Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Did ok in a three and loved that tackle on Arteta ,transition still could be quicker in my opinion . In a two he will struggle though .

Did ok in a three and loved that tackle on Arteta

Did ok

Did ok

kevin-hart-stare-o.gif

Is that you?

Seems to play to managers instruction hence the trust by Jose. I sat behind our bench and Jose kept nodding whenever Mikel took a position and looked at him for approval. There was a plan for Mikel to distract Shezney at set pieces which didn't work cos he was caught out at 1st attempt but he was always in their box anytime we had a set piece. Did well to keep Ozil quiet and in his general play.

When we need to play for a draw or look to defend a lead then I think Jose should definitely play Mikel but if we are against bottom half sides then its best for him to be on the bench.

Happy with his performance,showed exactly what he's capable of in such kind of games.I don't know when he'll start next but he must start against City at the Etihad.

Yeah he was very good defensively; had the most interceptions and tackles but more importantly made some vital clearances, but offensively I thought his passing should have been better. Still, good to see him in good form in the past three games. We will need that form to continue against Liverpool.

We became much more vulnerable once he came on for Lampard. Lost Sakho on the set piece where he hit the crossbar, gave away needless fouls in dangerous positions, lost the ball in dangerous positions.

i only thought we became more vulnerable when cole came on.

We became much more vulnerable once he came on for Lampard. Lost Sakho on the set piece where he hit the crossbar, gave away needless fouls in dangerous positions, lost the ball in dangerous positions.

Fact. Luiz the latest partner to suffer when Mikel just sits and lets his partner do all the work the diffrenece between Luiz in two halves was graphic .

95% pass success rate no doubt ,even with the flu everything was backwards and yes Sakho was the latest player he lost while ball watching .

Mikel was very solid today, did pretty well in protecting the back four and also played a hand in Willian's goal with a nice forward pass to Oscar.

We looked very good going forward today and I think Mikel having a decent game played a role in that.

Contrary to what the doubters predicted at the beginning of the season, he is highly rated by JM. Finally JM's CFC is shaping up. For a high tempo attacking game: Ramires, Luiz and Lampard; for a cautious defensive Obi will be there. Torres stilll our best striker, you cant trust Ba and Etoo consistently: Likely to leave: Mata, Cole, Ba, KDB and Essien.

Mikel was very solid today, did pretty well in protecting the back four and also played a hand in Willian's goal with a nice forward pass to Oscar.

We looked very good going forward today and I think Mikel having a decent game played a role in that.

Agree with the first (good defensively), but not with the second point. His contribution in attack was pretty mediocre as usual. A particular ridiculous play was when he attempted a long ball to Torres - nowhere near the target.

Thought he was excellent today, along with Ramires. Not sure if it's 100% true but I just read on Twitter that Frank is out for a month. If that's true, we're going to need to continue with the good form he is currently in.

Contrary to what the doubters predicted at the beginning of the season, he is highly rated by JM. Finally JM's CFC is shaping up. For a high tempo attacking game: Ramires, Luiz and Lampard; for a cautious defensive Obi will be there. Torres stilll our best striker, you cant trust Ba and Etoo consistently: Likely to leave: Mata, Cole, Ba, KDB and Essien.

This is pretty much spot on. Summed up every thing perfectly.