Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

37 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

ADL: 'Sarri too highly-strung'

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis said Maurizio Sarri was “very highly-strung,” especially compared to Carlo Ancelotti, while Sinisa Mihajlovic was “too energetic.”

The patron spoke at a panel set up by Il Corriere di Mezzogiorno and discussed his choice of tacticians.

“I chose Sarri against everyone’s advice. At the time, the city was covered in banners protesting my decision,” insisted ADL.

“He had a way of making himself adored even by the most extreme fringes of the fanbase. He’s an individualist, someone who suffered in the lower leagues on pitches with no grass and the odd stone. He’d also suffer because he tended to be fired after six games.

“Then he had that run from Serie C to Serie A with Empoli and when we lost 4-2 against him, I thought he might be the right man for us.

“I had also wanted Mihajlovic, but he didn’t convince me, as he was too energetic and forced the players to follow him.”

Sarri, now at Chelsea, is famous for his chain-smoking and grumpy demeanour, as well as a fanatical devotion to his work.

“On the other hand, Sarri seemed timid and I discovered he was so dissatisfied with his past (working in finance). For a Communist to base his profession on the evils of money brought him to suffer from a syndrome of dissatisfaction.

“I found Sarri to be very highly-strung. His wife couldn’t even come to the stadium. I used to say to Sarri, who shall we buy? He’d reply that he didn’t want to know anything about it.”

On the other hand, Ancelotti brings a very different vibe to the Stadio San Paolo.

“I’d known Ancelotti for five years, but when we met up, I found a man who was relaxed and content, with a thousand interests you could sit down and talk about, without ever having to discuss football all night.”

De Laurentiis revealed earlier in the panel that he had rejected an offer “worth £95m” for defender Kalidou Koulibaly, believed to be from Manchester United.

He had his own near miss on the transfer market, though.

“I went to Milan in order to talk to Mauro Icardi’s wife. I offered up to €65m, but it didn’t go through. Never mind.”

https://www.football-italia.net/132231/adl-sarri-too-highly-strung

Lol, the dwarf sounds like a jilted ex GF! FFS does he have issues. He is obsessed with Sarri like Eden is with Real Madrid. GRRRRRR

Also, Sarri is a Communist? LOLOL

You would think he would ditch the blue teams for RED ONES!

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Lol, the dwarf sounds like a jilted ex GF! FFS does he have issues. He is obsessed with Sarri like Eden is with Real Madrid. GRRRRRR

Also, Sarri is a Communist? LOLOL

You would think he would ditch the blue teams for RED ONES!

Thats what I've been saying mate. Hes besotted with him.

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I've got zero issues with Sarri, you can see his style and what he wants to happen, the problem being, and the biggest problem is the limited 4-5 we have.

Back him and we will be fine, problem being is we buy middle of the road shit.

That's the problem. Even does decide who he wants it'll either be messed up and faffed round with or just be case of nope next! I can't imagine us having a successful window for him. Going by recent times. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Kovacic was fantastic and you yank him out instead of Jorginho after 60 minutes? The match was lost there.

Kante should have been taken off, he was easily the worst on the pitch. Jorginho is still instrumental in building our attacks from the back. 

With my earlier post, I was not advocating for Sarri to bite the dust.

Just saying it as I see it.

Right now, he seems as much a victim to his 4-3-3 as Conte was to his 3-at-the-back formations. Maybe Laurentiis in all his ramblings had a point after all.

Honestly right now just wish I could fast forward to when Lampard/JT get to the dugout.

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

With my earlier post, I was not advocating for Sarri to bite the dust.

Just saying it as I see it.

Right now, he seems as much a victim to his 4-3-3 as Conte was to his 3-at-the-back formations. Maybe Laurentiis in all his ramblings had a point after all.

Honestly right now just wish I could fast forward to when Lampard/JT get to the dugout.

I love JT but i hope he never becomes manager here.