Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

and except for almost no goals if you pull Barks and RLC to the bench..

We simply have to get goals from our MF, as we are so crippled at 2 of our 3 front positions.

We are the joint second highest scorers in the league with more goals than the supposed all singing all dancing Liverpool (which would still be the case even if you take out Barkley's goals).

The problems we had last season was the lack of control on games, take the Messi, Henry and Eto'o front three at Barca as an example, how many goals down are they if you swap Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi for Kante, Bakayoko and Cesc? Quite possible almost half, look at Mertens and Insigne's tally under Rafa compared to Sarri. Of Course our front three ain't quite as good at that Barca one, but due to our midfield and how we dictate the tempo of games,all will likely end the season on more goals than what they were on last time round for all of Morata's flaws he has a very good chance of hitting 15 possibly 20 in all comps, possibly more if he can up his conversion rate by a fraction.

GARY CAHILL KEEPS CHELSEA ARMBAND AS SARRI CONFIRMS DECISION

https://readchelsea.com/2018/11/02/gary-cahill-keeps-chelsea-armband-as-sarri-confirms-decision/

Jesus fucking christ on a crutch

First no Kovacic perm signing, now this shit

BAD BAD BAD day so far

More REALLY bad news

I have no idea how this slipped under the radar. The FIFA Council a week ago fully endorsed a reform package that includes a maximum of only SIX players allowed out on loan (originally back a month plus ago some articles said it was eight, so it is even worse.)

From what I gather, it will be phased in over a 2 year period following final overall approval.

Bye bye loan army. 

FIFA Council makes key decisions for the future of football development 

(FIFA.com) 26 Oct 2018

snip

Football governance

The members of the FIFA Council endorsed the reform package of the transfer system recently agreed by the FIFA Football Stakeholders Committee. This document lays out the fundamental principles of what will eventually become a set of concrete regulations to be drafted by the Task Force Transfer System in consultation with representatives from clubs (ECA), leagues (the World Leagues Forum), players (FIFPro) as well as member associations, confederations and the FIFA administration. The task force will provide an update of its work at the next Football Stakeholders Committee meeting in February 2019.

Snip

Here is the original reporting a month and a half ago

FIFA's new loan rules could be disastrous for Chelsea with plans to stop clubs sending out more than eight players… Blues currently have FORTY scattered around the world

Fifa to introduce new loan rules to prevent clubs like Chelsea stockpiling young talent as agent reforms fall flat

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfers-fifa-best-loans-chelsea-new-rules-agent-a8554976.html

Fifa have suggested that clubs can only send six players on loan.

Clearing up the transfer system has been high of Fifa president Gianni Infantino’s to-do list for some time and an end to clubs sending an unlimited number of players out on loan could be coming soon.

Fifa have proposed that clubs can send a maximum of six players on loan to prevent sides stockpiling young talent. 

Snip

The reform package will be delivered to the Fifa Council on 26 October during its next meeting and it is hoped that the new regulations are phased in over the next two years.

“We have brought everyone to the table and all key actors of the industry have understood that we need to take action, leading today to this reform proposal,” said Infantino.

Snip

Shit, this looks like it really may go through:(

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

More REALLY bad news

I have no idea how this slipped under the radar. The FIFA Council a week ago fully endorsed a reform package that includes a maximum of only SIX players allowed out on loan (originally back a month plus ago some articles said it was eight, so it is even worse.)

From what I gather, it will be phased in over a 2 year period following final overall approval.

Bye bye loan army. 

FIFA Council makes key decisions for the future of football development 

(FIFA.com) 26 Oct 2018

snip

Football governance

The members of the FIFA Council endorsed the reform package of the transfer system recently agreed by the FIFA Football Stakeholders Committee. This document lays out the fundamental principles of what will eventually become a set of concrete regulations to be drafted by the Task Force Transfer System in consultation with representatives from clubs (ECA), leagues (the World Leagues Forum), players (FIFPro) as well as member associations, confederations and the FIFA administration. The task force will provide an update of its work at the next Football Stakeholders Committee meeting in February 2019.

Snip

Here is the original reporting a month and a half ago

FIFA's new loan rules could be disastrous for Chelsea with plans to stop clubs sending out more than eight players… Blues currently have FORTY scattered around the world

Fifa to introduce new loan rules to prevent clubs like Chelsea stockpiling young talent as agent reforms fall flat

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfers-fifa-best-loans-chelsea-new-rules-agent-a8554976.html

Fifa have suggested that clubs can only send six players on loan.

Clearing up the transfer system has been high of Fifa president Gianni Infantino’s to-do list for some time and an end to clubs sending an unlimited number of players out on loan could be coming soon.

Fifa have proposed that clubs can send a maximum of six players on loan to prevent sides stockpiling young talent. 

Snip

The reform package will be delivered to the Fifa Council on 26 October during its next meeting and it is hoped that the new regulations are phased in over the next two years.

“We have brought everyone to the table and all key actors of the industry have understood that we need to take action, leading today to this reform proposal,” said Infantino.

