Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

That selection of keepers does raise an interesting point.

Look how long it took United to replace Schmeichel. Look at how Arsenal struggled to get an established number one after Seaman. Khan played until he was older, but it cost Bayern 22 million to replace him. Buffon has lasted a while but he's still the most expensive keeper ever.

Replacing world class keepers isn't that easy, and rarely is it that cheap. We have a chance to go from one of the world's best 4 keepers to another. That opportunity might be unique in the history of football (could spend my day researching that.....nah).

Yeah agree.

I do feel that if the club and mourinho where to sell courtois with out bringing him back will be moronic.

Selling Mata was great and understandable but this is not.

He has to come back.

Do the unthinkable? Swap Cech and some cash in the Costa deal in the summer and keep Courtois?

This is the best decision for the future. The time is coming where we must make this decision. But it won't feel right, it just won't.

But mourinho has done it before to success.

This is the best decision for the future. The time is coming where we must make this decision. But it won't feel right, it just won't.

But mourinho has done it before to success.

That´s exactly how I feel. Courtois won´t sign an extension to his contract unless he is promised No 1 spot. We all know it.

Therefore, the swap is the best solution at the moment. After all, many clubs would love to have Costa on their roster, I read.

What makes everyone so sure that Petr would want to go to Athletico?

Let me make a bold prediction (This is just a prediction, not what I actually want to happen): We will sell Courtois and Lukaku in the summer.

How the hell do you embed Twitter posts?

Just paste the link to the tweet.

What makes everyone so sure that Petr would want to go to Athletico?

Let me make a bold prediction (This is just a prediction, not what I actually want to happen): We will sell Courtois and Lukaku in the summer.

Just paste the link to the tweet.

This might also happen. From the comments of diego simione, he says they need to keep Courtois at all cost. It was as if he meant that he is more important than any other player there. They might go as far as offering us Costa on the platter just to keep Courtois

Jose Mourinho believes Thibaut Courtois will return to Chelsea next season

He said: "Courtois is our player, Diego is not our

player, so I cannot speak about Diego Costa.

"About Courtois, I can, because he is my

player."

Asked if he could see Courtois staying at

Atletico, Mourinho replied: "No."

Facebook made me think the swap was official. Jose benched Iker so he should be able to choose who he thinks is best for Chelsea. Although he probably likes Petr a lot more than Iker on a personal level. How many years does Petr have on his contract and how old is he?

How many years does Petr have on his contract and how old is he?

Cech will be 32 before the season ends. Both him and Courtois have contracts till 2016 so basically the ultimate decision will have to be made this summer. Maybe Courtois could be sent on another loan if he first signed a new contract and was given guarantees that he would be taking over Cech's position for the 15/16 season but I really can't see that happening and the time to make Courtois our new number one keeper is either this summer or never.

Cech might be able to go on for another three or four years but Courtois will definitely be able to play for over a decade and could well end up being better than Cech ever was so I know which option I'd choose. It would be harsh on Cech but one can't be overly emotional when thinking about what's best for the future of the club.

Cech will be 32 before the season ends. Both him and Courtois have contracts till 2016 so basically the ultimate decision will have to be made this summer. Maybe Courtois could be sent on another loan if he first signed a new contract and was given guarantees that he would be taking over Cech's position for the 15/16 season but I really can't see that happening and the time to make Courtois our new number one keeper is either this summer or never.

Cech might be able to go on for another three or four years but Courtois will definitely be able to play for over a decade and could well end up being better than Cech ever was so I know which option I'd choose. It would be harsh on Cech but one can't be overly emotional when thinking about what's best for the future of the club.

Can we just give Courtois a long term loan to Madrid? He seems to love Madrid so why can't he just accept a loan there for 2 years.

Can we just give Courtois a long term loan to Madrid? He seems to love Madrid so why can't he just accept a loan there for 2 years.

He'd have to sign a new contract first. No point sending him away for another two years because at the end of that loan his contract at Chelsea would expire and he'd be able to sign for another club on a free transfer.

Three years on loan at the same club is already kind of stretching it and for a Chelsea player he's gotten way too attached to Atletico. However, it might be a good deal for everyone if Courtois signed another contract at Chelsea, let's say till 2020, and was sent on loan to Atletico for another two years with the promise that in 2016 he will be Chelsea's number one with Cech either released on a free when his contract expires or him signing a new deal with reduced wages and a backup role. Atletico, given the good relationship between their club and ours, could then allow us to have Diego Costa for a reduced price. Win-win-win situation if there ever was one. ;)

Can't see that happening though, just speculating.