Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is basicaly yaya toure, just 10 years younger.

He is not yet this good, but he will be eventualy better.

If you rate Yaya and understand his role in team, you know what Pogba can give to this team.

I would take him in second. He isnt DM, but he makes fantastic b2b and would slot here instead of Oscar perfectly.

Yaya Toure's only big advantage on other CMs is his goals and attacking game, he can't defend too good, he's lazy and not consistent as a DLP. I rate Yaya lower than the very best in the last few years like Alonso, Xabi, Schweinsteiger. And Pogba isnt as good as Yaya as an offensive player, not even close when it comes to scoring goals.

Too be a part of the best Pogba needs to improve his playmaking skills, his defending, his regular contribution. I dont think it could happen in the current system Juve plays. They play with 3-4 CMs when Pogba has a limited role besides better players like Pirlo and Vidal, and i dont think he can grow this way. He needs to play in a 2-3 midfield to have some more responsibilities.

I think Pogba is the kind of players that Youtube does further damage. If you see a YouTube video about Pogba you only see many spectacular moves, but unnecessary to understand the style of play of a player.

Pogba is like Yaya Toure but with much more tactical sense, and I think he has greater collective responsibility.

I am going to put several videos (although it seems a joke, this is not a joke) Youtube in which a specific track on several important matches Pogba is made.

I remember one game in 2014 against Spain (the video was removed from youtube by emission rights) in which Pogba made a spectacular match. He similarly outsized in the pitch.

If we we signed Pogba us we would have a center of the spectacular countryside and practically perfect with Pogba - Fabregas - Matic, comparable only with Barcelona's midfield that won the European Cup in 2009 with Xavi - Busquets / Yaya Toure - Iniesta.

Pogba - Matic Busquets / Yaya Toure

Fabregas Xavi Iniesta

I think he has a very strong character, and only someone like Jose can make it one of the best players in the world. He has certain behaviors such Balotelli (I refer to certain aspects of their behavior), but his mind is totally different, he is very intelligent and has a great future but his head he can play a dirty trick.

If we signed him, Jose will have to mold the character of Pogba. But I'm sure he will never be like Balotelli.

Videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3hmdSS227c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhU2ul8cWiw

His goals and technical abilities makes him special, makes people talk about him, but not his overall game. For example this theard is almost exploded after every beautiful goal he scores. But what does he do so good besides that?

Far from being a world class CM, but he'll probably be some day, depends on the manager and his team (not sure Juve is the right team for him, when they play 3-4 CM's). I wouldnt rate his value for more than 40m euros right now.

Exactly. Yes, very good skills, pretty goals, but his overall game not convinced me at all. I see very much games of him, and big part of them are the same, some good action, some good skill, but his overall game is very regular. And that was most evident in big games.

Surely he will be one of the best in a future and for a good price is a great option, but when I hear prices like 70 or 75M, make laugh so much.

Yaya Toure's only big advantage on other CMs is his goals and attacking game, he can't defend too good, he's lazy and not consistent as a DLP. I rate Yaya lower than the very best in the last few years like Alonso, Xabi, Schweinsteiger. And Pogba isnt as good as Yaya as an offensive player, not even close when it comes to scoring goals.

Too be a part of the best Pogba needs to improve his playmaking skills, his defending, his regular contribution. I dont think it could happen in the current system Juve plays. They play with 3-4 CMs when Pogba has a limited role besides better players like Pirlo and Vidal, and i dont think he can grow this way. He needs to play in a 2-3 midfield to have some more responsibilities.

Just to say, he was better than Vidal this season. And that says alot. Plus he is 21. Where was Yaya at age 21? And Pogba was quite amazing at world cup too, he can be either very disciplined or given more free role. You cant compare experienced 32 years old Toure with Pogba who has whole career in front of him.

Have you seen Pogba play often ? Reading what you are saying about him (this post and the previous one), it seems you have not.

First of all, Vidal and Marchisio are not better players than Pogba. It can be argued than Pirlo is better, but they are two very different players and Pirlo has 15 more years of experience than Paul. Ask any Juventus fan who is the best player of their team, most of them will answer Pogba without a second of hesitation. They don't think at all Pogba has a limited role because of Vidal and Pirlo... His "regular contribution" is more than enough for them and he's been the most consistent player of Juve despite being the youngest, if you consider the grades La Gazzeta dello Sporte gave him since the beginning of the season.

Besides Pogba has played many times in a different system than Juve's, mainly as a box-to-box CM in a 4-3-3 for France U-20 (world champions and MVP of the U20 World Cup) and France A, of which he has been the best player for the great majority of the matches he has played so far under Didier Deschamps. So your argument is, imo, invalid.

