Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Chelsea players threaten to quit if Maurizio Sarri remains in charge

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/21/chelsea-players-threaten-quit-maurizio-sarri-remains-charge-9631331/

Senior Chelsea players will look to leave the club this summer if Maurizio Sarri remains in charge, according to reports. Sarri’s future at Stamford Bridge is up in the air, as Chelsea prepare to take on Arsenal in the Europa League final. The Italian is very unpopular among a section of Chelsea fans and has faced criticism for his style of play in his first season in London. The Evening Standard claim no decision has been taken about Sarri after he led the club to a third-place finish in the Premier League.

Juventus reportedly want to bring Sarri in to replace Massimiliano Allegri, who announced his exit from the club after five years as their head coach. While Chelsea weigh up their options, it is understood they could face a player exodus if they keep Sarri on, with some senior players prepared to leave if their current manager remains in place. Chelsea are facing a transfer ban this summer and the result of their efforts to have that ban frozen is expected to play a big part in the future of Sarri.

snip

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/21/chelsea-players-threaten-quit-maurizio-sarri-remains-charge-9631331/

Senior Chelsea players will look to leave the club this summer if Maurizio Sarri remains in charge, according to reports. Sarri’s future at Stamford Bridge is up in the air, as Chelsea prepare to take on Arsenal in the Europa League final. The Italian is very unpopular among a section of Chelsea fans and has faced criticism for his style of play in his first season in London. The Evening Standard claim no decision has been taken about Sarri after he led the club to a third-place finish in the Premier League.

Juventus reportedly want to bring Sarri in to replace Massimiliano Allegri, who announced his exit from the club after five years as their head coach. While Chelsea weigh up their options, it is understood they could face a player exodus if they keep Sarri on, with some senior players prepared to leave if their current manager remains in place. Chelsea are facing a transfer ban this summer and the result of their efforts to have that ban frozen is expected to play a big part in the future of Sarri.

snip

Embarrassing. 

Not that I believe the article, but it's pretty funny how these players value themselves. Imagine Alonso or Willian threatening the club they will leave. :doh:

30 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Embarrassing. 

Not that I believe the article, but it's pretty funny how these players value themselves. Imagine Alonso or Willian threatening the club they will leave. :doh:

Your spot on.......but at the same time I wouldnt play for Sarri. He just doesnt give that vibe needed to be a hit in EPL. He always sour.....no wonder he cant motivate them. Wasnt it Rudi that said its so boring listening to his tactics all day everyday or something like that? My point is, he does not look the type to fire the squad into giving their all. If he stays he stays, but I rather he did not.

53 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Embarrassing. 

If any of it is true, it must be (my best guesses are in bold)

AC (though until we bring back Zouma, if we even do, he is the starter until Rudiger comes back) but I can deffo see him saying this, he wants to leave, and once the bans are over we should cash in

Emerson and/or Alonso??? If it is Alonso, then what a fucking joke, bans or no bans I want him off the team

Barkley? He is now our starting AMF due to RLC out for all of next year (or most of it) so highly doubt that

Drinkwater? LOLOLOL PLEASE LEAVE

Pedro and/or Willian?  GTFO, wish to fuck we could dump these dregs, and they will both get crazy playing time (dog help us), as we only have a total of 3 healthy wingers (counting Pulisic)

Giroud just renewed, so makes zero sense

Higs? PLEASE LEAVE you £29m a year FRAUD, plus he loves Sarri

Zappacosta is maybe one, he has made it clear he wants to leave, and we certainly have a shit tonne of RB's (Azpi, Reece, Ola (Torino now doesn't have the money that they probably fucked up Europe, and Dujon Sterling)

Hazard is gone anyway

CHO is injured but could be one of them (he wanted to leave anyway, now he cannot due to the injury)

All the rest are Sarri pets, (Luiz, Jorginho, Azpi, Rudiger) or are going to probably loaned out (Ampadu) or do not matter all that much (Willie)

so that leaves ONE other possibility (other than the dregs in bold above) and it is huge

Kante

THAT would be a disaster and it does jibe up with the PSG rumours

the rest in bold can all fuck right off (plus Higs)

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

snip

LOL, i am not Sarri biggest fan, but honestly i want him to stay on badly now. 

Just now, Clockwork said:

LOL, i am not Sarri biggest fan, but honestly i want him to stay on badly now. 

due to the bans, I lean towards keeping him, I do not want Lamps to come into what is going to be, more than likely, a semi-shit team

Allegri would be crazy to walk into this nightmare

I SO hope Derby beats Villa and gets promoted, so we can keep Mount and Tomori there for one last year of seasoning (and EPL-level seasoning), same for Lamps

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

due to the bans, I lean towards keeping him, I do not want Lamps to come into what is going to be, more than likely, a semi-shit team

I SO hope Derby beats Villa and gets promoted, so we can keep Mount and Tomori there for one last year of seasoning (and EPL-level seasoning), same for Lamps

I agree, coming to Chelsea right now would set him up for failure. This is not the situation for an inexperienced manager to walk into. 

