The Mourinho Thread

Just wait and soon players like Ruben Loftus-Cheek will be in our starting eleven.

Doubt it. He may get the Ake role in COC games, but starting eleven? I wouldn't count on it if I was you. Wasn't somebody supposed to be an "important player" this season according to him from last season? I don't remember who it was, but I know this player got sold or loaned. Kalas maybe? Don't listen to Mourinho's words, and by his actions there is absolutely nothing to indicate that Lofty-Cheeks will not end up in a dead-end loaning cycle.

I will remember his words about RLC, I will write it down, and next season we will see how man of his word he is. Maybe what he means is that there will be another "academy day" next season - a whopping 15 minute cameo when we're leading 3-0 at home against league 2 side of course.

I like your optimism, maybe sometimes it's blind optimism, but I still like it. However, I myself tend to fall to facts and evidence when I want to analyze the real world. Zero evidence so far.

Doubt it. He may get the Ake role in COC games, but starting eleven? I wouldn't count on it if I was you. Wasn't somebody supposed to be an "important player" this season according to him from last season? I don't remember who it was, but I know this player got sold or loaned. Kalas maybe? Don't listen to Mourinho's words, and by his actions there is absolutely nothing to indicate that Lofty-Cheeks will not end up in a dead-end loaning cycle.

I will remember his words about RLC, I will write it down, and next season we will see how man of his word he is. Maybe what he means is that there will be another "academy day" next season - a whopping 15 minute cameo when we're leading 3-0 at home against league 2 side of course.

I like your optimism, maybe sometimes it's blind optimism, but I still like it. However, I myself tend to fall to facts and evidence when I want to analyze the real world. Zero evidence so far.

Hi friend!

Maybe now are options that are being constructed for the future, but I think Zouma it is a good hope. Is a real hope.

But the truth is that excepting Bayern or Barcelona, I do not remember many teams that have created great players from youth. For example, Real Madrid for over fifteen years has brought only Iker Casillas and Raul, the other players have been bought. Manchester United since Beckham, Butt, Scholes they do not have regained a good generation.

Each many yeards each team takes one or two young players, we for example only have John Terry. Right now it the football world is so globalized that it is difficult to use policies of young players.

It is true that I am very confident, perhaps too much, in our policy regarding of young players conducted by Jose, but I think Zouma / Hazard / Courtois or RLC are a hope. Although I am aware that we will continue by signing players for big money. Without money is impossible to compete in today's football.

It's sad, but it is practically impossible to lead a policy fully bet on of young players. Current Soccer live in a perfenente feeling of a brutal demand for immediacy. If Jose gamble everything for of young players, or just 2 or 3 players per season, I would not be here with us in case of bad results.

We're going to win two trophies this season than 4 and our season seems for some, not for me, a shit.

In today's football world does not exist the patience they need of young players excepting for players like Messi, Pogba, Varane...

Regards.

A little reminder

We played against City, psg this season that are considered top teams. We havent won any of 4 games, despite leading every time. The performances were bad too.

Even liverpool, united, spurs. We have won some games against them, but havent dominated single one.

Arsenal, Schalke are probably biggest wins of season, apart from liverpool extra time and spurs final.

Not exactly impressive.

It was the opposite last season, yet it's this season we are more likely to win the title.

Could it be that he did that to win the game in order to earn points to the EPL? Though it would be a shame if the league as a whole means more than our own team.

I doubt he really cares about that to be honest. As if playing 2-3 youngsters is going to weaken the team, especially in a dead rubber game against Sporting Lisbon. Let's not also forget that he talked so much about 'Academy Day' in the pre-match presser and in the end, only Loftus-Cheek played...for EIGHT freaking minutes! :doh:

Once we win the league I hope to god he releases himself from his shackles and grows some balls to drop consistently underperforming players and rely more on the hungry quality we have on the bench. Nobody can convince me that the likes of Filipe Luis, Schürrle, Salah, Cuadrado, Remy etc. are totally useless unless one of the untouchables is injured/suspended. As I said previously, I think they are/were absolutely devoid of confidence as a result of severe lack of playing time and distrust shown in them.

Case in point: Schürrle is actually a fantastic player, but he made one mistake against City that allowed Lampard to equalize and I think in that moment he was already subconsciously sold by Mourinho. Just like Salah, just like De Bruyne, just like Mata and so on. Cuadrado, Remy and Luis will lengthen that list if things don't change. However, then you look at the likes of Oscar, Ivanovic and Cahill and you wonder where the hell does such extreme favouritism come from. If some random benchies performed like they have a lot of times, I'm sure they'd be in reserves if it still existed.

That couldn't be more any more spot on. It's one of Mourinho's biggest issues this season - the lack of trust shown in certain players and his management of the squad. They've led to the lack of rotation and players suffering burnt out in 2015. Said this many times before and I'll say it again, Mourinho has one rule for one group of players and another for the other group.

Actually that is not a surprise, I knew from the moment we signed him that it would be this way. But I didn't realize it would be so extreme. Having said everything, I still love Jose and I don't want him ever to leave. I am willing to accept his quirks and methods because for me he's proper blue. I just wish if he's serious about staying long term, that he would run the team in a way that reflects that more. At the moment it feels more like he's at another club in a quest for quick success and it doesn't matter what comes after. I accept that, as long as it's a short term vision by him to get a monkey off his back. Even if it continues like that next season, I won't call for his head to be chopped off, but I will continue expressing my opinion and if that means criticizing, then so be it.

