• Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

ZERO chance, less than zero, we sell Jorginho + Barkley for only a combined £54m

have you see the prices that Marina has demanded for players? have you seen the offers she has turned down for players?

hell if Juve came in and Monday said £54m for Jorginho, I bet she would semi dig in her heels and try and go for £6 to 8m more

I know. Very conservative figures of 40m€ and 20m € for jorginho and Barkley. 

Just to clear the point that it's very doable.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

this is what we are looking at in terms of sales

£500-550m or so (it dicey to say exactly) worth of players here en toto (pre-COVID valuations are more when you count every single one listed) but obviously not all can be sold in one window

We need to sell (so much dregs , my head spins every time)

Álvaro Morata (Done, great business)
Mario Pasalic (Done, and yes, we got hosed for around £15m, but we had no guarantees at the time, I am not that upset)
Andreas Christensen (he has GOT to go and be upgraded upon, I would prefer both he and Zouma be sold, but that is probably not happening in one window unless we get 2 incredible buy deals tossed into our laps, which is so unlikely) I just do not see what Lamps sees in our 4 main CB's, they (and Kepa) make my tummy churn every game. Even Alonso has not done that for ages (I have been happy with his pay overall, except for that West Ham choke, arrrrffff).
Ross Barkley (if we can get say £30m, even 35m (he is English and is only 26 and is in his prime) for him, he will never be worth more (well COVID maybe lowers that a bit, but not much) plus Bayer failed to get CL then a Barks sale plus Havertz buy is only around £45-55m or so net spend)
Tiemoué Bakayoko  
Emerson
Michy Batshuayi
Davide Zappacosta
Danny Drinkwater  (SMDH)
Jorginho 
 (Juve need to cough up serious cash or work a swap deal involving de Ligt for Jorgi plus cash or maybe Emerson as I rate those 2 as being worth £70-80m-ish, although that is probably an pipe dream now that he has rebounded a bit the last 6 months)
Abdul Rahman Baba
Victor Moses    
Kenedy   
Marco van Ginkel
Juan Familia-Castillo
 (as Ajax did not exercise their option to buy, or keep him and see if he can ever be a decent LB, which looks doubtful atm, based off my watching him in Holland)
Nathan   
Charly Musonda Jr.    
Danilo Pantic  
Matt Miazga    
Lewis Baker   
Jamal Blackman
Lucas Piazón 
Jake Clarke-Salter
Izzy Brown
Josh Grant    
Richard Nartey (released)
Luke McCormick    
Jacob Maddox   

We could sell 

Kepa    (not likely, especially due to crazy wages for the next 5 years and his £72m transfer fee, ie. how much are we willing to lose of that overall)
Zouma (sorry, he is shit too)
Marcos Alonso (only if we buy two LB's which is not likely this window, I am oki with him as a the backup as he is curve ball option in certain types of games)   
N'Golo Kanté    
(only way I see him being sold is if we get Rice and a really HIGH offer comes in. Here is a reality check either way: he is injured far too often and his value has already plummeted and truly will plummet after this summer. It is complicated, and made further complicated by the fact he is NOWHERE near WC as an RMF in a 3 man MF, he simply is not that great there, other than an odd game here and there, Lampard jacked up the team forcing him back in too early)
Olivier Giroud    (I would keep him)
Rudiger  (very unlikely, especially as he is helping recruit these German players, plus I expect him to rebound, go back to a higher level of play, I know many hate him, but it is what it is and I have faith he screws his head on tight next year)

Leave on a free

Willian   (unless he renews for 2 years, which he still says no way to)
Pedro  

Wow so many players in the first list who are shite 😳 

That's the legacy of so many managers over the past 10 years.

We need some stability now and let SFL trim it down and clear the dead wood.

I cannot recall when I have been more nervous before a game in the past few years
so much (long term, not just short) riding on this
a massive boost to our bottom line (and thus transfers)

I dont even feel much pressure. 2 games have to go the other way. Leicester beating United is unlikely

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I dont even feel much pressure. 2 games have to go the other way. Leicester beating United is unlikely

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I so do not trust other teams

look at the last day of the Championship for instance

utter madness ran riot all over

11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

When have I said it before? 

On Thursday...

On 7/23/2020 at 10:15 PM, King Kante said:

I really think we are going to lose this one. Wolves as a match up are an absolute nightmare for us as they have: 

1) Jota, Traore and Jimenez who are great at springing the counter.

2) A back 3 that are very good at playing the low block

3) Neves and Moutinho standing over set pieces.

On top of this, they have had a week off and they need to win to ensure they do not have to play Ropey League qualifying. At this point I reckon we need a Utd win. 

Before anyone says it, the 5-3 win early in the season came at a time Wolves were completely shagged out from playing Rooey League qualifying all Summer. People need to remember they started the season with 3/4 points out of 18. If they hadn't been in the Ropey League I am certain they would've qualified for the CL this year. 

I get the feeling that Wolves won't set up in their usual counter attacking way here. They have nothing to lose and can play with freedom. I expect to see them press us relentlessly from minute 1 knowing they can exploit our defense and CM. with the mammoth pressure on our players Wolves may feel like if they really get at us we may crumble. And honestly, they may be right.

Thats why WE have to be the ones asserting ourselves on them. We need our boys to treat this like a CL final and play like monsters.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I get the feeling that Wolves won't set up in their usual counter attacking way here. They have nothing to lose and can play with freedom. I expect to see them press us relentlessly from minute 1 knowing they can exploit our defense and CM. with the mammoth pressure on our players Wolves may feel like if they really get at us we may crumble. And honestly, they may be right.

Thats why WE have to be the ones asserting ourselves on them. We need our boys to treat this like a CL final and play like monsters.

Wolves have nothing to lose? You do realize that they need a result to qualify for the Europa League, right?

Bit nervous to be fair, but at the same time I am confident we'll get the job done. Wish Leicester dumps Manure out of CL football, deluded Mancs would go from hero to zero in the span of just a couple of weeks, from the next dominant force in European football, led by that overrated diver Bruno Fernandez, to Europa League. Don't think it is going to happen though, Leicester seem to have ran out of steam and have no support in the stands, but it would be fun.

58 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Bit nervous to be fair, but at the same time I am confident we'll get the job done. Wish Leicester dumps Manure out of CL football, deluded Mancs would go from hero to zero in the span of just a couple of weeks, from the next dominant force in European football, led by that overrated diver Bruno Fernandez, to Europa League. Don't think it is going to happen though, Leicester seem to have ran out of steam and have no support in the stands, but it would be fun.

Wouldnt that be good huh, but utd need a single point like us so I dont see them go all out attack mode.