Edinson Cavani

CFC58

MANCHESTER CITY are ready to go head-to-head with deadly rivals United in the £25.5million chase for Borussia Dortmund star Robert Lewandowski.

with wages of around £200,000 a week

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4970646/Robert-Lewandowski-wanted-by-Man-City-AND-Man-Utd.html#ixzz2WNyxH1xw

edit: oups wrong thread

It's not our money. Signing Torres didn't set us back. Shevchenko didn't set us back. And people seem to completely be misunderstanding how FFP works. There's no reason why this deal shouldn't go through or, possibly, hasn't gone through already.

Who said anything about setting us back? It's not about that either! When we signed Shevchenko, the whole world knew Chelsea can be milked of any money, all the other clubs had to do was quote the price and we would just pay it without any negotiations. That's why paid stupid amounts for players like SWP. It's about setting precedence. We will looked down as a club which can be tamed any which way to extract money. We will be a club with no backbone.

Id actually prefer Lukaku to be given the chance of leading our team.....

He will surely do well and loves the club.

Cavani is not the be all and end all of all things chelsea.... He is just someone who happens to be available this season, for a horrendous price.

I say give Lukaku the chance. I know he will own everyone and become a legend.

I want us to develop talent and make superstars. Lukaku IMO is our first and most promising prospect to do that, If we buy Cavani then whats the point.

Ronaldo is worth £80m? Based on what? Bullshit that we read in the paper? Torres, Ronaldo and Kaka were impulse buys by their clubs and these should NOT be used as guide on what others are worth.

By your reckoning, Ibrahimovich is worth around £60m? Negredo around £40m?

If he was up for sale now PSG, Anzhi, Monaco and others would be prepare to pay that. Are you saying he wasn't worth that when madrid bought him and still haven't all this time? trololololololololololololol. So scoring a goal every game on average is not good enough for that. :D

It's not our money. Signing Torres didn't set us back. Shevchenko didn't set us back. And people seem to completely be misunderstanding how FFP works. There's no reason why this deal shouldn't go through or, possibly, hasn't gone through already.

Agree.

Who said anything about setting us back? It's not about that either! When we signed Shevchenko, the whole world knew Chelsea can be milked of any money, all the other clubs had to do was quote the price and we would just pay it without any negotiations. That's why paid stupid amounts for players like SWP. It's about setting precedence. We will looked down as a club which can be tamed any which way to extract money. We will be a club with no backbone.

Club with no backbone? Look at Arsenal. And what about city? It's about getting the best to compete against the best.

Agree.

Club with no backbone? Look at Arsenal. And what about city? It's about getting the best to compete against the best.

Why do i look at Arsenal? Did i say we shouldn't spend anything? If Cavani is available for 35- 40 million euros, i will be all over the place to sign him.

And i would rather follow a model of a big successful CL winner club model rather than City.

Why do i look at Arsenal? Did i say we shouldn't spend anything? If Cavani is available for 35- 40 million euros, i will be all over the place to sign him.

And i would rather follow a model of a big successful CL winner club model rather than City.

All I'm saying is that we are not a club without a backbone. We have some of the best talent. And to be a top team we need to spend the money. I mention Arsenal cause their transfers are like a club with no backbone when we are the opposite. Cavani is worth the buyout clause, and if he can help win us competitions like the CL or League then he will be worth every amount.

And i would rather follow a model of a big successful CL winner club

But that's exactly what we are..... anyway we don't need to 'follow' any clubs. We're a leading club.

All I'm saying is that we are not a club without a backbone. We have some of the best talent. And to be a top team we need to spend the money. I mention Arsenal cause their transfers are like a club with no backbone when we are the opposite. Cavani is worth the buyout clause, and if he can help win us competitions like the CL or League then he will be worth every amount.

I agree with your statement except one line. Not saying that Cavani is a bad player or is not worthy but i would want Napoli to bend over for a club like Chelsea rather than it being the other way around. We both want the best for our club and there is no denying that Cavani is world class.

But that's exactly what we are..... anyway we don't need to 'follow' any clubs. We're a leading club.

Yes ofcourse, what i wanted to say that City should not be considered a benchmark for anything. Let them do what they do, we are much bigger club and doesn't have to think about City.

Man City's squad>Chelsea's squad atm so take your blue tint glasses off. It is not a coincidence that they beat us continuously two seasons in a role every time head to head. Now if they get Isco and Cavani, then we will not be able to compete with them for many years seeing they got a great manager now instead of an idiot. Anyway, back to topic on Cavani.

