Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

its a tough situation really. I dont think he will let himself be loaned out one more time. he knows that plenty of clubs would take him in a heartbeat. on the other side, cech is playing really good and there are no real reasons to drop him. really a tough tough decision...

After seeing what happend with the Mata thread makes me wonder what wil happen with the petr thread if he got replaced with thibaut :s

Nothing because everyone knew this was gonna have to happen some day while with Mata it is a bit of a shock because no one expected Jose to isolate Mata.

Those are equal good if you ask me

Imo Cech is a bit better in the air while Courtois is better on the ground and he is faster than Cech, probably because of age and injuries to Cech over the years.

Lots of members said Jose would keep favouring his old boys ,,,, well it hasnt happened with Essien , Cole or Lampard so why should it happen with Cech.

If Jose believes Thibaut is the best choice he will go with him.. He has stuck with Terry cos this season JT has been by far our best CB...

The problem is that Courtois and Cech can't be in the same team... Either one has to be sold or Courtois loaned out again and again.

This might be a wishful thinking but think with Mourinho around, we could have both Courtois and Cech in the same team for next season at the very least.

This might be a wishful thinking but think with Mourinho around, we could have both Courtois and Cech in the same team for next season at the very least.

How's that actually work? Do they get alternate games? One plays the first half, the other the second?

If we make the switch then it has to be done cleanly - Courtois is made number one and gets a proper chance to bed in and build a relationship with the team. The argument used to be that he was the better choice for the future, but there's a very strong case that he's the better keeper right now. Would Cech want to be the back-up too?

Nothing because everyone knew this was gonna have to happen some day while with Mata it is a bit of a shock because no one expected Jose to isolate Mata.

Imo Cech is a bit better in the air while Courtois is better on the ground and he is faster than Cech, probably because of age and injuries to Cech over the years.

Yeah but i was talking about that cech save vs manu and the courtois save vs madrid that are equal good for me, not about them in general ;)

Well, I think Chelsea fans should be happy about the news that have been circulating for the last couple of days: According to the German media ter Stegen is set to join Barcelona this summer (he rejected a new contract at Gladbach) which means the team that has been most interested in Courtois has its GK for the next decade. Just have to lock down Courtois with a new contract now.

How's that actually work? Do they get alternate games? One plays the first half, the other the second?

If we make the switch then it has to be done cleanly - Courtois is made number one and gets a proper chance to bed in and build a relationship with the team. The argument used to be that he was the better choice for the future, but there's a very strong case that he's the better keeper right now. Would Cech want to be the back-up too?

How surprising of you to just jump in with comments like that...

I'm inclined to agree with you on Courtois being our No.1 keeper but even if we are to go down that road, I don't see why Cech has to be discarded just like that. Like I said previously, maybe it's just a wishful or foolish thinking, but I don't think there would be too much of a problem to have both Cech and Courtois in the same team for next (one) season at the very least. Obviously, I don't think Cech would be too happy all of a sudden if he's to play second fiddle but it happened before him and Cudicini when Mourinho first arrived in 2004 and I would like to think Mourinho would be able to persuade Cech to stay for another season at least, assuming if this all will happen, because I don't think he's just gonna sell Cech off like that.

No doubt Courtois is talented and has proved his quality to deserve a shot on being first choice but he too would have to fight for his place here and making that No.1 spot his own. Moreover, think we all would feel safer assuming if Courtois is to be our No.1 and then having the safe hands of Cech as back-up. Some might argue that we should cash-in on Cech and have Schwarzer as the No.2 but not too sure how long more he wants to be playing. Even if he still want or can do so, it will probably only be 1-2 years and after that, we would have to find an experienced head from somewhere to be backup..