test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

942 posts in this topic
8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I would say AVBs ultimate downfall is because he did "adapt". As soon as he showed willingness to revert to default mode the players stopped listening and he was done. We could probably park the bus on Saturday and get a smash and grab point or 3 but what would really be the point? We will just end up back in the cycle of pragmatic football that lets be honest is past it's sellby date in todays game.

Nobody is asking Sarri to make a 180 degrees turn on his football but if he can't make minor tactical adjustments to make things work for the time being, then he won't last very long. You know well enough that inflexibility won't get managers far in the Premier League and Sarri is certainly showing that now, with his tactics and team selection. Plus, where is this Sarri-ball that we have heard so much of? Where is the cohesive, combination play in the attacking third? We've barely seen it. Only thing we have gotten from his football so far is more possession and passes but really, what's the point of that when we don't create enough or proper goalscoring chances? It was the same under Conte and Mourinho. And seeing us bossing some of these smaller teams is not really different to what we saw under Conte, Mourinho etc as we tended to dominate those games as well in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Nobody is asking Sarri to make a 180 degrees turn on his football but if he can't make minor tactical adjustments to make things work for the time being, then he won't last very long. You know well enough that inflexibility won't get managers far in the Premier League and Sarri is certainly showing that now, with his tactics and team selection. Plus, where is this Sarri-ball that we have heard so much of? Where is the cohesive, combination play in the attacking third? We've barely seen it. Only thing we have gotten from his football so far is more possession and passes but really, what's the point of that when we don't create enough or proper goalscoring chances? It was the same under Conte and Mourinho. And seeing us bossing some of these smaller teams is not really different to what we saw under Conte, Mourinho etc as we tended to dominate those games as well in the past.

The best football we have played is arguably in Mourinho's first season back. To hell with this philophy crap. Just talent and hard work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vybzkartel said:

The best football we have played is arguably in Mourinho's first season back. To hell with this philophy crap. Just talent and hard work. 

I'm all for playing good football but IMO, we are at our best when we're tough to beat and flexible tactically. It's those qualities that have made us successful over the last 15 years. Maybe we have too many average players now, the manager isn't instilling that never-say-die attitude or maybe we'll get there again but I'm certainly not seeing those qualities right now in the team and it's painful to watch.

Laylabelle likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright guys, I'm going to stick my neck out here. Sarri is not going to last long in this club. His stubbornness and arrogance is going to be his massive downfall. Unless this changes immediately, he's going out.

I mean, tonight before the match started when I saw that line up, I knew we were in trouble. That shows we are predictable. We have the tools to beat Spuds and Wolves and because of his love for certain players, we were unable to get any points from these games.

This whole thing is so predictable, I called it months ago when I said we could be Arsenal 2011. And here we are.

There is absolutely no reason for Sarri to use CHO and Emerson. None. He's giving out BS about CHO not ready for the PL and hinting we are so good, we don't need new players in January. 

Moving on - I want to bring this back up:

On 12/3/2018 at 1:21 PM, manpe said:

We are now truly in transition. 

The result tonight opened my eyes much more to this. No, we are not currently in transition. It feels like we are. It looks like we are, but we are not. We stopped transitioning in August, and it's on hold until January or at least until Sarri wakes the f**k up and starts playing better players.

We are not improving. We are not getting better. We are now stagnated. Morata isn't going to get better. Willian, Alonso, Luiz, Fabregas etc. too. They have reached their limits. They will never improve. The "unbeaten" Sarri has papered over the cracks, and it took a battering from Spuds to wake other Chelsea fans up. The transition continues when Sarri drops the useless players, because those useless players are not part of our future.

Bosnian Blue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another November goes by and it's time to stop watching CFC unless we know that CHO, RLC and EA are getting into the lineup somehow. Eden Hazard's career is going by without top notch player around him --which is something I would argue we lacked during Didier's career too.

