test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Hakim Ziyech

Started by Jason,

100 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Ajax also brilliant handling of it on social media too.

If I am Ajax fan I would be upset. Small club mentality by Ajax admin here.

nyikolajevics and Vesper like this

I see he had numbers 22 and 10 at Ajax. Hmm, that rings a bell :ph34r: Fingers crossed he takes the 10 straight away :ph34r:

DDA and NikkiCFC like this

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

That is utter madness. He would cost £80m if he played for a PL club.

more if he was called James Maddison.

Good player for a great price, good luck to him and hope he kicks the ground running.

8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Just a bit worried if he'll need a period of adaptation which at the age he's at he can't really be afforded because the physicality of the Premier League will probably come as a culture shock.

Having said that from what I've seen of him, and also what I've heard about him, he's a hard worker too and prepared to press and run, not just pleasant on the eye. A left footed attacker is also a big plus, allowing for more variation and options for Lampard moving forward.

I think whichever way you look at this though, a player who has torn up his league the last couple of seasons and played very well in Europe too, to be able to pick up for not much over £30m represents excellent value for business.

It also emphasises the transfer signings we've made since the summer of 2018, that we are focusing on players who will suit a more expansive, attacking mentality to the one previously used by the club.

He 26 not 30, he can be allowed a few months to get ready. But he has enough time to prepare physically and mentally already.

He just can not afford to lose any pace cos he is already not the quickest. Not as bad as Mata who had ok acceleration but horrible end speed, Ziyech has longer legs. I also score him a few of those typical winger goals where he dribbles along the ride and then cuts inside, so he might be able to perform classic wing play as well as playing those awesom ecrossfield goals he is known for.

delighted by this move,classy player that will get bums off seats.and a fookin` bargain in todays market.

abit of a shame that Ajax couldn`t keep the squad together to really return to the big time. spent a lot of time in Amsterdam in my younger days so have abit of a soft spot for them,but of course if they gonna break up that squad,rather them come to us that go elsewhere..got a feeling he won`t be the last Ajax player joining us. Van de Beek would be nice..  

I see ScoutNation just posted a nice long montage of him. His left foot truly is outrageous. And the great thing about him being left footed is that he can easily be switched to the opposite flank at any time if the opponent requires it.

Reece James + Ziyech on one side and (hopefully) Chilwell + Pulisic/CHO on the other. Oh my! Those overlaps would be quite possibly best in Europe.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Calmed down already, aye? :lol: 

Not like I have another way :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

I see ScoutNation just posted a nice long montage of him. His left foot truly is outrageous. And the great thing about him being left footed is that he can easily be switched to the opposite flank at any time if the opponent requires it.

Reece James + Ziyech on one side and (hopefully) Chilwell + Pulisic/CHO on the other. Oh my! Those overlaps would be quite possibly best in Europe.

No, Alaba + Sancho on the other. We will destroy football.

Alabama and Nicco like this

Re-watched the various YouTube highlight reels of Ziyech a couple hundred times. 

What a player.

What a transfer.

What a time to be alive. 

kellzfresh likes this

Where does this leave Pulisic? a player i rate very highly, i don't want to see him discarded.

Also for that matter what about Mount, i rate him also, probably needs at least next season to find his true form.

As for Ziyech i know very little of him other than seeing him in our 2 games against Ajax.

17 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Where does this leave Pulisic? a player i rate very highly, i don't want to see him discarded.

Also for that matter what about Mount, i rate him also, probably needs at least next season to find his true form.

As for Ziyech i know very little of him other than seeing him in our 2 games against Ajax.

Ziyech is brought in to replace Pedro/Willian...

bigbluewillie and Vesper like this

Lampard on Ziyech...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/02/14/frank-lampard-outlines-the-qualities-that-hakim-ziyech-will-brin?cardIndex=0-0

‘I know his qualities,’ said our head coach. ‘He’s a player we hope can bring creativity. He first came to my attention watching him play in Ajax’s Champions League run last year and I thought he was one of their standout players, particularly in the games against Tottenham.’

‘This season, we’ve come up against him twice so I know a lot about him,’ added the boss. ‘He has a great left foot, plays generally off the right-hand side but can play in behind the frontman as well. When you look at us this season, there have been games where we’ve maybe struggled to unlock the door and he’s certainly a player who we hope can bring that bit of creativity.

‘He will be something different for us so we’re excited. I know he’s not coming in now but I think it’s exciting for us as a club and for the fans to know that he’ll be here next year.’

Stats likes this