the head injury" line time after time despite the fact he was far and away the best keeper in the World as early as 2012.

Look i understand that some people wanne defend a true Chelsea legend like Cech and rightfully so, but saying that Cech was miles better than courtois when he had the same age is not true , i would even say that Courtois is better because of the experience he have right now compared to a 22 year old Cech.