Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 minute ago, communicate said:

I personally don't know whether Sarri is the best man but I do like Sarri. I don't know who is available  that is better for us to transition to a more front footed approach. 

Defensively we are absolutely atrocious. Jorginho as lone holder is a nightmare. It is funny if not because of last season where kante was very poor as dm, I will suggest playing kante there but teams were letting him have all the ball and his passing was too conservative. 

Offensively we are a mess.

Both of our fb are just bad offensively. Our striker is bad but fixing our fb is imo more important. 

Kante has done well as rcm but he is not really a natural in that role. I did not watch our game vs Frankfurt or Leicester. Did we play better offensively without kante? I always want to know this, because on paper it make sense.

The best part this season for me is our build up. It is so much better especially against press. 

Hopefully I am wrong but I don't think we will get significantly better next season unless we get plenty of good player in our team. 

Id give him another chance, but with two quality fullbacks and striker. Doesnt have to be world class, just hungry and dynamic one in the mould of Firmino.

Odoi and Pulisic on wings, Kante, Jorginho and RLC in the middle. 

But this is impossible next season. Azpi is there for certain and he isnt great in attack, while Odoi/RLC are both out injured.

33 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I just cant see it mate.....Sarri has had plenty of times to show something, he didnt. 

Your opinion. 

I've seen us play out from the back and retain the ball better than we've ever had, and this is without major upgrades. 

11 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Id give him another chance, but with two quality fullbacks and striker. Doesnt have to be world class, just hungry and dynamic one in the mould of Firmino.

Odoi and Pulisic on wings, Kante, Jorginho and RLC in the middle. 

But this is impossible next season. Azpi is there for certain and he isnt great in attack, while Odoi/RLC are both out injured.

You have to give him a chance. I always give any manager at least two season unless crazy thing happen during the season. 

I am honestly not sure how to fix our team. It is quite a mess. We should have signed a more physical player instead of Jorginho. 

Did you watch our game va Frankfurt? 

40 minutes ago, communicate said:

You have to give him a chance. I always give any manager at least two season unless crazy thing happen during the season. 

I am honestly not sure how to fix our team. It is quite a mess. We should have signed a more physical player instead of Jorginho. 

Did you watch our game va Frankfurt? 

I actualy liked Jorginho vs Frankfurt despite Im not a fan of him in most games. That said, I think we should have gone for Rodri in the first place. He will be great signing for Pep, basicaly stronger Jorginho.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Your opinion. 

I've seen us play out from the back and retain the ball better than we've ever had, and this is without major upgrades. 

Yeah and we have been attacked often cuz we love to play from the back. And retaining the ball while the opposition knows we cant do fuck all with it so they allow us more to have cuz they know one likely mistake and they are through like a molten knife. Our possession has no purpose so far. The basics aint there. And lets say you are right, thats 2 elements he has done. But utterly neglected many other elements.....theres no balance. If he stays, man does he have alot to improve on.

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:
11 hours ago, DDA said:

fuck.

Fuck the old identity...really? Its what made us so feard, its what gave us so many trophies, so many memories. Everyone were scared of us.

I'm getting really tired of this bro. I am trying not to sound like an asshole but football has evolved... parking the bus is for the smaller clubs so that they cam at least compete game by game. If you want to challange the big boys, you can't just rely on defending to save a 1 or 2 nil lead. They have too much firepower now. You have to build a ferocious attack to compete that can pass the ball intelligently. Balh blah blah.. i really can't be assed to point out the obvious. I gwt you have an emtional attachment to the old way... I do. It was thrilling but it just won't cut it against Peps City or Klopps Pool.

Sign Allegri????

The fans have lost their fucking minds. 

If our fanbase wasn't a joke before Sarri arrived then we most certainly are now. It's a disgrace.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I actualy liked Jorginho vs Frankfurt despite Im not a fan of him in most games. That said, I think we should have gone for Rodri in the first place. He will be great signing for Pep, basicaly stronger Jorginho.

Does our attack improve with kova on the right rather than kante? 

I have defended Jorginho time and time again in here. He is not our biggest problem because we need a ball mover in midfield. I wish Sarri can teach kante that role but I can see this season  to be a total disaster if we do that. 

14 minutes ago, DDA said:

Sign Allegri????

If our fanbase wasn't a joke before Sarri arrived then we most certainly are now. It's a disgrace.

I am pretty sure the majority of Chelsea fans will be happier with Allegri. 

I personally prefer to stay with Sarri. At least learn the basic of pressing and control football then we can continue with a more adaptive manager. 

24 minutes ago, DDA said:

I'm getting really tired of this bro. I am trying not to sound like an asshole but football has evolved... parking the bus is for the smaller clubs so that they cam at least compete game by game. If you want to challange the big boys, you can't just rely on defending to save a 1 or 2 nil lead. They have too much firepower now. You have to build a ferocious attack to compete that can pass the ball intelligently. Balh blah blah.. i really can't be assed to point out the obvious. I gwt you have an emtional attachment to the old way... I do. It was thrilling but it just won't cut it against Peps City or Klopps Pool.

I get your point my man, we have our prefrences, and nothing wrong with the way you want footy. Its valid if you can get the right manager and back him with quality. And we may have parked the bus a few times vs the real big boys but it gave fruits, vs anyone else we attacked none stop unless in big trouble. Look what we did to pool in 13-14 playing solid park the bus with a 2nd team, I loved that.

10 minutes ago, communicate said:

I personally prefer to stay with Sarri. At least learn the basic of pressing and control football then we can continue with a more adaptive manager. 

I wouldnt mind Allegry one bit, I prefer him to Sarri for sure. But he must be backed, just as Sarri nust be if he staying. But I have no doubt we would be much tougher and more solid and flexable with Allegry.

23 minutes ago, communicate said:

The majority of the fans are backing Sarri and see how ridiculous it would be to sack another manager after acheieving what was asked of him. It would be nothing short of farcical and make us the biggest mockery in World football. When will people understand that the constant change in managers is what has led us to this big pile of dogshit that we are in right now. Sarri needs to stay for the sake of the club.

I'd give Sarri another season.. He won't get it if we keep producing the shit performances we did this season though. So dire at times. 

2 away win this year in the league is pretty bad. Especially if other teams can strengthen and we go weeeeeee down. Or if we can and still go weeeee down. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Sign Allegri????

Allegri is 100 times the coach Sarri is. He is a proven winner and gets the maximum out of big egos, lazy and washed up players. He is perfect for a club not willing to spend big but still win the odd title. Sarri is from yesterday with his medieval 433 and anachronistic posession football

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Allegri is 100 times the coach Sarri is. He is a proven winner and gets the maximum out of big egos, lazy and washed up players. He is perfect for a club not willing to spend big but still win the odd title. Sarri is from yesterday with his medieval 433 and anachronistic posession football

Nah we are good, Allegri cant even shine Conte's shoes. If we are going back that route just reappoint Conte since his still under contract with us!

11 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Nah we are good, Allegri cant even shine Conte's shoes. If we are going back that route just reappoint Conte since his still under contract with us!

That would actually be a decent call haha. Still Allegri reached a cl final with contes squad and two semis