Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

That's a quote by Atletico president.

The entire world knows we’d like Costa to join our ranks. Let’s not make anything harder. I say play Courtois against us and keep the good relations flowing.

Great news!

Delete, erase, efface, BURN the last 10 pages of this topic!

Gentleman-ship still exists! :clap::tiphat:

they are only gentlemen because they want Courtois next season on loan.

And Chelsea want Costa, Koke et al. Atletico could just as easily take advantage of the situation that Chelsea would be demonized if they held firm on their loan fee and or took the matter to court.

This will be resolved through a back room deal most likely chopping Costa's price.

wont courtois only have a year left on his contract if we loan him to atletico again next season.

I remember there being some sort of ruling that if a player is not played by the parent club for a certain amount of time, certain amount of appearances, they can buy out their contract before its expiry.

Not sure on that one, however. point being that if we loan him again, and he doesnt sign a contract extension, which is likely, we will lose out bigtime on his transfer fee.

Unless, ofcourse we are selling him to atletico and getting costa.

wont courtois only have a year left on his contract if we loan him to atletico again next season.

I remember there being some sort of ruling that if a player is not played by the parent club for a certain amount of time, certain amount of appearances, they can buy out their contract before its expiry.

Not sure on that one, however. point being that if we loan him again, and he doesnt sign a contract extension, which is likely, we will lose out bigtime on his transfer fee.

Unless, ofcourse we are selling him to atletico and getting costa.

I think the idea is to have Courtois sign a 3 year extention to his contract before loaning him out for another season. if he refusus that he would be recalled.

Yeah me too but a season in the prem wouldnt have done no him any harm as prep for the Cfc no1 jersey

He has a established himself as one off the best keepers in the world, who quite possibly at the end off this season would have won everything there is to win in Spain (La Liga, CL, CDR, Europey).
I hardly think he is going to go to Hull to 'prove himself in the PL' when Real Madrid would happily sign him with their eyes closed. If we were going to go down the 'test in PL' route we should have done it before we sent him to Leti.

Marca saying today that Chelsea and Atletico are discussing the final terms of the new agreement between the two clubs and the decision will be made public after the Champions League tie.

Courtois will sign a new three-year deal with Chelsea that will keep him at the club until 2019 and he will go on loan at Atletico for the next two seasons. When he comes back, in 2016, Jose will make him the #1 GK.

And it looks like Diego Costa is part of that business too.

€50m is the amount Chelsea will pay for him, not €60. His release clause, €40m + the 25% tax that the Spanish authorities are asking for (€10m).

Marca saying today that Chelsea and Atletico are discussing the final terms of the new agreement between the two clubs and the decision will be made public after the Champions League tie.

Courtois will sign a new three-year deal with Chelsea that will keep him at the club until 2019 and he will go on loan at Atletico for the next two seasons. When he comes back, in 2016, Jose will make him the #1 GK.

And it looks like Diego Costa is part of that business too.

€50m is the amount Chelsea will pay for him, not €60. His release clause, €40m + the 25% tax that the Spanish authorities are asking for (€10m).

If we are kind enough to give them Courtois for another two years, surely they could repay the favour by letting DC leave with us simply paying them €40m without having to activate the clause and pay additional €10m in taxes when the money gets transferred via Diego Costa's personal bank account. It will make absolutely no difference to Atletico where the money comes from because they get €40m all the same but for Chelsea it will be a matter of €10m. Release clauses in Spain are typically only activated when the club in question have no intention of selling but here the relationship between the clubs is supposedly a good one so why the fuck would we still end up paying €10m over the release clause for the player?

Other than that, I would have no problem with that scenario. We'd get one of the best strikers in the world at the moment and Courtois would be able to continue his development in Spain until Cech's contract expires in 2016. I would say Courtois is already at least as good as Cech, perhaps even better at some things, but this way we'd at least get to keep him on a long term contract and the transition from Cech to Courtois would be a very simple one when Cech's contract would be up and he would either extend it and stay as a backup on smaller wages or leave chasing new challenges for the last couple of years of his career.

Of course, if there was an option of recalling Courtois and making him our number one keeper for next season as well as getting Diego Costa that would still be my preference but the one mentioned in Marca is a close second.

Men, and here I thought we was the only one doing such things.

Now I know why Atletico president said they will come to an agreement with Chelsea.

Because even though UEFA nullified such contract, they know it would be jack up not to try to work something out.

As they do it themselves and they want to continue to loan Courtois.

I love Courtois but they were just decent saves that any keeper should make.

I'm one of his biggest fans but seriously. Courtois makes a decent save that any good keeper will make and you guys hype it so much.

read my mind. The desperation to see Courtois displace cech is real out here. every decent/average save and performance by him must be hyped up to ridiculous levels.