Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

9 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

I would say the 2004/2005 season.

2004/5 team was best Mourinho team, best Chelsea team ever. Fucking Victimpool taking us out in CL was main thing that stopped it from being a top 10, top 15 in world history level team.

This is the 3rd manager on the trot, Mourinho, Conte and now Sarri who keep on playing out of form or shit players over younger, hungrier or better suited players week in, week out. 

Something is seriously fishy going on behind the scenes. These three managers can't all be blind to the obvious. Player payer is real at Chelsea, we know that but whatever is driving the vehicle of lunacy at Chelsea needs to be addressed for us to fullfil our destiny under Roman.

Stubborn manager, keeps playing out of form and shit players while expecting good results, wake up and smell the coffee Sarri, maybe the cigarette smoke is clouding your judgement or else its the Russian roulette for you as we all know it.

9 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Oh... and are we in transition? FFS, this club has been in half-ass transition for a decade IMO, never fully transitioning to something and often reversing due to lack of quality and scoring in the squad. This is the fault of leadership at the club's offices.

I have to say I chuckled at this, because it is true. We have been saying we're in transition at least since 2010, but we have never got anywhere because there has never been any true vision to where we should transition! We bought young attacking talents only to bring in Mourinho, then Conte... Before them Benitez, RDM, AVB - all play very different styles from each other. We then stacked up players for their tactics, and now we bring in the polar opposite manager with what seems minimal support in the market.

Sarri is not blameless. I blamed Mourinho for running a struggling Ivanovic to the ground when there were clearly better alternatives available (FILIPE LUIS !!!!!!!!!). The same with Alonso now, we have an alternative who is worth a shot, being frozen out of the team completely. Alonso was okay for 5 at the back, but in a 4 it's becoming clearer and clearer that he just doesn't cut it.

If one of our academy products put in a performance like Alonso has done lately, he'd be proclaimed "not ready for EPL" and be shipped on loan. Reputation and price tag plays an unbelievable role in Chelsea's player selection, double standards every-fucking-where.

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

I have to say I chuckled at this, because it is true. We have been saying we're in transition at least since 2010, but we have never got anywhere because there has never been any true vision to where we should transition! We bought young attacking talents only to bring in Mourinho, then Conte... Before them Benitez, RDM, AVB - all play very different styles from each other. We then stacked up players for their tactics, and now we bring in the polar opposite manager with what seems minimal support in the market.

Sarri is not blameless. I blamed Mourinho for running a struggling Ivanovic to the ground when there were clearly better alternatives available (FILIPE LUIS !!!!!!!!!). The same with Alonso now, we have an alternative who is worth a shot, being frozen out of the team completely. Alonso was okay for 5 at the back, but in a 4 it's becoming clearer and clearer that he just doesn't cut it.

If one of our academy products put in a performance like Alonso has done lately, he'd be proclaimed "not ready for EPL" and be shipped on loan. Reputation and price tag plays an unbelievable role in Chelsea's player selection, double standards every-fucking-where.

I have to add: now is different from Chelsea's titles in the past 7 years however. Chelsea will not defend their way to title (especially without J.T., superman) and we don't have a Didier or Diego to trouble defenders either.

Now we have Pep, Juergen, and managers like Wolves' and Bournemouth to contend with. I think things have changed and Chelsea need go in fully for a real transition this time. No idea if Maurizio Sarri is an answer; so far, a manager has NOT been the answer (just as AVB has turned up again in discussion here).

Just now, quickpassnmove said:

I have to add: now is different from Chelsea's titles in the past 7 years however. Chelsea will not defend their way to title (especially without J.T., superman) and we don't have a Didier or Diego to trouble defenders either.

Now we have Pep, Juergen, and managers like Wolves' and Bournemouth to contend with. I think things have changed and Chelsea need go in fully for a real transition this time. No idea if Maurizio Sarri is an answer; so far, a manager has NOT been the answer (just as AVB has turned up again in discussion here).

