Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

I suppose it would be unfair of me to expect Drogba and Malouda to bother to interfere. Their Chelsea careers are just about over. They owe it to us as fans, yes, hell, they owe it to themselves, but at least they try on the pitch. At least they work hard to earn a first team place and realise and accept that their first team career is nearly over, instead of bitching about it and sacking managers.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the foreign lot, Drogba's mob, were involved. IMO it was entirely the English crew, minus John Terry.

But Drogba et al are nearly as bad as them, they're enablers, they stand by and watch it happen and never put a stop to it.

The one ray of light from this is that the younger/new players steered well clear of it. Torres, Mata, Romeu, Ramires, David Luiz, Lukaku, even Kalou, etc. would not have gotten involved in this shit and had they had more influence would surely have nipped it in the bud.

The English mob minus Cahill then too. Who does it leave? Only Lampard, Cole, Bertrand and Sturridge. AVB is the first one to give Danny his big breakthrough and I doubt he was in it, he is one of the young uns who doesn't have any power (so is Bertrand). AVB stuck through with Terry in this race row, so I have a feeling AVB had the backing of JT, although I'm not entirely sure - he's been quiet in the press for obvious reasons, but who knows what happened behind closed doors. That's too few players in the "English mob", Malouda was definitely in there as well... and probably Mikel.

Although that's all just speculation. There's no way of knowing.

I was a supporter when we almost went down to the old 3rd division but have rarely felt as bad about MY club as I do today

That's your true, honest, feeling.. and I respect that! ... But I get so wound up when people start blaming players like Lampard, Terry and Cole for sacking the manager because of some ridiculus misunderstanding... and then suddenly, they're saying bad things about them, like "fuck off out of our club" ... Some people have forgotten that these were the players who gave us the glory days... silverware... happiness... domination!

I'll never forget those happy moments when I was a Chelsea fan, and for that, I give them respect, not hatred!

Lampard and Cole were the biggest culprits I would think. Drogba probably never actively protested against AVB but like capriccoso said he never tried to stop it either. I can see Malouda being a really bad seed behind the scenes. And I don't think JT and Cech were involved.

These are just guesses. No one really knows what happened. Just my guess. But I think Lampard was defo involved

That's your true, honest, feeling.. and I respect that! ... But I get so wound up when people start blaming players like Lampard, Terry and Cole for sacking the manager because of some ridiculus misunderstanding... and then suddenly, they're saying bad things about them, like "fuck off out of our club" ... Some people have forgotten that these were the players who gave us the glory days... silverware... happiness... domination!

I'll never forget those happy moments when I was a Chelsea fan, and for that, I give them respect, not hatred!

But how long are we gonna live on those days?.....How far worse is Liverfail, with the history BS...WTH have our so called legends played all season, they are suppose to still be giving us, not saying that they dont deserve respect, god damnit we have stuck with them through the different managers....If they cant continue giving us, they should leave thats all and not play like crap to soil their legendary status..

The English mob minus Cahill then too. Who does it leave? Only Lampard, Cole and Sturridge. AVB is the first one to give Danny his big breakthrough and I doubt he was in it, he is one of the young uns who doesn't have any power. AVB stuck through with Terry in this race row, so I have a feeling AVB had the backing of JT, although I'm not entirely sure - he's been quiet in the press for obvious reasons, but who knows what happened behind closed doors. That's too few players in the "English mob", Malouda was definitely in there as well... and probably Mikel.

We can solve the question easily. Any who publicly agitated, or showed via body language on the bench, that they were angry at being dropped, were most likely involved in the coup. Drogba had been relegated to the bench as early as the February 11, so thats him out. Essien hasn't played in ages and probably appreciates a little extra caring towards his knees. Not sure about Malouda, and I doubt Mikel has any power at all. Kalou's been on the bench for his entire life, and he's not very powerful either. Cech shouldn't have a problem at all, he's gotten good minutes. I would consider Hilario, but imagining him having any influence at all is laughable. We can rule out Bosingwa and Meirieles, the latter probably hasn't built any power and the former was AVB's favourite. One dark horse we haven't considered is Paolo Ferreira, but he's been out for several years now. That leaves us with Ivanovic, who's started fairly often.

In summary, Malouda is the only one who gets out of that lot without an excuse. He could have joined forces with Lampard/Cole. There are slight, very slight chances JT could have gotten involved, but that depends on how matey he is with Lampard and Cole, and if he's really going to sack a manager for one of his mates- he wasn't involved in the Scolari Revolution despite Drogba, his friend, being the pissed-off-benched-player in chief.

AVB was a breath of fresh air. The first one to publicly mention the "project", which was clearly rebuilding the squad, thinking of the future and being brutally honest in the media. Just yesterday I read this bit in the Guardian:

"I know that, in the Abramovich era, we have the worst results but I think I have felt the confidence from the owner. Let's see if he wants a change in the club or not. The pattern of behaviour of the owner has led to a downfall [of managers] in similar situations, or even 'better' situations. What will be his reaction? It will be one of two: either a continuation of the project and full support from above; or a continuation of the cultural pattern that has happened before. We don't know. We don't know if it'll be tomorrow or in two years from now. It'll depend on what is the understanding of what is happening at the moment."

http://www.guardian....ack?INTCMP=SRCH

The thing is that in a few years I'll have a hard time remembering him, once we will have had 3 more managers after him. Even now I sometimes forget to name Scolari or Hiddink, then I think to myself "oh yeah, I think I saw them for a moment, went by quick as a flash".

Sounds like everyone supports AVB and hope he does well wherever he goes, while you now want us to fail.

Don't know why? AVB did nothing good for this club.(Although he didn't have much time) but in the time he had, we've been poor, not getting results, he lost respect from players, a good manager would be able to resolve the situation and get that respect back and create good team chemistry.

People want AVB to succeed because he deserves nothing less. And it's not that people want us to fail, it's that a shit spell would do this club and a lot of it's fans a world of good. It would put things in to perspective, and it's off the back of situations like this that the club could learn some valuable lessons.

AVB did "nothing" for this club because he was given just over half a season. There's a saying, I'm sure you're aware of it, "Rome wasn't built in a day" the football world would do well to think about that. The second half of last season hinted that these players were heading over the hill and AVBs time here proved it. So why, once again, have the board decided to pander to player power and ship out the boss? He should of been given at least two seasons. Time to come in on his first and asses the situation, then try and work with what he had and improve the team slightly (see the signings he made e.g. Mata) Then do what needed done in the summer be it an overhaul or whatever. Further strengthen in winter and see where we are at the end of season two. If at the end we're worse than we were before, then get rid of him. But nah, that's not how this club operates. Instant success, no? There's the door...

Don't feel sorry for him, he is going to find a new club a become a great manager whilst we will probably be playing Europa league for the next few seasons. I feel sorry for us.

Probably knock us out of the Europa/Champs League as well