Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

No one from Juventus has shot down the rumour though, which is interesting considering they sometimes do

It's 50-50 at the minute, i would not be surprised with either scenario.  I think the Sarri disconnect with fans is what might see him leave, though

If Juventus want him I think he'll be gone. The opportunity to go back to Italy, where he is highly thought of, to work for the biggest club there and the almost guarantee of winning trophies.

The job required at Chelsea is a potentially huge one and made all the harder with next seasons ban, so I could fully understand if he decided to leave.

3 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Palmeri AND Jim white. 

Enough said about that

You never know man......too much smoke atm. I could easily see Sarri go/ let go.....I hope they get pep instead and Sarri to Roma etc.

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

You never know man......too much smoke atm. I could easily see Sarri go/ let go.....I hope they get pep instead and Sarri to Roma etc.

No I mean I could easily see it happening. Just Jim white is an absolute wasteman. Even worse since he joined talk sport. 

13 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If Juventus want him I think he'll be gone. The opportunity to go back to Italy, where he is highly thought of, to work for the biggest club there and the almost guarantee of winning trophies.

The job required at Chelsea is a potentially huge one and made all the harder with next seasons ban, so I could fully understand if he decided to leave.

I disagree, it made little sense for him to go back to Italy to manage juve. Epl is a more exciting league to manage plus he has done almost the maximum in Serie a. He finished with 91 points with napoli. 

4 hours ago, communicate said:

I disagree, it made little sense for him to go back to Italy to manage juve. Epl is a more exciting league to manage plus he has done almost the maximum in Serie a. He finished with 91 points with napoli. 

He still never won anything though. He punched above his weight with Napoli and their budgets against Juventus but it still wasn't enough and he obviously had restrictions on him there.

The biggest thing for me though is the appreciation he has in Italy for his work. He's tried another country and been generally ridiculed by fans and media for his philosophy and style so if the best club in his country come calling it has to be a big attraction.

Frank was interviewed by the BBC about the Chelsea links, he never denied it and just said he is going to speak with the Derby owner after the play-off final.

I think there is defo something in all of this I really do.

15 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

No I mean I could easily see it happening. Just Jim white is an absolute wasteman. Even worse since he joined talk sport. 

Ohh for sure my man.

48 minutes ago, gdlk said:

Seriously Lampard?? With his experience in coaching... Only to screw his golden name with that shit team and SHIT Board.. 

Lamps knows the modern game in and out.....been there and done that. If we back him with quality, his kinda players then I can see us do better. But will this board of ours give him a helping hand? Time will tell if they gonna fuck up again or not.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He still never won anything though. He punched above his weight with Napoli and their budgets against Juventus but it still wasn't enough and he obviously had restrictions on him there.

The biggest thing for me though is the appreciation he has in Italy for his work. He's tried another country and been generally ridiculed by fans and media for his philosophy and style so if the best club in his country come calling it has to be a big attraction.

True but the pressure of managing Juventus will be a lot different than managing Napoli. If Sarri were to continue his stubborn, inflexible ways and things go wrong on the field, the Juventus media and fans are unlikely to go easy on him. Plus, Juventus are desperate to win the Champions League. Is Sarri the right person to help them achieve it...?

2 hours ago, Jason said:

True but the pressure of managing Juventus will be a lot different than managing Napoli. If Sarri were to continue his stubborn, inflexible ways and things go wrong on the field, the Juventus media and fans are unlikely to go easy on him. Plus, Juventus are desperate to win the Champions League. Is Sarri the right person to help them achieve it...?

I will change my birth name if he won the CL with Juve....he is not tactical enough.

1 hour ago, gdlk said:

Where exactly Lampard has been in modern football like coach??  In CL or in PL??  Just mark my words - till december plastic fans will ask his head too.. 

He has played the game in and out, learned from some of the best managers around. Always come as intelligent....im not saying we will win the title on the spot, but we will see more passion, more togetherness and less harrikiri tactics. And why are you calling your fellow Chels plastics? Just because you are unhappy with a certain manager who happens to be out of his depth does not mean you are a weatherfan....if so then half the supporters are plastics.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Oh I agree, I'd have my doubts over the fit and no doubt theres greater pressure but look at that Juventus squad compared to everything else in the league. Just looking from Sarri's perspective if they wanted him I think he'd struggle to turn that down.

6 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

if the board will be satisfied for his work sarri has declared that he would stay at chelsea. otherwise it is right for him to go where people could appreciate him 

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

I will change my birth name if he won the CL with Juve....he is not tactical enough.

He has played the game in and out, learned from some of the best managers around. Always come as intelligent....im not saying we will win the title on the spot, but we will see more passion, more togetherness and less harrikiri tactics. 

Have you seen Derby this season? They have been the Championship equivalent of us, ie results by in large the same with a manager trying to completely change the identity of the club.

If Lampard gets appointed it will be with the intention of continuing what Sarri has started, not ripping up the sheet and starting again.