A transition doesn't depend on the manager as much as it depends on the people behind the curtains. You just have to have a manager who fits the ambitions of where they want the transition to end up at. Sarri does fit the bill of playing quick pass'n'move ( ;) ) football, but now he needs to be fully backed.

9 hours ago, DDA said:

This is the 3rd manager on the trot, Mourinho, Conte and now Sarri who keep on playing out of form or shit players over younger, hungrier or better suited players week in, week out. 

Something is seriously fishy going on behind the scenes. These three managers can't all be blind to the obvious. Player payer is real at Chelsea, we know that but whatever is driving the vehicle of lunacy at Chelsea needs to be addressed for us to fullfil our destiny under Roman.

The team is picked by people behind the scenes, because I don't give a fuck who you are, you must be fucking blind to constantly keep playing under-performing wage thieves like Alonso, Willian, Morata and Fabregas.

The choices made by the board to renew certain contracts, the purchases and the decisions are why we are absolute streets behind City. Why? Because we have bought shite, middle of the road players, updated big contracts for average players and had zero fucking ambition in the last 4-5 years. Zappacosta, Alonso, Morata, Drinkwater etc absolute horrendous, horrendous purchases and don't get me started on the cost of some of them.

There is also no urgency or fore thought to get players like RLC or CHO into the frame whilst players playing in their respected positions go through the fucking motions and collect upward of £200k a week.

The club has no direction what so fucking ever.

Sarri mystified by Chelsea’s second-half mentality, attitude after conceding to Wolves

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/12/5/18127992/wolverhampton-wanderers-chelsea-premier-league-post-match-comments-maurizio-sarri

Maybe putting our best dm(aka Kante) in his best position 2nd half might of helped ?! Maybe Sarri's mentality needs looked at asap?!

Chelsea players had too much confidence, says Maurizio Sarri

"Of course, after this match we lost confidence but maybe it is better because sometimes my players show me they have too much confidence."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11572744/sarri-players-had-too-much-confidence

Ffs getting to sound like Jose book of bullshit excuses 

Sarri should have prioritized wolves game .it is much more easy to get points against wolves than city...Jorginho is the heart of sarri system...he should play every PL game... distance between the players clearly indicate replacements are not adapted to system...we cannot get away with second xi in PL games

5 minutes ago, mccg said:

Chelsea players had too much confidence, says Maurizio Sarri

"Of course, after this match we lost confidence but maybe it is better because sometimes my players show me they have too much confidence."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11572744/sarri-players-had-too-much-confidence

Ffs getting to sound like Jose book of bullshit excuses 

It does sound quite Mourinho-like. I am not a fan of using players' emotional states as rational for on field performances.

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is tactically stubborn and lacks a Plan B

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-boss-maurizio-sarri-is-tactically-stubborn-and-lacks-a-plan-b-a4010166.html

Maurizio Sarri is starting to discover what it feels like when the honeymoon period as manager of Chelsea is over.

It would be foolish to suggest Sarri’s job is under threat after just five months, although Luiz Felipe Scolari and Andre Villas-Boas might suggest otherwise. However, the Italian needs to add a new game-plan to his repertoire sooner rather than later.

After a very promising start to life as Chelsea coach, there is more evidence that opponents have figured out his tactics.

The results alone make grim reading: since winning their first five Premier League fixtures, Chelsea have added just four more in the next 10. They should have secured a fifth last night but missed a host of chances at 1-0 and then gifted Wolves two sloppy goals.

Sarri questioned his players’ poor reaction after Nino Espirito Santo’s men drew level, intimating they were solely at fault for the defeat.

“We were suddenly another team,” he said. “Without the right distances, our football, I don’t know why.

“I am really very worried, not for the result but for the fact we didn’t react to the first goal. We didn’t react at all, so I am really very worried for this.”

However, all those connected with Chelsea might think Sarri could have done more to inspire a comeback.

Sarri is so committed to his ‘vision’ of play that he will not alter from it one bit. This means his substitutions are merely like-for-like rather than  anything out of the ordinary.

snip