It's fine to criticize, I welcome such in depth discussions, but one thing that absolutely cannot happen is letting Jose go. It shouldn't enter anybody's mind, not so soon at least.

I do agree with that but I don't see that Jose is another one now , He said that in 2005 I guess I only play with the best 11 , he's doing the same thing almost every game . Actually I don't care who's gonna play next match or the other and who's getting bored on the bench , if the chosen 11 by Jose are winners , thats what matters .

because am sick of the other coaches and the points that we lost because of satisfying the bench all over the years after Jose .

Its not about with Jose or against , the fact is that he's the only winner and he could make a history if stayed for a long term .

I do agree with that but I don't see that Jose is another one now , He said that in 2005 I guess I only play with the best 11 , he's doing the same thing almost every game . Actually I don't care who's gonna play next match or the other and who's getting bored on the bench , if the chosen 11 by Jose are winners , thats what matters .

because am sick of the other coaches and the points that we lost because of satisfying the bench all over the years after Jose .

Its not about with Jose or against , the fact is that he's the only winner and he could make a history if stayed for a long term .

Unfortunately no such thing exists in a sport riddled with uncertainty and variables. players are always in and out of form, suffer injuries and in some cases takes time for them to rediscover form or never, tactical considerations in relation to the opponent and so on (some players suit certain games and certain opposition better than others).

Fatigue issue aside (which is a big factor) sticking to the same starting 11 most the time is never the best or most sensible approach. It also destroys team morale,causes dressing room unrest and creates rustiness in players who rarely play which explains why some of our squad players rarely perform well when called upon.

It also destroys team morale,causes dressing room unrest and creates rustiness in players who rarely play which explains why some of our squad players rarely perform well when called upon.

Nah mate, they were probably that shit in the first place :halo:

I know that some people like to explain to themselfs that Schurrle, Salah, KdB, now Cuadrado were basically that shit when they first joined. The question is why those scouts who recommended them didn't get fired already (or maybe it isn't their fault ?).

Unfortunately no such thing exists in a sport riddled with uncertainty and variables. players are always in and out of form, suffer injuries and in some cases takes time for them to rediscover form or never, tactical considerations in relation to the opponent and so on (some players suit certain games and certain opposition better than others).

Fatigue issue aside (which is a big factor) sticking to the same starting 11 most the time is never the best or most sensible approach. It also destroys team morale,causes dressing room unrest and creates rustiness in players who rarely play which explains why some of our squad players rarely perform well when called upon.

The point is that Jose since 2004/05 season which is the first season was using 16 players out of more than 25 in the squad , (fuck Arsenal just scored while am writing this post ) anyway I mean this is Jose and we all know that , for me its ok , I don't care about Salah or KDB or anyone else cuz Jose can build something or he really did build a great team 'till now .

Actually that is not a surprise, I knew from the moment we signed him that it would be this way. But I didn't realize it would be so extreme. Having said everything, I still love Jose and I don't want him ever to leave. I am willing to accept his quirks and methods because for me he's proper blue. I just wish if he's serious about staying long term, that he would run the team in a way that reflects that more. At the moment it feels more like he's at another club in a quest for quick success and it doesn't matter what comes after. I accept that, as long as it's a short term vision by him to get a monkey off his back. Even if it continues like that next season, I won't call for his head to be chopped off, but I will continue expressing my opinion and if that means criticizing, then so be it.

It's fine to criticize, I welcome such in depth discussions, but one thing that absolutely cannot happen is letting Jose go. It shouldn't enter anybody's mind, not so soon at least.

That's the problem really. We all knew beforehand about Mourinho and his untouchables but he's been incredibly stubborn with his team selection. Before the season started, he already formed pre-conceived notion on the players and he's not willing to change, especially on those who are not in the starting XI.

Nah mate, they were probably that shit in the first place :halo:

I know that some people like to explain to themselfs that Schurrle, Salah, KdB, now Cuadrado were basically that shit when they first joined. The question is why those scouts who recommended them didn't get fired already (or maybe it isn't their fault ?).

Buying Kdb, schurrle, salah was very profitable for us.

But we have to ask ourselves, are we buying players for resale or to actualy improve our team and them.

IMO right now club and manager are like we buy them, if they perform fine, if not we sell them for more.

While this is efficient to get money, we should put more trust, care and work to players we buy and the results will be better.

Wenger managed to do great job on Cockqelin and Bellerin, sad we cant do shit even with someone like Filipe Luir or Cuadrado, and I think Mou will never be able to bring out the best of them.

That's the problem really. We all knew beforehand about Mourinho and his untouchables but he's been incredibly stubborn with his team selection. Before the season started, he already formed pre-conceived notion on the players and he's not willing to change, especially on those who are not in the starting XI.

Tbf he probably had Zouma down as another Salah too before he came in and impressed. Other than that yh not much unexpected changes have been made, maybe some people were expecting Ivan to be dropped/move to CB once Felipe signed but it looks like that is not going to happen now.

Overall I think this season that is acceptable because he has to win the title to relive some pressure on himself. But from next season I am sure lot of other Blue fans also want to see him introduce MORE youngsters into the team to at least show he cares about the future and not just his personal glory in the short term.

A mate of mine was saying look at those Man City players crowding round the ref (Nasri should have been sent off) i bet the media won't say anything. But in truth with regards to the P.S.G. game you get the feeling that the crowding round the ref was preordained by Mourinho in the dressing room. I'm new to this forum and have to say i'm not a Mourinho fan his histrionics are tiresome and i wish he could make us more of an attacking force. There is no excuse for having all that talent at your disposal and yet making us an awful team to watch.