test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

30. David Luiz

Started by BlueLion.,

7,694 posts in this topic
21 hours ago, Stats said:
He is injured. I am sure if he was fit, Conte would see sense and realise we could do with his experience and presence on the pitch.

He wasn't a started when fit not so long ago. Say anything to displease Conte & you face being pushed out. Hope Luiz stays whilst the former is gone ASAP.

21 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:
Really? He is for me but he’s made a lot of mistakes recently, he should have been taken out of the 11 yes but there’s no doubts in my mind that he’s ready to play here.

He's making mistakes on a regular basis and it's totally unacceptable at this level. Can go unnoticed at a middle table German team but not Prem champions. I don't know if this has been the case from the start of the season which went noticed as results followed or something that has crept into his game in 2018.

Ake was slated for the same thing and was deemed "not good enough". Both are in the same bracket for me; potential to be starters but aren't ready yet. Someone like Luiz should certainly be ahead of him as things stand (I know he's injured right now).

Amblève. likes this

Certainly missing his leadership in the team. The “risk” of playing Luiz means naff all these days since we make defensive mistakes all over the gaff all the time. Wish he was fit. 

We miss him in big games especially. 

On 02/04/2018 at 11:54 PM, The Skipper said:

Certainly missing his leadership in the team. The “risk” of playing Luiz means naff all these days since we make defensive mistakes all over the gaff all the time. Wish he was fit. 

Bang on. Certainly the biggest personality we have at the club now.

tough call because i really rate AC. Wonder if we could have a back 3 of Luiz AC Azpi

The Skipper likes this

On 4/3/2018 at 0:54 AM, The Skipper said:

I like Luiz alot, he has great character as you said and it shows on pitch. He offers somethig else when he plays. 

But we have to start looking longterm. We will hopefuly ditch 3 at the back this summer and go back to standard 4:3:3. 

Luiz has simply no place in regular 4 at the back, neither should we bench AC if we stick to 3 CBs. And IMO Christensen with Luiz isnt good choice either. 

Its difficult situation because Luiz is big big character, but he simply doesnt fit in first 11 after AC impressing. 

Idealy he would be kept as backup and someone to motivate in locker room, but then again, we would still lack his character on pitch. Maybe next manager improves him again, the chances are slim though. 

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I like Luiz alot, he has great character as you said and it shows on pitch. He offers somethig else when he plays. 

But we have to start looking longterm. We will hopefuly ditch 3 at the back this summer and go back to standard 4:3:3. 

Luiz has simply no place in regular 4 at the back, neither should we bench AC if we stick to 3 CBs. And IMO Christensen with Luiz isnt good choice either. 

Its difficult situation because Luiz is big big character, but he simply doesnt fit in first 11 after AC impressing. 

Idealy he would be kept as backup and someone to motivate in locker room, but then again, we would still lack his character on pitch. Maybe next manager improves him again, the chances are slim though. 

I’m talking this season strictly tbf. 

BlueLyon likes this

On 4/6/2018 at 7:08 AM, BlueLyon said:

To me the 3 at the back formation is the best thing and the worst thing that Conte brought to the club...

Best because of the obvious reasons..

Bad because we've stockpiled on players suited to this formation., and also because we seem stuck with it, unable to revert to any traditional 4 at the back formations to yield any success.

To me, this is the biggest cause of concern at the moment. It might have been a better situation if we had smart, skilled wingbacks on both sides but that's not the case. We are suspect defensively and playing with a handicap in terms of attacking options.

El P. likes this

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

To me the 3 at the back formation is the best thing and the worst thing that Conte brought to the club...

Best because of the obvious reasons..

Bad because we've stockpiled on players suited to this formation., and also because we seem stuck with it, unable to revert to any traditional 4 at the back formations to yield any success.

To me, this is the biggest cause of concern at the moment. It might have been a better situation if we had smart, skilled wingbacks on both sides but that's not the case. We are suspect defensively and playing with a handicap in terms of attacking options.

If we go in 4:3:3 next season, we need 3-4 players to make it happen, ie LB (Bertrand), 1-2 CMs and new RW (Bailey). Something that is absolutely possible.

If we want to stick with current formation, we need two new wingbacks because lets be honest, those we have are not good enough (Alonso is quality, but he is simply too slow and IMO that slows down whole team), we need RW and CM.

So its quite similar, but the board needs to make a decision. Personaly I would go back to 4 atb, because more coaches are suited for it and secondly, 4 atb is the way to go in CL.

Also, despite we won the league last season, we were bullied by Spurs in both games. The midfield was piss. Thats why we need to have 3 midfielders (4:3:3). We could also play 3:5.2, but that means one less winger. I dont like we would have body less in attack, so I would simply move back to 4:3:3

Thankfuly, all coaches we were linked were more of a 4ATB fans.

22 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If we go in 4:3:3 next season, we need 3-4 players to make it happen, ie LB (Bertrand), 1-2 CMs and new RW (Bailey). Something that is absolutely possible.

If we want to stick with current formation, we need two new wingbacks because lets be honest, those we have are not good enough (Alonso is quality, but he is simply too slow and IMO that slows down whole team), we need RW and CM.

So its quite similar, but the board needs to make a decision. Personaly I would go back to 4 atb, because more coaches are suited for it and secondly, 4 atb is the way to go in CL.

Also, despite we won the league last season, we were bullied by Spurs in both games. The midfield was piss. Thats why we need to have 3 midfielders (4:3:3). We could also play 3:5.2, but that means one less winger. I dont like we would have body less in attack, so I would simply move back to 4:3:3

Thankfuly, all coaches we were linked were more of a 4ATB fans.

Yeah good full-backs are a must.

Luke Shaw would be a good pick considering our options (or lack of options due to the CL spots). Not sure if Mourinho/Utd would be kind enough to return the favor we did with Matic,

14 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Yeah good full-backs are a must.

Luke Shaw would be a good pick considering our options (or lack of options due to the CL spots). Not sure if Mourinho/Utd would be kind enough to return the favor we did with Matic,

He'll probably ask for Willian in return somehow.

What does another one mean? I think it was obvious the relationship between Luiz and Conte was damaged during the season and he was not actually that badly hurt. He may have been in some pain, but certainly not an injury that kept him out for the remainder of the season.

I'm more surprised by Willian's comments tbf.