Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

The way I see it - if Atletico Madrid won't respect the agreement and insist on playing TB in their goal then we can always recall him. I feel that TB does bring their team to another level and in the end of the day club > player. Though this will have a very negative aspect in the clubs' relations and may push Courtois towards fileing a transfer request

Goddamn UEFA mafia.

Hopefully Abramovich will put Atletico on the ropes on this one.

We loaned them one of the best goal keepers in the world, who is one of the many reasons they are where they are now. Chelsea gave Atletico a HUGE boost and the only thing we asked in return was that they respect THEIR half of the contract which states the player can't be used against Chelsea. If they are unable to keep their part of the agreement, then this means there shouldn't be an agreement in the first place and the player must return to us next season.

Also, since this is a club that doesn't respect the contracts it signs, then Chelsea should abstain from loaning any other of its young stars to this club in the future. See how they like that.

Can see it now he saves the crucial spot kick in second leg penalty shoot out ...cue media frenzy. ...And they must take responsibility for spawning Torres.

I guess they really do hate us. Imagine they didn't interfere and all parties respected the contract, the media would be out in full force saying how 'unsportsman' we are.

Yet if Athletico go back on their word and play him, there would be nothing.

Anybody thinking about Courtois' feelings?

How happy he would be to miss such an important match, perhaps the most important in his career, he worked so hard to experience?

The fact that he is our player doesn't make it better if we deny him opportunity to be there for the club he played the last three years for.

It would be honourable from us to let him play regardless of that clause, considering this may be his last season there?

You feel very confident he would sign new contract if we make him miss this game?

That clause would be propriate for group stages, but semifinals, I don't think so.

It's unfair to Courtois himself.

fuck off uefa. when atletico signed the contract, they knew about the clause. also he isnt THEIR PLAYER; he is OUR player. I think we should agree with them on our own and we would do it. Platini should go and bury himself alive for real. only because they hate us, but hopefully they will swallow the bitter pill when we'll reach the cup

If he is allowed to play and If he first handedly caused our elimination would you guys hold it against him when he comes back?

Personally, I wouldn't. But you can be sure many will.

Ronaldo was met with a very fierce and hateful reaction by the fans when he came back to Man United after having scored the penalty for Portugal that eliminated England in the World Cup 2006.

Sure he can play, what depends is if he will if there is a fee.

If it is ruled that Atletico don't have to pay any fee if one was previously agreed upon, it kind of screws them if they hope to loan Courtois again

If he is allowed to play and If he first handedly caused our elimination would you guys hold it against him when he comes back?

No, you would have to blame the club for being incompetent, could've loaned him out to any Spanish/Italian team who played in the Europa league and there would've been no issue.

I would frankly love it he plays for so many reasons.

1- The kid will get a chance to play a semi final AND against his team, which is always a good test of character and mentality. Definitely will add to his experience.

2- If Atletico chooses to allow him to play, I expect this would be compensated somehow if we go with Costa.

3- If we get through and God willing we will, I wouldn't read on the papers that we had to cripple our opponent to get through.

Having said that if we exercise our clause, then both teams would have HONORED their agreement. If Chelsea agrees that he plays against us, then by all means that is HONORABLE too. It is all a win win situation in my opinion.

I don't care if he plays or not but if Chelsea and Atlético really have that clause in the contract Atlético should respect it tbh and if they don't Chelsea should just sue them or something. I hate it when someone breaks their word/contract.