Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was his own fault, what do you expect if you don't buy any players?

How do you know it was AVB who instructed the club not to sign anyone? I can imagine him already "please Mr. Roman don't sign any new hungry players, I like those old rebelling pieces of shits and I believe we will win all the trophies with their tired legs." I can't repeat this enough - we had good and correct targets, it's just that our tie-wearing dinosaur-resembling geniuses couldn't pull any of them off (except for Mata and the revolutionary deals of Meireles and Cahill).

The reality is that it's ALL a consequence of stupid club policy. The things AVB had to deal with and his sacking was a symptom, and he needed more time to cure it... and most importantly - the fucking board need to get their heads checked first.

Back to square one. What is the point? We spend a world record fee to get him out of his contract at Porto, we are unable to sign all of the targets we identified in the Summer (most importantly, Modric) and everyone is shocked when we do poorly. Despite Ancelotti doing poorly last season with practically the same squad. So either Ancelotti and AVB are the shits or the players aren't up to it, personally I think it is the latter.

Now, before a crucial few games against Birmingham, Napoli and other Premier League games to secure 4th place, we have a new manager in charge, former West Brom manager Roberto Di Matteo, who has been working with the squad all season anyway.

I think its generally accepted that this is a transition period, sure results were worse than expected but then our squad is the worst it has ever been since Roman came to the club. So now what? We forget about AVB's best laid plans, his signings and the players who he had faith in (Mata, Meireles, Romeu, Luiz ect.) are now in limbo and for the rest of the season we get to see Di Matteo try to drag something out of an old guard that has declined at superhuman rate.

AVB seemed to have a plan for the future. His constant talk of the 3 year plan, his outlining of transfer targets on Portuguese radio only this past week all sounded encouraging. Now those are gone, we have to find a new manager, who will have to get used to the squad again, who will need time to evaluate the players he has at his disposal, with the club being run like this is at any wonder Malouda, Kalou, Mikel and to a lesser extent Lampard, Essien and Drogba have survived so long, it is shocking.

It reads like a comedy sketch, it played out like a comedy sketch.

I'm sorry for AVB. :( He had plans for the future and he said at the start of the season that he needs time and everybody was ok with that. Now they let him go. Seriously, I think our 'legends' had some sort of an impact upon this decision.

How do you know it was AVB who instructed the club not to sign anyone? I can imagine him already "please Mr. Roman don't sign any new hungry players, I like those old rebelling pieces of shits and I believe we will win all the trophies with their tired legs." I can't repeat this enough - we had good and correct targets, it's just that our tie-wearing dinosaur-resembling geniuses couldn't pull any of them off (except for Mata and the revolutionary deals of Meireles and Cahill).

And seeing how that January before Jose got sacked the issue he and Roman had then was he wanted to sign players and got told pretty much no or something along those lines...dont think it was so much AVB idea

Surely it comes to Benitez or Mourinho?

We'e a fuckin laughing stock

it's cost £28m to sack Ancelotti and appoint AVB. For £28m less, we could have just stuck faith with Ancelotti, Now we will pay out yet more money in compensation to AVB.

There are clubs on the brink of going out of business in this game and yet Chelsea are spunking all this money away on managers simply because Roman gets twitchy and presses the panic button.Pathetic.

His poor man management skills cost him. His treatment of certain players has lead to a large percentage of the team not playing for him.

104 shorts Days 18 Hours 17 Minutes 16 Seconds at the job and AVB has ruthlessly faced the axe.His 39-game reign cost over £1m a match.

Their disgraceful reactions came from being dropped initially. The media constantly backed Lampard saying "I can't understand why he isn't playing", Lampard saw that and just believed their farcical arse-lickery. The media fed a lot of their egos and the players blindly accepted. The AVB witch-hunt was enduring, but he didn't back down for a long time. I commend him whole heatedly here, the egos can't play forever - they need a dose of reality and AVB instilled that.

But now, the board have f****d it all up. The players have beaten a good man while he was down and the board have given these aging, uncreative players an upper hand yet again. When will the players take responsibility for their mistakes? how can AVB manage a team which virtually coerce him into the starting them? How can AVB help Torres score a goal when Xavi and Iniesta couldn't? I've been behind Torres for a long time but I don't know why, we don't want to see anyone fail and I still don't - but if we look at the logistics, we'll see that Torres's acquisition effectively ended our interest in buying Aguero. Infact if Benitiz does join I'll be angry beyond words, the only reason for Abramovich to appoint him is to get the 50 million man scoring. At least AVB had his connections with Porto, where Hulk seemed to be eager to join. Where does that leave the Hulk proposition. Moreover, will we still be going for Lucas and Hazard? Or are we going to get a manager who'll settle for second tier? This cycle is ruthless and by no means beneficial to Chelsea football club.

I want to say "Thank you, AVB!" You were the first coach since Mou who had the guts to say what you thought. You were the first one to resist the players. You were the first one who was thinking about a long-term project. You were our hope! I wish you all the best, hope you'll find a club that stands truly behind you and respects you whenever it can!

THANK yOU!

I want to fly to London right now, and slide in on Lampard 2 footed from behind with 12 inch long steel studs. Fuck off you cunt, you are no longer a Chelsea legend, in my eyes, you're just a piece of shit who's outlived his usefulness.

The reality is that it's ALL a consequence of stupid club policy. The things AVB had to deal with and his sacking was a symptom, and he needed more time to cure it... and most importantly - the fucking board need to get their heads checked first.

Good point!, but we don't even know that, but i didn't hear of anything by AVB, fighting for it, if your a manger in there you should easily convince the board to get new players, I MEAN LOOK AT THE FUCKIN PLAYERS FOR CHRISTS SAKE!, i don't think we can keep holding excuses of this, if it's true then Ron Gourlay can fuck off.

I am truly sorry for AVB. He had players who didn't give a damn about winning games, the club nor the manager. This player power bullshit is pissing me off, enough is enough. I'll be honest, I'd be glad to see the likes of Lampard, Drogba, Bosingwa, Kalou, Mikel, Meireles, Malouda, Torres etc go, get new, fresh, hungry players in who are picked by the new manager. This decision is even more baffling than sacking of Ancelotti who won us the double. We're dealing with a case of bunch of players who don't care and can't play football at the Chelsea level anymore and board who has a quick trigger finger and blind-folds on. How come they can't see its the players who are underperforming. Sad, we need major changes now.. can't imagine if we'll miss out of Champions League places.. Keep the blue flag flying high

This really is depressing. People as genuine and friendly as Carlo Ancelotti and Andre Villas Boas are horribly mistreated and arrogant, self-centred wankers like Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole are allowed to do what they want.

Why should I go to support the team on Saturday? They show us fans no respect or the club or the manager.

Roman is living in some kind of fantasy world, he must think footballers are like property, that they appreciate and are worth more as they age. He can't figure out that thats not the case, as far as he's concerned, he's invested 400 million and the players cannot be declining.