test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Who will be the next Chelsea manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   246 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,322 posts in this topic

Ahh It's about time this thread got un-locked. Having a quick think about what which manager I'd trust to come in with fresh new ideas and could potentially match-up with the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho and Pochettino. 

Dream Scenario: Chelsea mortgage the entire Farm and bring in Mauricio Pochettino. 

Realistic Scenario: Tuchel, Allegri, or Leonardo Jardim. That should be the shortlist. Nobody else. Simeone, Luis Enrique, Ancelotti or Roman's friend Slutsky should be nowhere near the Board's mind. 

Here we go again with this fucking bullshit.

Just give the manager job to Marina, with her unparalleled negotiating skills she can talk any ref into giving us the win. And even if we need to bribe, i bet she can low-ball them to get the best price around.

Fucking stupid board.

zekinjo likes this

I can't believe Roman Abramovich is accepting failure.

We lost at home 3-0 to Bournemouth and let Watford score 4 against us.

The only coach who would possibly get any results with this squad is Simeone. There's no point in getting an attacking coach because all of them will need better players which our board can't provide.

13 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

The only coach who would possibly get any results with this squad is Simeone. There's no point in getting an attacking coach because all of them will need better players which our board can't provide.

what about Diego Simeone English and how good is his English Communication Skills or what point is it in bringing in great managers when the board won't give him the players he wants. 

3 minutes ago, KevinAshburner said:

what about Diego Simeone English and how good is his English Communication Skills or what point is it in bringing in great managers when the board won't give him the players he wants. 

I really don't know about his English...

Simeone is someone who gets the best out of average players..

What if we had Guardiola with this team? He would be a massive failure as he was for City last season. There's no way we will give any coach so much money!

5 hours ago, Jason said:

One fella who hasn't been mentioned...Leonid Slutsky.

for good reason, we don't want hull city rejects

14 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Ahh It's about time this thread got un-locked. Having a quick think about what which manager I'd trust to come in with fresh new ideas and could potentially match-up with the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho and Pochettino. 

Dream Scenario: Chelsea mortgage the entire Farm and bring in Mauricio Pochettino. 

Realistic Scenario: Tuchel, Allegri, or Leonardo Jardim. That should be the shortlist. Nobody else. Simeone, Luis Enrique, Ancelotti or Roman's friend Slutsky should be nowhere near the Board's mind. 

Pochettino is a great coach but I'm concerned about how he hasn't won any trophies in England. Every manager we've had since AVB has won trophies. Di Matteo, Benitez, Mourinho (never counted Hiddink, because whats the point), Conte.... I think even if Conte doesn't get sacked (would be an idiotic move) and still wins an FA cup or something as well as securing top 4 status then the season isn't too bad. Pochettino if he had an appetite to win trophies, the smaller ones which he continually write off, then yes he'd be perfect but the thing is here, we want to win everything we are in, CL, FA cup, Carabao Cup, Community Shield and whatever. Hes very much a double ended sword, yes we will improve maybe, young players will get more of a chance but hes never worked in such a high pressure environment where he isn't always going to get his own way (lets be honest not going to change anytime soon) but he could come here, do great but ultimately win fuck all and get sacked again, look at Ancelotti when he won the double for instance, year later out for finishing 2nd. How many years have Spurs actually gone to the wire for the title? The year Leicester won it? When Spurs and Arsenal both bottled it? 

Tuchel no thanks. Allegri, maybe but again not overly convinced hes an excellent coach, Jardim is very much still unproven for me as well despite what Monaco did last season. Simeone is a top level coach, hes very much like Mourinho and Conte though in terms of style and the fans and squad might fancy a change who knows? Luis Enrique wants full control of transfers which he wont get so he wont be coming, plus again I'm not entirely sure he'd really want to come here anyway as well as the fact I'm not sure he'd be a success here. Plus his Barca team were also quite counter attack orientated as well, which annoyed Barca fans, which people already complain about here. Slutsky no way in hell, not even Roman is that stupid.

There we go again the fans turning their head against Conte in an instant.

And then you moan about trust, faith and hope for longterm projects :lol:

You realize that if we appointed someone for actualy long time with more transfer control it would probably take a whole bad season or two before it gets good and you cant live with Conte after a bad month.

Irony.

