Oscar

themightyblue

No offence but think people are overly optimistic if they believe the likes of Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG etc would want to buy Oscar. We have been moaning for ages about his deficiencies and weaknesses and suddenly people think others would be interested in him? Pretty sure those big clubs are not blind and can see the problems with him as well.

I think Juve could go after him if they lose Pogba. He has age on his side to improve and become more consistent.

No offence but think people are overly optimistic if they believe the likes of Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG etc would want to buy Oscar. We have been moaning for ages about his deficiencies and weaknesses and suddenly people think others would be interested in him? Pretty sure those big clubs are not blind and can see the problems with him as well.

Real Madrid was after Oscar when he was in brazil as was barcelona.

Psg was after him and hazard last season.

Juventus might be after him this season.

But to be honest Oscar was playing better back then. He's improved a bit defensively but seems to have regressed in every other department. Most people have short memories but he used to outperform Neymar regularly in our NT. And I don't mean like in 1 game every 5, but really all the time. He used to be the best player in the team by far. He's never played to that level with us but he's never been this far from his best level either. Not even when he had just got promoted to São Paulo's first team. And he doesn't even have those kind of performances for the NT anymore. Also, every time he takes a dip in performance at one point in the season his good performance level becomes actually a performance when he didn't play like shit, not when he's actually played well. In his first season with us I can even remember a few times when he dribbled past several players, now he can't even seem to control the ball. It's almost like he's turned into another player. Baffling.

Just for comparison, some highlights from Oscar from the times of his first season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srPfezr8Ni0

2:16, for example, he has a good first touch in a difficult ball, dribbles past his marker and scores. Now I'd struggle to see him showcasing a single one of those skills, never mind all three of them in the same play.

Maybe other teams believe that Oscar would be a good fit into their tactical system?

Yeah, right. Oscar does not have the necessary skills to play for other elite teams. He would struggle to even make the bench.

Let's not make him some substandard pub-player. Our system of play is specific in that our players endures more of individual duels. Especially against bigger teams our offensive players, through our approach, are isolated to very big extent. Just look how Diego Costa can't cope with it, Salah, Schurrle, Fabregas I think it will be the same with Cuadrado. Oscar of course too. Our system just require a fantastic individual skills to keep the ball from such a huge pressure every time, only Hazard possess that skills and Willian to some extend. That's why I would like to upgrade from Oscar to some brilliant technique and strong on his feet type who would cope with that demands. Koke for example.

Oscar is good/very good player. He has 50 caps already for Brazil at the age of 23. That alone can fetch big sum. Personally think that he would fit in many teams. Unfortunately, he doesn't possess pressing resistant technique so he always will struggle with our approach against bigger teams.

He would thrive in other league and in other team. Juventus for example. Hell, I think even in Bayern when he could use his intelligence, Pep would figure out how to fits him into the system. He has many skill sets which are very good.

Also winter breaks would do him good.

Prediction for the future.

Oscar goes to another league.

Scores 10 goals and gets 20 assists.

People come back to this thread and moan about how crap of a manager Mourinho is.

Rinse and repeat for any underachieving player currently in our squad.

If that's the case, so be it and good for him. It's not like he didn't receive enough chances here. He was the only attacking mid who played in his strongest position and got a lot of chances despite under performing. Schurrle never had a run in LW with our strongest team, Mata didn't get chances at 10 cause that position was granted to Oscar. Salah and KDB barely had any playing time.

Willian isn't getting a chance at a position(s) that suits him better either.

LAM09, on 15 Mar 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

I think Juve could go after him if they lose Pogba. He has age on his side to improve and become more consistent.

If that really was the case, we wouldn't be sitting here right now and talking about selling Oscar.

Oscar, on 15 Mar 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

Like you said, 'was'. Anyone who has watched Oscar in the 3 years here will know that he will give a few good performances in the first half of the season and then go AWOL in the second. He's done nothing really 'WOW' in recent times to suggest a big club would want to get him. Otherwise, we wouldn't be talking about selling him right now.

Reddish-Blue, on 15 Mar 2015 - 2:36 PM, said:

Maybe other teams believe that Oscar would be a good fit into their tactical system?

Just like us, think they would want a player who can fit into a tactical system but also produce the goods in the final third.

Blue Colored Sky, on 15 Mar 2015 - 4:47 PM, said:

Let's not make him some substandard pub-player. Our system of play is specific in that our players endures more of individual duels. Especially against bigger teams our offensive players, through our approach, are isolated to very big extent. Just look how Diego Costa can't cope with it, Salah, Schurrle, Fabregas I think it will be the same with Cuadrado. Oscar of course too. Our system just require a fantastic individual skills to keep the ball from such a huge pressure every time, only Hazard possess that skills and Willian to some extend. That's why I would like to upgrade from Oscar to some brilliant technique and strong on his feet type who would cope with that demands. Koke for example.

Oscar is good/very good player. He has 50 caps already for Brazil at the age of 23. That alone can fetch big sum. Personally think that he would fit in many teams. Unfortunately, he doesn't possess pressing resistant technique so he always will struggle with our approach against bigger teams.

He would thrive in other league and in other team. Juventus for example. Hell, I think even in Bayern when he could use his intelligence, Pep would figure out how to fits him into the system. He has many skill sets which are very good.

Also winter breaks would do him good.

I'm not making him a substandard player by any means. Am only judging him on the performances he has given us since 2012. You can point to the tactical side of things but that can't be used as an excuse for his inability to - play simple 5-10 yards passes, pick out teammates inside the box, control the ball properly and not ruin our attacks etc.

Non taken.

I agree with you, PSG, Real, Bayern and Barca won't be interested. But I doubt Juve is in that group. They still remember how he kicked their ass in the CL few seasons ago, and after seeing Salah eat lighting and crapping thunder, they will sniff around for sure. Pirlo is 35, Marchisio 29, Pogba and Vidal could leave...they could use a midfielder. If I was in their position, and Pogba was looking to leave, and would focus my effort in trying to steal Oscar from Chelsea and still earn some money, simple as that.

Mou's stubbornness for keep playing Oscar can cost us so badly, he does nothing on the pitch and is useless when he touch the ball. He vacants a spot where we can use Ramires to help Cesc and Matic out.