Not the least bit surprised. This squad got to 55% of what Maurizio wants over a month or so ago and just cannot go further.

Now it's up to the manager to start making changes. Changes have been due for some weeks IMO. 

And what about Morata? Can't fix that, I think. He should try another league probably.

Oh... and are we in transition? FFS, this club has been in half-ass transition for a decade IMO, never fully transitioning to something and often reversing due to lack of quality and scoring in the squad. This is the fault of leadership at the club's offices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jason said:

The least Azpi brings to the team is defensive stability. He's had some dodgy games at the start of the season but overall, he's been solid and can see why Sarri starts him. People over-exaggerate his supposedly bad form only because of his attacking play. But the other two? Wolves targeted Alonso tonight and got plenty of joy out of it. And Willian's pathetic attempt to keep the ball (if we can call it that) for the second goal sums it all up. But Sarri, for some reason, remains blind to obvious issues.

And willian missed a golden chance to put us 2-0 up from that hazard pass. If that was pedro, we win today. Willian and Alonso have been getting away with it

Sideshow Luiz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, quickpassnmove said:

Another November goes by and it's time to stop watching CFC unless we know that CHO, RLC and EA are getting into the lineup somehow.

Not the least bit surprised. This squad got to 55% of what Maurizio wants over a month or so ago and just cannot go further.

Now it's up to the manager to start making changes. Changes have been due for some weeks IMO. 

And what about Morata? Can't fix that, I think. He should try another league probably.

The winter curse is because we do not rotate well, in Conte's first season and arguably his 2nd we were able to beat it off because he rotated well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

The best football we have played is arguably in Mourinho's first season back. To hell with this philophy crap. Just talent and hard work. 

The first part of 2014/15 season was probably the best football any Mourinho team has ever played. Shame it didn't last very long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, !Hazard! said:

The first part of 2014/15 season was probably the best football any Mourinho team has ever played. Shame it didn't last very long

I would say the 2004/2005 season.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

I would say the 2004/2005 season.

2004/5 team was best Mourinho team, best Chelsea team ever. Fucking Victimpool taking us out in CL was main thing that stopped it from being a top 10, top 15 in world history level team.

Mana and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the 3rd manager on the trot, Mourinho, Conte and now Sarri who keep on playing out of form or shit players over younger, hungrier or better suited players week in, week out. 

Something is seriously fishy going on behind the scenes. These three managers can't all be blind to the obvious. Player payer is real at Chelsea, we know that but whatever is driving the vehicle of lunacy at Chelsea needs to be addressed for us to fullfil our destiny under Roman.

Johnnyeye and manpe like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stubborn manager, keeps playing out of form and shit players while expecting good results, wake up and smell the coffee Sarri, maybe the cigarette smoke is clouding your judgement or else its the Russian roulette for you as we all know it.

mccg and Mana like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This the problem. Same players who aren't performing and yet keep getting played. If not working mix it up a bit what's the worse that can happen? 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Oh... and are we in transition? FFS, this club has been in half-ass transition for a decade IMO, never fully transitioning to something and often reversing due to lack of quality and scoring in the squad. This is the fault of leadership at the club's offices.

I have to say I chuckled at this, because it is true. We have been saying we're in transition at least since 2010, but we have never got anywhere because there has never been any true vision to where we should transition! We bought young attacking talents only to bring in Mourinho, then Conte... Before them Benitez, RDM, AVB - all play very different styles from each other. We then stacked up players for their tactics, and now we bring in the polar opposite manager with what seems minimal support in the market.

Sarri is not blameless. I blamed Mourinho for running a struggling Ivanovic to the ground when there were clearly better alternatives available (FILIPE LUIS !!!!!!!!!). The same with Alonso now, we have an alternative who is worth a shot, being frozen out of the team completely. Alonso was okay for 5 at the back, but in a 4 it's becoming clearer and clearer that he just doesn't cut it.

