The Mourinho Thread

Maybe he couldn't win the title again with the same players, we all agree on that probably but we also really shouldn't be sitting right above the relegation zone after 11 matches. Don't think some people realize how bad we truly are atm.

I don't think some people fully accept how bad we were, in terns of squad quality, last term. Jose dragged us over the line by having the guts to set the team up in the only way it could win. This season: -

Fabregas has continued his post November 2014 form to demonstrate why Barca let him go.

Matic has continued his post November 2014 form in attempting to justify the decision to sell him to Benfica in the first place.

Costa's one trick is looking even thinner than it did after October 2014.

Our difference maker on the left wing has been replaced by a replicant. (He did look a bit leaner last night mind. Maybe he's trying to see if too much bulk has been a part of the problem.)

There were positives in last night's game to build on. I'm glad he gave Baba a start who was decent and should continue to develop with more time and encouragement. Would have liked to seen Oscar dropped with Kennedy given a chance to start.

Moving forwards I think Jose needs to work on getting the attack to be more clinical and decisive in & around the box as there were too many wrong decisions and holding onto the ball when a simple pass was the correct option. I think Matic and Ramires seemed like the best partnership atm. Ramires looked energetic and dynamic although his technique should be worked on for improvement. Matic showed good composure and grit. He is so important for our team and can be fantastic when he is given the backing and confidence to own that position.

Defence is still looking a little too shaky at times. I think Jose needs to improve the communication aspect of the back four. Terry I feel needs to more firmly assert his leadership and marshalling at the back. Definitely more talking and shouting by JT especially to build up young Zouma's positioning and anticipation. I would also like see Begovic be more commanding of his box and talk more with his defence which should help improve some of the indecisiveness at the back.

Overall an improved performance which we can build upon. We just need to keep improving on our current weakness and liabilities and hopefully keep winning with Jose also evolving his style of management

KTBFFH!

Think that this season will be a year without UCL, and a summer of rebuilding and requisitioning our approach. Hopefully the outcome will be less signing's like Pappy and more young players like Zouma and RLC being integrated into the team. Kalas, Bamford (we'll see), Kenedy, Traore, Baker, Ake, etc. can start to become the squad players, and maybe a rotation between each competition will help with the fitness issues that was the 'problem' at the start.

Oh, and no more extra fucking games at post-season.

Our fans are great no matter what people say and they deserve the best football and trophies.

Jose always knew that there won't be any protests like he would face if he was coaching a Serie A or La Liga team.

On the other hand Roman also knows that there won't be any protests if he sacks him after Stoke City game.

no fans anywhere 'deserve' trophies.

We 'as the fans' just do our job......support the team especially when we are down

http://i.imgsafe.org/2ebe564.jpg

_86509929_capture.jpg

Chelsea may not have been feeling too confident before their Champions League game with Dynamo Kiev on Wednesday, as a fan took a picture of the scoreboard at Stamford Bridge showing the visitors holding a 2-1 lead - five hours before kick-off. The match did finish 2-1, but in favour of the Blues.

Have Chelsea fans saved Mourinho from the sack? by Dan Levene

After receiving a strong indication Mourinho's tenure was over after the 1-3 home defeat to Liverpool, with a stay of execution only there pending the breathing space of the international break, Wednesday night's show of support by fans is understood to have made a major impression on those who run the club.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-fans-saved-mourinho-sack-10390128

Let's hope this is true!

_86509929_capture.jpg

Chelsea may not have been feeling too confident before their Champions League game with Dynamo Kiev on Wednesday, as a fan took a picture of the scoreboard at Stamford Bridge showing the visitors holding a 2-1 lead - five hours before kick-off. The match did finish 2-1, but in favour of the Blues.

Well, technically, they did score two goals :ph34r:

It is the truth, we were awful throughout the whole match and thanks to Willian scoring one of the best goal of his career scrapped a win against a average side. This is far from a corner turned at all.

Coming out of the hole we're in isn't going to happen in one game. It comes gradually. And I don't know which game you were looking, probably Arsenal's, but first half we dominated them totally. A little better movement in the box and it could have been 4-0 at half time. This kind of killer instinct and confidence is just matter of time. Eden Hazard was on fire when he came on, even only that is a big big plus for us. Last night was a step in the right direction. Proud of the result, of the performance and of the support.

Jose Mourinho will solve Chelsea problems - Jorge Mendes

edit:
If you watch the video you will see Jorge Mendes was very comfortable and confident when answering the first open question from the interviewer. But then the second question from the interviewer: ''do you think he (Jose) will stay there? Will he be given the chance to..(solve the problems)'' Jorge Mendes started to stutter a little bit, didn't directly answer the question, and even looked a little bit panicky.

This tells a lot, I think the board is/was seriously considering sacking Jose, if he isn't already sacked yet.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34730587

I didn't see any improvement. Still clueless whenever going forward with total inept of what is going on when I have a ball 30 metres from goal from every player.

Our matches are bereft of any enjoyment. Sorry that I have to admit it, wake me up when we create something by ourself.

I'm sorry but I give up. I simply cannot watch our matches, it's horror show how clueless we are attacking, it's the lowest point I'd ever imagine from hundreds million squad.

At least I hope we gain a little bit 'confidence' now so players can figure something out on their own. After all 'confidence' is main offensive tactic for Jose and he happily admits that.

It's a truly soccer/football inclusive phenomenon where the supporters will be enraged/angered/belligerent against the manager. From what I've witnessed in other sports people really don't care about the manager as much as a football fan does.

Hey hey speak for yourself, nothing will make me as sad as India replacing Gary Kirsten with Duncan Fletcher :(

Actually I don't see this team going nowhere, and perhaps I'm not suppa optmistic, but I don't see how firing Mourinho will make the team finishing in the top 4, for me this team won't be playing UCL next season. This team needs some new players in winter and an overhaul in the summer.

Hmm, overhaul? Who would you get rid of, out of interest?

I personally don't think we need an overhaul, just 2-3 signings.