Snip

Shit, this looks like it really may go through:(

It was on the cards that happening  let's be honest 90% our loaness are not good enough look at todd kane for example look at many loan spells he's been on and he will never play for Chelsea cause he's not good enough to play for Chelsea a championship team is his level 

This is not “Sarriball”

https://chelseafancast.com/2018/11/this-is-not-sarriball/

Or Sarrismo.  Or whatever new fad word Chelsea supporters are using these days to describe this new found attacking football the club are playing.  We have played 10 league games and haven’t lost any on the way to 24 points out of a possible 30.  We have seen our beloved Chelsea Football Club score some fantastic goals and we are excited by what the future may bring. But, this is not the high flying, Guardiola praising, taking Serie A by storm Sarriball that we all heard so much about this summer.

I was excited when Maurizio Sarri took over at the club.  I was frustrated like many supporters in years past when we used negative tactics in so many big matches.  I was downright giddy when I saw the way we played against Liverpool in the league, even though we didn’t win.  We played to win.  Which to me was almost as important as winning.  It showed that, even though Sarri might not think the players are 100% comfortable with the implementation of his style, we were not going to let the opposition dictate the game to us.

But, this is not the Sarriball that we all heard so much about this summer.  The style of football we are currently playing is closer the Guardiola’s Barca’s sides than what Sarri did with Napoli the past 2 seasons.  Sarri’s tactics at Napoli involved quick, decisive passes in between the lines to expose the defenses in Italy.  He used the quickness and agility of Insigne, Callejon and Mertens to great effect in wreaking havoc on Serie A leading to a second place finish on 95 points while scoring 77 goals in 38 matches averaging over 2 goals per match.

There are similarities in the style Chelsea are currently playing and Sarri’s Napoli.  Like the high pressing, triangular passing angles and, most importantly, Jorginho.  The Brazilian-Italian Midfielder was at the heart of what Sarri’s Napoli was able to do in Serie A and it was a major coup when Chelsea were able to bring him to Stamford Bridge over their Premier League rivals Manchester City.  Jorginho is constantly directing play while on the pitch.  He doesn’t do so with flashy dribbling or flair.  He does it with seemingly constant communication with his teammates and effective passes.  Telling his teammates where the ball should be played or where the proper space to move into is on the pitch.  His passing is instinctive and he is always looking to play the ball between the lines of the opponent, but he will play the simple pass if that is his option.  Jorginho’s main role as the deep lying playmaker is to keep the play moving and he does so with ease.  He does not hold the ball to slow down the tempo, he quickly cycles the ball throughout the pitch to keep the opposition moving.  I have come up with a nickname for our number 5 and it’s “Mr. One-touch.”  Keep it going, tell your friends.

Snip

On 31/10/2018 at 11:26 PM, Jason said:

Not having issue with Sarri's rotation but more so with his player-position selection. To him, it's Jorginho/Fabregas, Kovacic/Barkley/Loftus-Cheek and Kante. We know he wants a deep lying playmaker in his midfield trio but is he THAT rigid that he can't even switch it up some times? Is there really only one way to play Sarriball? Can't he play Kante in DM and Barkley and Kovacic ahead of him. Think I've seen this discussion take place in the forum but feel like his rigidity will cost us games and/or players somewhere down the line. 

Yes. He is that rigid. Which is why if Kante cannot adapt (the jury is still out) he will be one the millstones that sinks the SS Sarri if he keeps trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I still will never understand the buy of drinkwater. 

Unless Conte really wanted him. 

I don't think anybody understood why we signed him I'm sure leicester laughed at us for giving them £35m for him I'll be very shocked if we get £20m for him 

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

I still will never understand the buy of drinkwater. 

Unless Conte really wanted him. 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

I don't think anybody understood why we signed him I'm sure leicester laughed at us for giving them £35m for him I'll be very shocked if we get £20m for him 

He was a panic buy. Bought on deadline day because we only had 3 midfielders. Fabregas, Kante and Bakayoko.

40 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

He was a panic buy. Bought on deadline day because we only had 3 midfielders. Fabregas, Kante and Bakayoko.

After Ox looked like it was going to happen, but went to Liverpool, and he needed to be English.

Ox would be really good in this midfield we have right now.

The loan cap makes sense. Most these players either will never make it or never get the chance to make it with us. So seems pointless. If they have no future here send them on. For their sake. Otherwise just loan loan loan oh they've had enough and moved on. 

On 04/11/2018 at 1:14 PM, manpe said:

Nail, meet head. Just another name in the "Papy list". He was available and we prolly needed somebody HG. His previous partnership with Kante prolly also played some role in the board's thinking. But ultimately it was just a panic cash splash because we fucked around penny-pinching serious targets, as always. What is worse than the 35m price tag, is his wage... Desperate as FUCK.

Addendum: We sold Matic and replaced him with Bakayoko too. I want to cry. I'm not sure the board even realize how much they fucked up with those transfers, because history shows they don't ever learn from their mistakes.

I wish we would have went for Lewis Cook instead of Donkeywater, if we absolutely HAD to have a British CMF. 7 years younger, far cheaper, and a decent player.