Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

2 hours ago, mccg said:

Maurizio Sarri's reluctance to rotate is a gamble for Chelsea

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11564365/sarris-selection-gamble

Some good points made tbh. Non-rotation doesn't work in EPL, it is more demanding than Italy and even there it backfired. He NEEDS to stop using key players in games where we can afford to rest them (EL and cup ties). Some players are fatigued already I think and it won't get better with games coming thick and fast. There is no reason for the likes of Emerson, CHO and Christensen to be completely frozen out from EPL fixtures.

Chelsea is a different animal to any club he has managed so far, he must be careful not to alienate a large group of the squad, or else we know how that ends up for managers over here.

53 minutes ago, manpe said:

Some good points made tbh. Non-rotation doesn't work in EPL, it is more demanding than Italy and even there it backfired. He NEEDS to stop using key players in games where we can afford to rest them (EL and cup ties). Some players are fatigued already I think and it won't get better with games coming thick and fast. There is no reason for the likes of Emerson, CHO and Christensen to be completely frozen out from EPL fixtures.

Chelsea is a different animal to any club he has managed so far, he must be careful not to alienate a large group of the squad, or else we know how that ends up for managers over here.

Yeah and also alot of teams have already worked out the Sarri system ,and i don't know how flexible Sarri will be in tweaking it and or personnel,hopefully we hang in the top4 till january and change afew things?!

On 27/11/2018 at 5:26 PM, the wes said:

sarri needs to ditch 4-3-3 formation and play the 4-2-3-1 formation 

That formation doesn't work for non counter attack teams, reverting to that formation would render Sarri's appointment and especially what we want him to build null and void.

We commited to this new direction so we have to see it through, no comprises!

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

That formation doesn't work for non counter attack teams, reverting to that formation would render Sarri's appointment and especially what we want him to build null and void.

I agree that such a formation shouldn't be a permanent fixture, but we cannot play like we did against Spurs away against the top sides because we'll get ripped apart every time.

There has to be some compromise against certain teams. Guardiola adapted his approach this season to combat Liverpool. 

I want Sarri to trust his system and his principles but he also has to show a little flexibility also when its needed.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

First season is never easy. 

I think Liverpool and City didn't look that great the first season either with Klopp and Guardiola. 

Just got to continue, stick to his idea and see if we can get more players that are suited to his style. As this is the style we want moving forward. Have to accept the rough patches here and there. 

He is running our team into the ground with his stupity rotation. .

Hazard is carrying a knock again

and ZERO goals in 9 games now for club and country.

Many of those games we won or drew earlier were due to extraordinary luck, mostly from opponents missing sitter after sitter.

Shit is catching up I fear.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Many of those games we won or drew earlier were due to extraordinary luck, mostly from opponents missing sitter after sitter.

Again, City and Liverpool was bad at the beginning with not so great results. Especially Liverpool. 

Let's not talk about Tottenham. 

You want change in style, then it will take some time. 

8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I agree that such a formation shouldn't be a permanent fixture, but we cannot play like we did against Spurs away against the top sides because we'll get ripped apart every time.

There has to be some compromise against certain teams. Guardiola adapted his approach this season to combat Liverpool. 

I want Sarri to trust his system and his principles but he also has to show a little flexibility also when its needed.

I agree to an extent, little things like the fullbacks staying back and Kante and/or Kova sticking closer to Jorginho should happen, but he shouldn't waver from his base tactics and philosophy even if it means a few thrashing in the short term. Everyone thought Pep was mental not going more pragmatic in his first season but he stuck to his guns and got his rewards, we need to do the same.

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

That type of logic works both ways, you say we have won games because opponents missing sitters, well apart from Spurs all our dropped points was a large chunk down to us missing sitters. Also with the rotation they shouldn't be run into the ground already, they are all apart from Kepa and Willian mainly playing once a week at the minute with the odd midweek game so if they are burnt out already Sarri needs to look at his fitness regime not rotation policy. 

I am however with you on Hazard, he should be on the bench until he's 100% fit again. 

7 hours ago, Fernando said:

First season is never easy. 

I think Liverpool and City didn't look that great the first season either with Klopp and Guardiola. 

Just got to continue, stick to his idea and see if we can get more players that are suited to his style. As this is the style we want moving forward. Have to accept the rough patches here and there. 

And to add further, Klopp and Pep took over from managers who had similar ideas and philosophys to them, they weren't as effective as they were inferior managers but the base was there for them. 

Sarri has took over a squad trained in a completely different style of football to his. 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Everyone thought Pep was mental not going more pragmatic in his first season but he stuck to his guns and got his rewards, we need to do the same.

Except Pep has been properly backed in the transfer market and has steadily been getting players suitable for his ideas. Our board more than likely thinks Jorginho was enough effort and will revert back to apathetic denial in the market.

19 minutes ago, manpe said:

Except Pep has been properly backed in the transfer market and has steadily been getting players suitable for his ideas. Our board more than likely thinks Jorginho was enough effort and will revert back to apathetic denial in the market.

We will have to wait and see on that one, but so far with Jorginho and Kepa it's so far so good. 

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We will have to wait and see on that one, but so far with Jorginho and Kepa it's so far so good. 

Plenty false dawns from recent history, we pull off some rare quality coups and then revert to mediocrity, thinking our problems are solved. I'm not getting my hopes up this time, especially with Roman's state of affairs and a big fat fine looming, or worse - transfer ban. But yeah it's only speculation at this point, let's live and see, but I have no expectations whatsoever that the club will back him.