The Mourinho Thread

I am not Jose's biggest fan sometime as others know well but today I think he proved us and many 'pundits' wrong with his tactics. We didn't hold on for dear life at the end like a Wigan/Sunderland/Stoke...etc would have done, we won comfortably and could have been more if we really wanted with those late counter attacks.

I agree negative football is not good but sometime in a final it is necessary, in 2 months no one will care how we played today but this title will forever be in our memory and history. Saying that I don't like his tactic away from homes against big teams, but that is the debate for another day when we (inevitable repeat) it. For now lets enjoy this trophy that Jose has brought us against a good Spurs team who fucked us 2 months ago.

Can I just say, he got it absolutely spot on today, and Zouma in midfield was a stroke of genius.

Other managers, like Pep for example, get all the praise in the world for tactical "hipster moves" like playing a CM as a striker or a full back as holding midfield, but I thought that giving Zouma this role, in such a big game was a great example of effective pragmatism, and just pure genius. Deserves massive credit for it, imo.

Tbh I thought it looked a bad move until Terry's goal, after that it proves to work so well. Btw Pep get praises because his changes are really weird and not logical, Alaba CB in back 3, Gotze in CDM...etc while Jose's reputation for negative football and seemingly a defensive move causes people to complain imo.

I thought tactic was spot on too, even though before the game I wasn't.

Tbh I thought it looked a bad move until Terry's goal, after that it proves to work so well. Btw Pep get praises because his changes are really weird and not logical, Alaba CB in back 3, Gotze in CDM...etc while Jose's reputation for negative football and seemingly a defensive move causes people to complain imo.

I thought tactic was spot on too, even though before the game I wasn't.

The thing is, it wasn't particularly a negative defensive choice from Jose. People before the match predicted that he might play Cahill or Zouma in midfield...and I think they were wrong! Because we did not by any stretch of the imagination "park the bus" or play with 3 CBs.

I think, and this was more obvious in the first half but happened in the second as well, just as the decision to play Zouma in midfield was for defensive reasons of winning first balls in midfield (which we all know neither Cesc or Rami can do) it was also just as much for offensive reasons. Whenever our CBs had the ball at their feet (not on counters) Zouma moved past Cesc and Ramires and played almost as the #10 to provide the long ball option for them which was an issue for us at WHL.

He very much played the "Fellaini role" which I thought was very unpredictable and is only logical in retrospective. Also motivated by necessity and pragmatism rather than for the sake of "creativity".

Been on this forum for years, can't believe i am still suprised by these childish replays.

Let me remained you this i watch football to be entertained, and i hope all of you do the same because it is only rational reason to watch compitition sports. A football club responsibility is to entertain their fans, because this is why we pay them with our time and money. This is an unequivalent truth that no one should forget. Forgeting this is like a a public company shareholder forgeting that the company unequivalent responsibility is to them.

We beated a mid-table team, while playing a small team tactic. Simple down to the truth.

lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-350

The most pleasing difference was that we went for the second goal. It duly arrived, we had good counter attacking opportunities and we limited Spurs to very few chances. Bravo, Jose!

He knows how to set up counterattacks, he never lost it. Just needs to do it in more matches so our players get used to it and make our counters more fluid with better understanding.

fail - Cahill did play in the back & it's safe to say Jose proved us all wrong today w/ his starting 11

Cahill by the usual self starting lineup would have cost us. Thank god that mourinho put zouma to help with the defense.

Was nice to see him and Faria after the match. He has gone quite a long time without trophies and finally he's at it again. I also liked his post-match interview. José is definitely building something big right here and it's very enjoyable to be a Chelsea fan at the moment. Finally we are in a stable condition with a long-term manager.

I think this won't be the last trophy for this season. Cmon Chels!

Been on this forum for years, can't believe i am still suprised by these childish replays.

Let me remained you this i watch football to be entertained, and i hope all of you do the same because it is only rational reason to watch compitition sports. A football club responsibility is to entertain their fans, because this is why we pay them with our time and money. This is an unequivalent truth that no one should forget. Forgeting this is like a a public company shareholder forgeting that the company unequivalent responsibility is to them.

We beated a mid-table team, while playing a small team tactic. Simple down to the truth.

Weird, I thought the main point was to win? I follow Chelsea because i love the club. I don't care how we win trophies, as long as we win them. Arsenal play nice football, as do City. Look where they are. Did you enjoy our CL win?

So happy to see the man lift that cup today, you can easily see how much it meant to him. A trophy is a trophy to this man and he didn't lift one for nearly 3 years; it must've felt like an eternity to such a successful and hungry man.

Here's to José lifting the big one in May! He'll go ballistic, can't wait! :D

By the way, it's perfectly clear what you're saying, which is what counts after all, but your post does contain a couple of typos which I thought I'd mention in case that's helpful.

What should be the word unequivocal, has come out as, unequivalent, and what should be the word beat has appeared as beated.