Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

In Bim, I am considered one of the more quiet normal ones!!!!!!

roflmaoooooooooo

my family there is not just cray, they are EVIL

my auntie Darks, when I was summering in Christchurch when I was six, got mad up at my stray cat pseudo pet

cuz it ate her cutter (a bajan fish sandwich) when she went over to the stan'pipe to get water

so she tied it up to an ackee tree with a rope

and let some stray dogs from down road maul it it to death in front of all us kids

I went turning bewitch and threw my suck-a-bubbi right in her face and she whax-pallaxed me so hard I cant still feel it when I think about it:(

We have got the ball retention bit right for the most part, the way we hold the ball under pressure at times is delightful very little of the panic hoofing under Conte and Jose. I don't even think we are that bad defensively given the circumstances, usually at this stage of an attacking managers tenure the defense looks really bad whereas i think we have been allright with a few bad times, we are light years ahead of Klopp and Pep's defences at the same stage put it that way.

The bits that need big work still are the speed of play and chances created, many times this season I've been screaming speed up at the TV/inside the stadium, there's almost been a 10/11 esque lack of urgency chasing results at times and chances goes without saying, we just simply aren't creating enough and that's down to poor decision making and to tie in with my last point lack of speed of play..

Sarri in my opinion deserves a chance to sort the second paragraph out because in my opinion he's done very well with what i mentioned in the first. When you are struggling for results in the first season under a manager the one question you need to ask is "can i see his plan and what he's trying to do?" and the answer with Sarri is yes.

It's all good saying that we need to back Sarri in the transfer market but you gotta ask, is he giving good reasons for us to do so? I mean, six months into his reign as our manager and we have barely seen the kind of football that he became known for at Napoli. Granted, I'd agree that we have some very average players in the team right now but given that he has had SIX months, shouldn't we be seeing the attacking football, the fluid movement in attacks etc at the very least, even just a tiny bit here and there? We do have some very average players but these are not players from the Conference. They are still decent enough to be playing/executing some kind of attacking football at the very least. But nope, the only major trait we've seen here from Sarri's Napoli side is us dominating possession but very little penetration. There have been times when it felt like Mourinho or Conte was still in charge because the football wasn't very much different at all.

Also, Sarri is so rigid with his formation and player selection for certain position. It's 4-3-3 or nothing. It's Jorginho or Fabregas as the deepest midfielder, it's Kovacic or Barkley or Loftus-Cheek as the left center-midfielder. Hell, Sarri has even thrown Loftus-Cheek out wide just to accommodate Kovacic or Barkley in that midfield role. Even Guardiola - arguably the best manager right now at possession/attacking football - is flexible and adaptable enough to change formation from time to time and switch players around within the formation. With Sarri, it's so rigid that it's becoming probably predictable and easy for opponents to deal with us. It also doesn't help that Sarri has been channeling his inner-Mourinho and persisting with players who's out of form etc. 

And oh, Sarri said after today's game that he doesn't understand why we keep on reacting badly to conceding goals. He's been saying that a lot recently and it's a concern when you keep on hearing your manager say that and no closer to finding out the exact problem...

Just now, Jason said:

It's all good saying that we need to back Sarri in the transfer market but you gotta ask, is he giving good reasons for us to do so? I mean, six months into his reign as our manager and we have barely seen the kind of football that he became known for at Napoli. Granted, I'd agree that we have some very average players in the team right now but given that he has had SIX months, shouldn't we be seeing the attacking football, the fluid movement in attacks etc at the very least, even just a tiny bit here and there? We do have some very average players but these are not players from the Conference. They are still decent enough to be playing/executing some kind of attacking football at the very least. But nope, the only major trait we've seen here from Sarri's Napoli side is us dominating possession but very little penetration. There have been times when it felt like Mourinho or Conte was still in charge because the football wasn't very much different at all.

Also, Sarri is so rigid with his formation and player selection for certain position. It's 4-3-3 or nothing. It's Jorginho or Fabregas as the deepest midfielder, it's Kovacic or Barkley or Loftus-Cheek as the left center-midfielder. Hell, Sarri has even thrown Loftus-Cheek out wide just to accommodate Kovacic or Barkley in that midfield role. Even Guardiola - arguably the best manager right now at possession/attacking football - is flexible and adaptable enough to change formation from time to time and switch players around within the formation. With Sarri, it's so rigid that it's becoming probably predictable and easy for opponents to deal with us. 

And oh, Sarri said after today's game that he doesn't understand why we keep on reacting badly to conceding goals. He's been saying that a lot recently and it's a concern when you keep on hearing your manager say that and no closer to finding out the exact problem...