We definitely need the ban frozen, RLC and CHO injury unfortunately made this decision an easy one. The squad needs a rebuild, and i would trust Sarri in this situation. 

9 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I agree, coming to Chelsea right now would set him up for failure. This is not the situation for an inexperienced manager to walk into. 

We definitely need the ban frozen, RLC and CHO injury unfortunately made this decision an easy one. The squad needs a rebuild, and i would trust Sarri in this situation. 

I will be very surprised if the bans are frozen, for reasons I have laid out in multiple (and before the bans were even official) previous posts. I have been (unfortunately) spot on in regards to this entire thing, again, before the bans even came down. I also do NOT trust the board to sort the team in just a few weeks if the bans are frozen in July (or even late June), and then we are fucked until summer 2021. The bans are not going to be overturned and we run a huge risk (due to new revelations of additional wrong-doing now coming out) of actually having them extended if we play our cards wrong. CAS freezing the bans is so not a guaranteed thing, as years have now went by since the rules were in place (unlike the Barca and RM bans, which cane down right after).

Isn't keeping Sarri during a potential ban more of a risk? We have 41~ players out on loan and he's already said only two or three are ready. 

That in itself is a cause for concern.

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Isn't keeping Sarri during a potential ban more of a risk. We have 41~ players out on loan and he's already said only two or three are ready. 

That in itself is a cause for worry.

Plus he hardly did wonders with the team this season. If stuck with same lot be more of the same without Hazard this time. 

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Isn't keeping Sarri during a potential ban more of a risk? We have 41~ players out on loan and he's already said only two or three are ready. 

That in itself is a cause for worry.

if Lamps beats Villa, all this speculation is moot

he will manage them in the EPL next season, I have almost no doubt of that

if/when he fuck up badly next season, that's when having Sarri around for a right proper roasting will work out

he is the perfect villain to take the fall (not that it is even remotely all on him, the puppet board and RA are the true ones to blame)

I do not want Lamps walking into this shituation and blowing out his confidence

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if Lamps beats Villa, all this speculation is moot

he will manage them in the EPL next season, I have almost no doubt of that

if/when he fuck up badly next season, that's when having Sarri around for a right proper roasting will work out

he is the perfect villain to take the fall (not that it is even remotely all on him, the puppet board and RA are the true ones to blame)

I do not want Lamps walking into this shituation and blowing out his confidence

Provided that happens and Sarri gets sacked 6 months from now; are we going to get Hiddink in for a patch up job?

Not to mention the prospect of more youngsters being sold in the meantime.

16 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Provided that happens and Sarri gets sacked 6 months from now, we going to get Hiddink in for a patch up job?

Not to mention the prospect of more youngsters getting sold.

Unless we can hypnotise Allegri and get him to come in, I am fully prepared to ride out with Sarri, see no upside to bringing in Lamps in the middle of thsi nightmare, especially if he in the EPL with Derby, we can deal with a patch job if/when that is needed

we all will know more after the Derby Villa final

also when the bans being frozen are down the drain as a possibility

it isn't (for me personally) I have not seen all this coming for a long time

time to pay the piper for years of dodginess from the board

IF Lamps loses the final and IF the bans are frozen, and IF the board actually rebuilds the team this summer, then maybe, maybe I could see Lamps in

the odds of all all three happening are remote, very remote

my greatest hope is that we knock Arse out of the CL, Manure fucks up badly in the t-market, so does Arse, and Spuds lose Eriksen and other key players

until we are sold to another billionaire who FULLY commits to getting us back to being a consistent top 4, 5, 6th club in the world (let alone the best), I cannot see us getting within spitting distance of Shitty (even with a Europe ban, it would take multiyear t-bans and CL bans to start to rip them apart and get Pep to bail) and Victimpool, the gap is too great, we have almost no truly world-class talent left, whilst they both have absolute bucketloads of it and will only buy more

for all their assorted issues

we are Mo's little horse atm compared to

Barca

RM

Shitty

Victimpool

Juve

Bayern

PSG

AM (but they are in a spot of bother if they lose a tonne of quality players)

we are in a mess, same as Manure, problem is they CAN sort it, they are a massive club and are not on a ban of FFP issues like we are

Napoli is better than us atm, especially with Eden leaving and our bans, BUT they may soon (within 3 years) fall, as they are semi-ageing and do not have the cash to rebuild to the level of the other 10 (us included), they are fighting with Dortmund, AC Milan (if they are get back into CL on a consistent basis) Spuds, Arse and Inter for that number 11 spot on the big boy board (we are in true danger of falling out of the top 10 and tumbling below every club I just listed if we handle this crisis poorly)

these listed are only 16 truly big clubs in Europe

I guess if you wanted an even 20

toss in 4 from

Roma, Lyon, Sevilla, RB Leipzig, Ajax (they are going to be shredded this summer though), Porto, Benfica, and Valencia

I would go with the first 4, but in reality, if pretty much any of the top 10, 14 clubs comes calling, those last clubs are going to lose the players