Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

On 5/20/2019 at 9:11 AM, BlueLyon said:

Id love Frank at one point, but its probably too soon. I dont want this turns into our Ole.

If he qualifies with Derby, respect that and give him a chance to show his worth there. 

In a year or two if we still need a manager, bring him in if he does well in PL.

Fans may have good reasons to fear Lampard might be our Ole if he's hired right now but even in his short managerial career so far, Lampard seems to already have more about him and his coaching/management skills than Solskjaer whose rhetoric and seemingly only source of motivation is to hark back to the good old days of Fergie. Moreover, you get the feel that Lampard would instantly get the respect of the players here, especially the younger ones, and that he can motivate/bond with the players and fans, if those Derby celebration videos are anything to go by.

I don't think Sarri has done a bad job .. I also think if we had a good striker like Costa we would have been Much higher up. Even if Frank was hired and once we start dropping a few points, the same idiots that are calling for sarris head will start picking up theier pitch forks  and demanding Frank's head be placed in the guillotine saying he didn't have the experience.  Even peps or klopps first seasons weren't all roses. 

Well, just great. Hollywood FC back at it again a week before a European final.

Couldn’t these rumors just wait a bit? All little hope I had for the game, is now gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be monumentally stupid to sack him before giving him a proper chance next season. And bringing in Lampard, who has manager for a grand total of 1 season in the Championship, to manage one of the world's biggest clubs is a recipe for disaster. Never managed in the PL, never had to manage against teams of this caliber, has to outsmart and compete with the likes of Pep, Poch, Klopp, etc with no experience having done so.

It's just far too soon for this move. If he had been keeping a PL club midtable for a few seasons and playing nice football that's one thing. But he's been at it ONE season in a lower division. That's nowhere near enough of a resume.

3 hours ago, Ledgi said:

Well, just great. Hollywood FC back at it again a week before a European final.

Couldn’t these rumors just wait a bit? All little hope I had for the game, is now gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Club don't control rumours mate

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

Lampard’s Derby did outplay Mourinho’s United at Old Trafford and had the mentality to overcome them in penalties. That penalty shootout was something else.

This is something you should not overlook.

Oh yes football really is that simple Bradford beat us 3-2 after being 2-0 down when Mourinho was manager lets have that bloke as our manager. Celtic beat Barca 1-0 in the Champions League lets have Neil Lennon as our manager. Wigan beat Man City in the cup final etc etc 

1 minute ago, Mana said:

There is a difference between Bradford/Wigan and Derby. The former teams are actually shit. The former are playing good football.

You wanna go back to school and learn some grammar that doesn't make sense if your referring to Derby then it should be the latter play good football. You think that a league cup match where United had their keeper sent off in the 67th minute is a good reason for considering Lampard for the Chelsea job ?

On 19/05/2019 at 2:10 AM, BlueSunshine said:

My post wasn't directed to you, if you make a quick searh in the forum you will find numerous posts that are using the word "smoker" as an insult or implying that smoking is hindering his abilities/judgement or even comparing smoking to drugs, which is just laughable to say the least. I agree with you on some points about smoking in the workplace but i also think that it is not as dire as people make it out to be. You need to respect the others though, no questions about that.

And Ashley Cole or Vialli were not playing back in 1976, it is kinda ironic that Sarri is getting bashed for smoking when 2 of our legends had the same habit, don't you think?

Don't think you can compare Sarri to Ashley Cole a 60 a day habit compared to a social smoker are two different things entirely. I gave up smoking 10 years ago I got fed up off going outside to smoke in the pissing down rain and I'm glad I did. Smoking is not a character flaw but Sarri does look like a dishevelled wino trying to suck the life out of a butt he's found on the pavement.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Stop acting like a petulant little baby for once

Ha ha that's rich coming from you mate all you ever do is moan. So Derby are 90 minutes away from the Premier League if they lose what then he's failed in his objective. Lamps is a legend but giving  jobs because they were great players rarely works Shearer and Giggs although only part time were terrible Trevor Brooking couldn't save West Ham under similar circs. Hoddle at Spurs didn't work Daglish second time round was terrible for Liverpool.

Anyway consider this matter closed I'd rather stick knitting needles in my eyes then have a conversation about anything with you.

Sentiment has to be put aside. Chelsea needs a top manager with ample experience at the absolute top level. Someone astute enough to go toe to toe with the numerous world class managers in the PL.

Would Lamps get everyone on his side and will his appointment be extremely popular? Yes. Is he ready for the flaming cauldron that is the Chelsea managers position? I don't think so. Especially if he gets no backing in the transfer window due to the ban.

Imagine a first time PL manager with this squad. Washed up Higuain and Giroud as our strikers, no Hazard, RLC & CHO injured for the first several months of the season at least, Alonso and Azpi as our starting fullbacks. All the while City, Liverpool, United, Arse, and Spuds will have spent big improving their teams and have settled managers.

Recipe for fucking calamitous disaster. Don't do this to Super Frank. Not fair to him.