Oscar

themightyblue

It's a lost case for Oscar I'm afraid.

He did shine two seasons ago... and looked very promising. Since then he only dropped down. No improvement... bad decisions... Just looks like he's struggling most of the time!

I like him in the link up play with Mata & Hazard... but those days are over!

He just doesn't bring enough offensively! No creativity and a dreadful chance creation %!!!!

IMO we should replace him and wish him all the best in a new club (because I think in another team he could do well)!!

He did shine two seasons ago... and looked very promising. Since then he only dropped down. No improvement... bad decisions... Just looks like he's struggling most of the time!

He just doesn't bring enough offensively! No creativity and a dreadful chance creation %!!!!

IMO we should replace him and wish him all the best in a new club (because I think in another team he could do well)!!

When he first came to Chelsea under RDM, oscar really looked different than what he has become at Chelsea...

IMO, Oscar would do a lot better at a different club under different tactics, but, I still think Oscar is a key component to Mourinho's plan. People say pogba and koke, but neither are replacements under Jose's scheme...

When he first came to Chelsea under RDM, oscar really looked different than what he has become at Chelsea...

IMO, Oscar would do a lot better at a different club under different tactics, but, I still think Oscar is a key component to Mourinho's plan. People say pogba and koke, but neither are replacements under Jose's scheme...

Pogba might be if we get rid of Ramires and Mikel.

Oscar definitely hasn't developed the way we thought he would. But you gotta wonder, how much have all the matches he's played since 2011 (or 2012?) affected his physical and mental health? He's basically been playing football nonstop for the past few years without taking any break away from the game.

Oscar definitely hasn't developed the way we thought he would. But you gotta wonder, how much have all the matches he's played since 2011 (or 2012?) affected his physical and mental health? He's basically been playing football nonstop for the past few years without taking any break away from the game.

Exactly the reason he should've developed more. He had support from fans, Brazilian teammates, bunch of playtime in all competitions and with Jose, even his favorite position to play in. When you look at it, all boxes are ticked, only thing that's missing is his consistent performances.

His lack of creativity is what worries me the most, because if he's to play in CAM position he needs to be much more influential, otherwise we can change him with a quality box to box player, reduce workload on Cesc and use his creativity instead.

Same could be said for both Willian and Ramires as well for that matter... to think we bought three Brazilians and they all lack the skill, vision and ability - who would have thought that. The funny thing is Oscar is a year older than Countinho (if i'm correct) and just look at how much Countinho' improving season by season, Oscar is actually regressing and practically becomes useless in the months Nov to May.

They did lose 7-1 to Germany and its currently the crappiest Brazilian NT in my living memory.

He's really not good enough, lacking in technical ability, goals and vision to be a proper number 10. I was on board with the Oscar-Fabregas theory earlier in the season (that his workrate and filling in allows Cesc to flourish and go forward more) but it's BS, he looks so out of his depth it's unreal.

Same could be said for both Willian and Ramires as well for that matter... to think we bought three Brazilians and they all lack the skill, vision and ability - who would have thought that. The funny thing is Oscar is a year older than Countinho (if i'm correct) and just look at how much Countinho' improving season by season, Oscar is actually regressing and practically becomes useless in the months Nov to May.

How exactly has coutinho improved season by season?

How exactly has coutinho improved season by season?

Isnt it obvious?

Without using stats.. Because stats dont always tell the whole picture. Any Football fan who has kept an eye on Coutinho can see that he is getting better with every season he spends at Liverpool. He still has a long way to go before he reaches his full potential too.

Isnt it obvious?

Without using stats.. Because stats dont always tell the whole picture. Any Football fan who has kept an eye on Coutinho can see that he is getting better with every season he spends at Liverpool. He still has a long way to go before he reaches his full potential too.

What has coutinho really improved on? He was always a good passer in his u20 days.

His finishing was always a weakness and lack of physical ability. Coutinho was always fast and quick, a good dribbler and a good passer before liverpool, so I really don't understand where coutinho has improved.

I really never understood why people used coutinho as a upgrade to oscar.

What has coutinho really improved on? He was always a good passer in his u20 days.

His finishing was always a weakness and lack of physical ability. Coutinho was always fast and quick, a good dribbler and a good passer before liverpool, so I really don't understand where coutinho has improved.

Coutinho takes the game by the neck and is a constant threat. Oscar has 1 game and goes missing the next 3.

Coutinho takes the game by the neck and is a constant threat. Oscar has 1 game and goes missing the next 3.

But but but but but Coutinho can't tackle and does not track the goalkeeper

He's really not good enough, lacking in technical ability, goals and vision to be a proper number 10. I was on board with the Oscar-Fabregas theory earlier in the season (that his workrate and filling in allows Cesc to flourish and go forward more) but it's BS, he looks so out of his depth it's unreal.

I am not a fan of either Oscar or Willian, but to say that they lack skill is not fair IMO. Willian's ball control is immaculate. Both are capable of backheel assists and exceptional strikes and all that fancy bullshit you expect from Brazilians. They just don't do it effectively and on a consistent basis. They lack the determination and grit to impose themselves on a game, even if they have shown they can on occasions.

We somehow appear to draw the tooth from flashy players by having them work hard and defend instead of giving them attacking freedom. And rightly so. Nothing Willian or Oscar have ever done would warrant a team like Chelsea to play around them. But my question is why buy them in the first place? I always was against signing either of Willian or Oscar because i have never seen anything special in them. In the last 2 years, we splashed out more than 100m on some of those average/decent attacking mids you find all over world football Eriksen, Roberto Firmino, Coutinho, Cazorla, Pedro, Callejon, Candreva, Walcott etc. That is what you can buy for 30m nowadays. Some might come out and say "what those players are much better than Oscar/Willian". Sure stick them into our system having to clean up for Fabregas and Ivanovic and they will look as shit as them. What we need is either players who are so good they are defend for their lives and still score/assist loads or simply have our defenders do their job so we can afford attackers with an actual offensive output.

Those 100m+ on average AMs like Schürrle, Willian, Oscar, Cuadrdado should as well have been spent on some "defensive wingers" who might not have the skills of Willan but as much offensive output and defensive workrate like Milner e.g. and some actual quality players who get shit done. Reus and Alexis Sanchez for example. Both don't really have that much of a superior technique compared to Oscar/willian but they use it more adventurous. When willian dribbles he shifts in right, left, right again and then passes back to ivanovic. Also Oscar is usually to afraid to take on a player and when he has to he usually shits himself and makes a turnover. Reus, Alexis both produce at least as many turnovers or wasted shots as our dynamic duo but they actually try and whenever they fail they try again. When Willian tries a shot he usually rolls it straight at the goalkeeper with the inside of his boot instead putting his foot through it. Both have shown that they can take on players and score great goals but they just lack the attitude to fulfill their potential. IMO it is the coach's job to instill hunger and believe into players instead of making them willing watch dogs. But it is also the players fault of being tamed and castratedd by a few tactical instructions

People are using Coutinho as an upgrade to Oscar because his skill-set is perfect for the No.10 role

Oscar's skill-set is what you look for in a central midfielder but unfortunately, he's not strong enough to play that position