Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Atlético (its not Atletico) really have an amazing defensive system. Curtois just happen to part of the defensive system.

When we had an amazing defensive system under Mourinho, Cech used to made insane saves.

Curtois is really good GK, but we already have Cech. For Chelsea the best thing to do is to cash in.

Pedantic much?

that's what I was about to say (not the amount itself because I had no idea of it until you posted). If it's true we've included such a clause in his loan contract it's obviously we'd ask for an exorbitant amount of money for one match. That's probably the amount PER MATCH, as each match is a different case.

So Chelsea board proves yet again to be very smart. Either Atlético pays the ridiculous amount of money if they're desperate or they play with a keeper that hasn't been playing at all for them at the final stages of the most important competition for them. We're brilliant, really.

You know what would be really brilliant? Playing with your best players, instead of loaning them out.

Atletico could use to deploy Courtois, but it involves paying Chelsea upwards of 8 million.

According to Atletico, it is a figure they cannot pay.

Well, in that case, bring Atletico on.

Its explained on the previous page mate ;)

He can if atletico pay some sort of fee to Chelsea, some say its 9mil

Atlético (its not Atletico) really have an amazing defensive system. Curtois just happen to part of the defensive system.

When we had an amazing defensive system under Mourinho, Cech used to made insane saves.

Curtois is really good GK, but we already have Cech. For Chelsea the best thing to do is to cash in.

Courtois (it is not Curtois)

I really hope Chelsea and Atletico will not meet in the semi final. I can understand this whole deal to come over as quite disgusting to the neutral public. It was a very bright idea, but it won't get Chelsea any sympathy... (and that's me being polite).

Yeah, the footballing world would hate us even more than they already do if we were to hold Atletico to this payment. Imagine if both of us made it to the final and we made them pay up or force them to sit him. We'd be seen as " the biggest cunts in football" and it would probably destroy any chance of us getting Costa. Not to mention piss Courtois off for ruining what may be a once in a lifetime chance.

I'd just let him play. José always talks about wanting to play against the best sides and how it will be a nice test for us, so let's just allow them to use him if we draw them.

Of course there will be murmurs of discontent from non Chelsea fans, but there's absolutely nothing wrong in this. When they signed the contract it was there in black and white, they were aware of this possibility. And tbh Athletico themselves will probably not complain to much, Chelsea have paid his wages and gave a player who's one of the primary reasons they're both top of the league and where they are in the UCL.

I really hope Chelsea and Atletico will not meet in the semi final. I can understand this whole deal to come over as quite disgusting to the neutral public. It was a very bright idea, but it won't get Chelsea any sympathy... (and that's me being polite).

Sympathy you say? that ship has sailed long ago..

Ok, forget the sympathy then, there's still sportsmanship to consider. He made them get to the semi finals, he should have the right to aim for the trophy with them in my eyes.

If football is merely business, why don't we all stop following it and in stead watch a banker count his money for 90 minutes.

I'd rather postpone the whole business until the final, and when it comes to it, may the best team win.