Man City's squad>Chelsea's squad atm so take your blue tint glasses off. It is not a coincidence that they beat us continuously two seasons in a role every time head to head. Now if they get Isco and Cavani, then we will not be able to compete with them for many years seeing they got a great manager now instead of an idiot. Anyway, back to topic on Cavani.

I really do not know what you are trying to achieve around here of late, it seems as if someone has a black cat yours is blacker and if they have been Tenerife you have been to Elevenerife.

Fuck Man City, Fuck their signings and fuck anything they stand for, they would give their left arms to win what we have in the last god knows how many years, and it makes me laugh that it's funny season and a lot of people get their thongs in a twist because we haven't signed anyone in what.......three days?

Last season we won the EL after a season of up's and downs like a Prostitutes arse and City won fuck all.......Jesus we even had Torres, Benayoun and Turnbull FFS and we still won more than them.

Yes back to Cavani and fuck City.

MANCHESTER CITY are ready to go head-to-head with deadly rivals United in the £25.5million chase for Borussia Dortmund star Robert Lewandowski.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4970646/Robert-Lewandowski-wanted-by-Man-City-AND-Man-Utd.html#ixzz2WNyxH1xw

edit: oups wrong thread

Another source : http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/5974?cc=4716

Apparently City also ruled out Cavani bid, and turned their attention to Lewandowski. Strangely, there are no further news of Madrid bid for Cavani also.

Seems like in the end, everybody will stay. We stick with Torres, Lukaku, Ba. City with Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko. Madrid with Benzema and Suarez. Cavani staying at Napoli. Lewandowski forced to stay. Everybody happy :)

(At least we still have Marin)

I really do not know what you are trying to achieve around here of late, it seems as if someone has a black cat yours is blacker and if they have been Tenerife you have been to Elevenerife.

Fuck Man City, Fuck their signings and fuck anything they stand for, they would give their left arms to win what we have in the last god knows how many years, and it makes me laugh that it's funny season and a lot of people get their thongs in a twist because we haven't signed anyone in what.......three days?

Last season we won the EL after a season of up's and downs like a Prostitutes arse and City won fuck all.......Jesus we even had Torres, Benayoun and Turnbull FFS and we still won more than them.

Yes back to Cavani and fuck City.

Agreed we won the EL by beating the like of mighty...Basel and Benfica. Who would probably get raped 6-0 if we were Barcelona and maybe even more if we were Bayern. Like I said, City haven't achieved their potential because they had an idiot in charge, now they actually have a very smart manager. They only lost the final to Wigan because of the players didn't want to play for Mancini anymore. I am not trying to achieve anything, I am suggesting you and many other members here take their blue tint glasses off and stop thinking we are the greatest team in the world or that Cavani is a overpriced player who we won't need.

Seems like in the end, everybody will stay. We stick with Torres, Lukaku, Ba. City with Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko. Madrid with Benzema and Suarez. Cavani staying at Napoli. Lewandowski forced to stay. Everybody happy :)

Everybody happy? Ha. City still have a very intimidating strike force, Madrid just improved thiers and we still have Lukaku,Torres and Ba.. That doesnt put a smile on my face.

Everybody happy? Ha. City still have a very intimidating strike force, Madrid just improved thiers and we still have Lukaku,Torres and Ba.. That doesnt put a smile on my face.

At least Jose the happy one.

Agreed we won the EL by beating the like of mighty...Basel and Benfica. Who would probably get raped 6-0 if we were Barcelona and maybe even more if we were Bayern. Like I said, City haven't achieved their potential because they had an idiot in charge, now they actually have a very smart manager. They only lost the final to Wigan because of the players didn't want to play for Mancini anymore. I am not trying to achieve anything, I am suggesting you and many other members here take their blue tint glasses off and stop thinking we are the greatest team in the world or that Cavani is a overpriced player who we won't need.

You can only beat what is put in front of you, right? And we did so, because that is what Chelsea represents, we fight for anything worth fighting for and that's the difference between us and a lot of other teams who under estimate team and trophies because they think it's beneath them. as for your take on the Wigan issue....do me a favour they under-estimated Wigan big time, no ifs or buts and got what they deserved.

Nobody said as far as I can see that we are the greatest team in the world, far from it, but in terms of what we have achieved to what Man City have it's time for them to crack on, as we have already done so.

How about the midfield? You can still add Hazard, Mata & Oscar as part of our "strike force". When you compare that with most midfields in the world, we certainly come out on top. And with such an attacking force you don't need 3-4 big names operating as a striker, just one who can plant the chances they'll get.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You