Pogba has it all. Physically, tactically, technically, mentally.

He's a naturally gifted dribbler, already worldclass in that skill at such a young age.

His passing is already on the verge of being worldclass, if not already. His link-up play is excellent, and long-range passing is top of the charts. He has great vision, way better than Yaya Toure and Oscar's. He will improve his playmaking skills, because he is so young, but in no way he "needs" to improve them. He's already among the 10 (to be large) best deep lying playmakers of the world. And among the 10 best in the world, only Fabregas can stand the level comparison if we remind how they were at Pogba's current age.

His shots are powerful, his finishing skills and composure in the final third are outstanding for a central midfield.

Pogba is the most exciting young player of the moment, and may well become one the best central midfield of the history of football.

Clearly the best buy Chelsea can make this summer.

Pogba - Matic / Willian (or Reus) - Fabregas - Hazard would be a tremendous midfield.

I have a question regarding Pogba. When Juventus Mutu ficho we denounce this signing and UEFA said Juventus had to pay us an amount of £ 15.60 million (20 million) for the signing and for each year that they will not pay us that amount of money, they'll be forced to pay £ 2.34 (€ 3 million) more per year and it's been four years since that sanction from UEFA to Juventus. So they owe us £ + 15.60 million (€ 12 million). The total amount is £ 24.96 (€ 32 million). I do not know if that sanction remains in effect, but if that sanction remains in effect if we have to seize that opportunity and give an amount of money in cash and forgive that debt to Juventus for us to sign Pogba.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/24587804

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2313662/Chelsea-taking-Juventus-FIFA-dispute-panel-Adrian-Mutu-compensation.html

I think we can agree with Juventus an appropriate amount and forget this legal issue.

Please, if anyone knows if this story is true or not, please confirm it to us. Thank You.

I'm from Romania so here is what I know about this thing.

As you already know, this matter has been taken to the court and the judges have found Adrian Mutu guilty. Not Juventus. So they have decided that Mutu must be the one to pay the money to Chelsea FC and not Juventus.

So this isn't Juventus' problem anymore. They owe nothing to Chelsea FC. Chelsea must deal with Adrian Mutu from now on.

Of course, there is now another process ongoing as Adrian Mutu chose to defend himself. And as you know, this kind of things could go on for a long, long time (up to even 15-20 years) until the court takes a final and irrevocable consent.

Even if the court would decide tomorrow that Adrian Mutu has to pay the money, it would be impossible. He doesn't have enough money, not even 30% of it.

Also another thing - there is this guy, Nicu Gheara. You are from Spain so you might have heard about him. If not, Google will come in handy. Unoficially, he is the king of Ibiza. He controlls everthing on that Island. He is friends with Messi, Cristiano, Pique, Shakira, Cesc, Puyol and many others. He is undoubtedly the most powerful Romanian alive and one of the most powerful man in Eastern Europe for sure. Even though he doesn't live in this part of the world. That classic type of mobster.

And he is also Adrian Mutu's godfather. His connections go deep into the Russian underworld and rumours say he is trying to cool things down with Roman Abramovich by himself and save Mutu from paying that money. If he didn't do this already, who knows...

Finally, to answer your question, no, Juventus owe Chelsea nothing. I'm afraid Chelsea would have to pay Juventus the exact amount they will be asking for Pogba.

His goals and technical abilities makes him special, makes people talk about him, but not his overall game. For example this theard is almost exploded after every beautiful goal he scores. But what does he do so good besides that?

Far from being a world class CM, but he'll probably be some day, depends on the manager and his team (not sure Juve is the right team for him, when they play 3-4 CM's). I wouldnt rate his value for more than 40m euros right now.

The great advantage of Yaya TOure is that he is the best box to box in the world, physically he is a beast, he can play well in the DM (like he did in Barcelona) but also can play if needed in the most advanced position of the midfield. Yaya is perfect, and so is Pogba.

Very, very, very complicated as I said.

That's an article from 2013. Things have changed a bit since then.

A couple of days ago a Romanian TV station called Adrian Mutu to interview him during a live show and he declined to go live and said that there is nothing to talk about football as he is not a football player anymore. He has decided to retire.

Nobody knew that because there was some news that he could go back to play for Fiorentina this season. Or go to India.

But the Romanian journalists have made some digging in the last few days and found out that there is a possibility in which he could be saved from paying that money to Chelsea FC if he is not an active football player anymore.

Things are way too complicated I'm afraid...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You