If one of our academy products put in a performance like Alonso has done lately, he'd be proclaimed "not ready for EPL" and be shipped on loan. Reputation and price tag plays an unbelievable role in Chelsea's player selection, double standards every-fucking-where.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, manpe said:

I have to say I chuckled at this, because it is true. We have been saying we're in transition at least since 2010, but we have never got anywhere because there has never been any true vision to where we should transition! We bought young attacking talents only to bring in Mourinho, then Conte... Before them Benitez, RDM, AVB - all play very different styles from each other. We then stacked up players for their tactics, and now we bring in the polar opposite manager with what seems minimal support in the market.

Sarri is not blameless. I blamed Mourinho for running a struggling Ivanovic to the ground when there were clearly better alternatives available (FILIPE LUIS !!!!!!!!!). The same with Alonso now, we have an alternative who is worth a shot, being frozen out of the team completely. Alonso was okay for 5 at the back, but in a 4 it's becoming clearer and clearer that he just doesn't cut it.

If one of our academy products put in a performance like Alonso has done lately, he'd be proclaimed "not ready for EPL" and be shipped on loan. Reputation and price tag plays an unbelievable role in Chelsea's player selection, double standards every-fucking-where.

I have to add: now is different from Chelsea's titles in the past 7 years however. Chelsea will not defend their way to title (especially without J.T., superman) and we don't have a Didier or Diego to trouble defenders either.

Now we have Pep, Juergen, and managers like Wolves' and Bournemouth to contend with. I think things have changed and Chelsea need go in fully for a real transition this time. No idea if Maurizio Sarri is an answer; so far, a manager has NOT been the answer (just as AVB has turned up again in discussion here).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, quickpassnmove said:

I have to add: now is different from Chelsea's titles in the past 7 years however. Chelsea will not defend their way to title (especially without J.T., superman) and we don't have a Didier or Diego to trouble defenders either.

Now we have Pep, Juergen, and managers like Wolves' and Bournemouth to contend with. I think things have changed and Chelsea need go in fully for a real transition this time. No idea if Maurizio Sarri is an answer; so far, a manager has NOT been the answer (just as AVB has turned up again in discussion here).

A transition doesn't depend on the manager as much as it depends on the people behind the curtains. You just have to have a manager who fits the ambitions of where they want the transition to end up at. Sarri does fit the bill of playing quick pass'n'move ( ;) ) football, but now he needs to be fully backed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DDA said:

This is the 3rd manager on the trot, Mourinho, Conte and now Sarri who keep on playing out of form or shit players over younger, hungrier or better suited players week in, week out. 

Something is seriously fishy going on behind the scenes. These three managers can't all be blind to the obvious. Player payer is real at Chelsea, we know that but whatever is driving the vehicle of lunacy at Chelsea needs to be addressed for us to fullfil our destiny under Roman.

The team is picked by people behind the scenes, because I don't give a fuck who you are, you must be fucking blind to constantly keep playing under-performing wage thieves like Alonso, Willian, Morata and Fabregas.

The choices made by the board to renew certain contracts, the purchases and the decisions are why we are absolute streets behind City. Why? Because we have bought shite, middle of the road players, updated big contracts for average players and had zero fucking ambition in the last 4-5 years. Zappacosta, Alonso, Morata, Drinkwater etc absolute horrendous, horrendous purchases and don't get me started on the cost of some of them.

There is also no urgency or fore thought to get players like RLC or CHO into the frame whilst players playing in their respected positions go through the fucking motions and collect upward of £200k a week.

The club has no direction what so fucking ever.

DDA, Vesper, Johnnyeye and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarri mystified by Chelsea’s second-half mentality, attitude after conceding to Wolves

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/12/5/18127992/wolverhampton-wanderers-chelsea-premier-league-post-match-comments-maurizio-sarri

Maybe putting our best dm(aka Kante) in his best position 2nd half might of helped ?! Maybe Sarri's mentality needs looked at asap?!

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.