The season wasnt bad as some pointed out till january. Then the players started to miss absolute sitters and defenders ridiculous mistakes in defence. There is little Conte can do when you see Morata miss 10 clear chances and Cahill, Rudiger, Luiz, heck even Azpi leaving acress of space for opponents.

Conte made some terrible terrible decisions yes, but the players are beyond patethic in the most simpliest footballing things like passing. Have you seen how shit our short passing was recent games? Championship players have better organisation and composure. Fucking Jaanmat showed more attacking skill and composure than our whole attacking line.

Hopefuly the board wont sack Conte, we have to get together against Barca and hope for miracle that might also insipre the team to end PL on high and secure top 4. With new coach we face disaster against Barca given there is so little time and then we could see same old crap in PL.

You even realize how little options of quality coaches are there right now? Maybe in summer we could try Sarri, Allegri etc. but no one good is available right now.

This shit reminds me of Costa situation, when there was NO SINGLE BETTER striker available BUT we still decided to ship him out and so did the fans just because they felt insulted by Diego and the neighbour grass is always greener, so why not sell Costa and do some Fifa and bring someone new just so that we bring someone new and then regret it later, realizing Costa was miles better striker than anything we have now.

But if the board does what they are good at and sack Conte, I hope we get Sarri in the end. The story will repeat in two seasons with these lot of players and board ambitions, but hell we will atleast play some attacking football.

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

There we go again the fans turning their head against Conte in an instant.

And then you moan about trust, faith and hope for longterm projects :lol:

You realize that if we appointed someone for actualy long time with more transfer control it would probably take a whole bad season or two before it gets good and you cant live with Conte after a bad month.

Irony.

The season wasnt bad as some pointed out till january. Then the players started to miss absolute sitters and defenders ridiculous mistakes in defence. There is little Conte can do when you see Morata miss 10 clear chances and Cahill, Rudiger, Luiz, heck even Azpi leaving acress of space for opponents.

Conte made some terrible terrible decisions yes, but the players are beyond patethic in the most simpliest footballing things like passing. Have you seen how shit our short passing was recent games? Championship players have better organisation and composure. Fucking Jaanmat showed more attacking skill and composure than our whole attacking line.

There's a difference between a teething problem struggle and the shit we have been served up since new year and well December too  (the results were still there at that point, but the warning signs were evident). 

Teething problem struggles would be Poch's first season at Spurs, Pep at City last season or if you want to look further back, Rijkaard's first season at Barca, all had inconsistent season's for various reason's but it was obvious to anyone with eyes that something special was being built (people can throw the no trophies thing at Poch, but if Conte is being branded a miracle worker for what he's done on our budget then the same should very much apply to Poch who's at a club with a transfer structure that makes ours look like PSG and City combined) and if we had a season like that with say Sarri next season i genuinely believe he will get the time he needs.

Look at us now, what is Conte actually building towards? Ok he didn't get his first choice targets, boo hoo he's not the first in football and won't be the last, we have a flawed squad but enough quality to have some sort of identity and structure, what is ours? Since new year we have totally broken down and Conte is doing nothing to change things up, it's the same failed and tired tactics over and over again and he's starting to look like Carlo in 10/11 (and if you told me last May i'd ever say that i would have laughed at you). Its like he's (like Carlo) expecting things to fall back into gear eventually because they use to work. 

You say Conte can do little about defensive errors, what about hard work on the training ground? Poch took on defenders who were making fools of themselves under Sherwood and made the best defensive unit in the league, Conte has had 18 months to work on our defense yet (as clearly evident last two matches) we have a 21 year old carrying our defense and when he doesn't play we are defensively as bad as Liverpool.

2018 under Antonio things have looked totally damaged and while it's easy to say it's only a month, when has a manager hit such a rut at any club and come out the other side? It's very rare and history suggests things are only going get worse not better so why cling on (look at how much damage United clinging on to LVG has caused), we are nowhere near a Jose 15/16 all time collapse but we are very much in Scolari, AVB and Carlo season 2 territortry right now.  It's a real shame it's come to this as i honestly would give him 9.5 for last season but last season has gone, history suggests things won't get better so why cling on? Get someone in, galvanize the group and maybe, just maybe give ourselves a chance of the FA Cup and the Barca match.

Strike and Blue-in-me-Veins like this