The Mourinho Thread

Definitely:

Sell Ramires, Mikel, Willian and Oscar.

Buy Kondogbia - Koke - Juan Mata - Messi.

Give minutes RLC.

REGENERATION!

WE have to change the style from top to bottom.

Jose showed that he can play different at the beginning of the season.

All were excited with this team for its outstanding performance in the first half of the season. It's time to bet on the game of quick passes with great physical intensity.

Regards to ALL.

Well we did similar with Sturridge, I remember people saying how great Fergie was with youth and we should follow his example with Cleverly and Welbeck conviently forgetting we did exactly the same for Danny.

If say Ake goes on loan like they did and proved his PL pedigree im sure he would come back to us and play.

He's already played in the Premier League with us two seasons ago and has proved he can cope with it. But whatever reason, Mourinho doesn't play him.

On Sturridge, we did send him out on loan but he wasn't our youth academy product, was he? And you only mentioned the players who came from the United academy in your previous post but suddenly brought up one that didn't come from our academy?

Tbh United and Fergie were living off the golden generation a bit.

The only players he really promoted from academy in after Fletcher in 2003 was Cleverly and Welbeck and that was only after they proved themselves on loan. Bar the Da Silva brother's no one was really promoted from scratch,.ie no prior first team experience.

I disagree. apart from the 92 class. These are list of youth that Fergie promoted into the first team and went on to nudge huge amount of games under their belt. Wes brown, Fletcher,Oshea,Cleverly, da silva twins and Welbeck.

And others like Gibson, Macheda et al were given opportunities but later moved on when it became clear they weren't good enough. If that's not impressive for an absolutely elite team with even bigger pressure to challenge for trophies than us then I don't know what is.

I asked to bring examples bar them two. Both of them are extraordinary talents that were brought in not exactly for small money. He's been in management for 15 years, so far we have only two very recent examples. Any more? I'm genuinely asking because I'm not that familiar in depth what he did outside of Chelsea.

Davide Santon at Inter Milan.

Giggs, Scholes, Neville came in at a different generation, that was before the money and popularity of the league. failure of youth adaption is more of a England issue, then specific clubs or managers for that matter.

In post-match interview Jose said he had full confidence that some of the individual defensive performances would return to normal soon. He was most likely alluding to Ivanovic and maybe Cahill. So no chance of them getting dropped, maybe except Cahill for a game or two.

Giggs, Scholes, Neville came in at a different generation, that was before the money and popularity of the league. failure of youth adaption is more of a England issue, then specific clubs or managers for that matter.

This is Mourinho thread and Mourinho managed like 1/3 of his managerial career in England. He had a problem in bringing youth whenever he has been.

Never mind coaching attacking football, I want to know why are we doing things that are very un-Mourinho.

- Our defence has gone to pieces in 2015 and yet nothing has changed. We've been making the same mistakes over and over and over again.

- For a side filled with tall and big physical players, we aren't scoring enough from set pieces. In fact, we can't even take a proper corner/free kick without hitting the first man! We need to study Atletico Madrid.

- Can't barely score from counter attacks despite having some quick players. Can't even remember the last time we scored from a counter!

Those aspects are usually the 3 strongest points of any Mourinho team and yet, we don't even resemble any of them right now.

This exactly. Weird