Honestly, I think the players we have just don't give a fuck.

They sleepwalk through matches. 

There is no pride or passion. Absolutely fuck all from any of them. You get glipses from Azpi, Eden and sometiems Luiz. The rest are a bunch of mercenaries. 

Sarri is not helping the situation mind. Starting Alonso week in, week out is mind boggling but to start Willian over CHO is a fucking disgrace. I don't give a flying fuck if Willian defends better, his first and foremost purpose it to attack which he is hopeless at doing. 

He is making best of the striker situation. We simply don't have one so he can't be blamed for that. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's all good saying that we need to back Sarri in the transfer market but you gotta ask, is he giving good reasons for us to do so? I mean, six months into his reign as our manager and we have barely seen the kind of football that he became known for at Napoli. .

I have basically given an answer to that above.

Just now, Tomo said:

I have basically given an answer to that above.

But we need more than just being defensively sound or being able to keep possession (you're making this sound like a total positive just because Sarri hasn't gone all Brendan Rodgers on us). I'm looking at our attacking plays. Sarri is supposed to improve us on this but have not seen much difference when compared to Conte/Mourinho's reign. And if I'm being cynical, I'd say Sarri is benefiting from the defensive work that Mourinho/Conte instilled in the team, even with the change in formations.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

But we need more than just being defensively sound or being able to keep possession (you're making this sound like a total positive just because Sarri hasn't gone all Brendan Rodgers on us). I'm looking at our attacking plays. Sarri is supposed to improve us on this but have not seen much difference when compared to Conte/Mourinho's reign. And if I'm being cynical, I'd say Sarri is benefiting from the defensive work that Mourinho/Conte instilled in the team, even with the change in formations.

That's the issue our attacking is crap if can't score from it. It hasn't really changed. Odd glimmer then back to normal 

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

Honestly, I think the players we have just don't give a fuck.

They sleepwalk through matches. 

In the last two games, we started well but then went off the boil after that. Prior to those games, we always started slowly but got better after that. Seriously, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?! :rant:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I know we need more but it's still a starting point to what he wants to do, i would say being able to keep possession at this early stage is a positive, how bad were we against high pressing teams under Conte and especially Jose? Now with almost the same players we are playing out comfortably even against City and Liverpool.

He is basically changing the whole playing culture at this club with a broken pre season alongside it, if we are deep into next season with no to little signs of progress then we can panic but he in my opinion he's doing enough to earn the time to build.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

While the manager can really influence defending, attacking and esp scoring is largely down to the quality of the attackers.

sarri has also been complaining about the mentality of the team, like tomo said, lack of urgency at times.

8 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

That's the issue our attacking is crap if can't score from it. It hasn't really changed. Odd glimmer then back to normal 

Look no further when you have Willian Alonso spear heading the attack...it's more than enough reason to have shit attack...am not even including a striker cos we have none at the moment...we are so jackpacked with shit players that don't understand the simple basics of pass and move the fulcrum of Sarri attacking brand of football....we either buy quality striker in January and ship off Willian to an unknown island or try clinical attacking right winger cos as we speak our attack stinks of shit....

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I know we need more but it's still a starting point to what he wants to do, i would say being able to keep possession at this early stage is a positive, how bad were we against high pressing teams under Conte and especially Jose? Now with almost the same players we are playing out comfortably even against City and Liverpool.

He is basically changing the whole playing culture at this club with a broken pre season alongside it, if we are deep into next season with no to little signs of progress then we can panic but he in my opinion he's doing enough to earn the time to build.

Not sure if teaching the players how to keep possession - which mind you, we are still bad at it, as seen after conceding today - is gonna keep a manager in the job if there are more bad results down the line...

2 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

At least one thing is certain: this bloke wont last long if he keeps being so stubborn like his predecessors.

And the way its going, this looks like we are going to watch the hungarian, greek and other giants again next season. 

Way arsenal are going do think we'll finish outside. Unless something changes. He must be able to see we're a bit crap and certain players aren't working for now. So frustrating. If we can all see it.. 

44 minutes ago, DDA said:

Sarri is not helping the situation mind. Starting Alonso week in, week out is mind boggling but to start Willian over CHO is a fucking disgrace. I don't give a flying fuck if Willian defends better, his first and foremost purpose it to attack which he is hopeless at doing.

Forgot to mention this - I know managers will need the players to adapt to their tactics etc but can't help but look over at Arsenal and see Emery willing to play the kids in the cup games and sometimes even the league games while Sarri, like Conte, like Mourinho, hides behind the 'players need to adapt/they are not ready' excuses.