Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I am disappointed that City catched up to us. Less so that Lampard is scoring a few for them that matter.

Lets not go all Arsenal here, curse and say obsceneties while burning shirts haha

Frank Lampard is probably the biggest reason I started supporting Chelsea when I was a boy. Great role model for the kids. Will have my respect even though he is at City.

@Jason Actually Niclas is kinda right. Lampard's goal vs us gave City a point while taking 2 off of us. Lampard's goal cost us 3 points gap wise with City.

So without Lampard's goals there would have been a 7 point gap now between us and City.

Not disputing that but was looking from the perspective of City only, not delving into who they got the points from.

Lampard reminds me of Cristiano.

Both arent really good all around players for their position, but both have an eye for goal.

Lampard is a better finisher though, but Cristiano is the more prolific one.

At City, lampard is essentially playing second striker which is really his prime position and his best position.

Its funny how some here are dancing around the real issue. Yes he might've been written off by Jose and the club didn't offer him a contract extension but him disrespecting the fans and joining our only rival for the title can not be rationally justified.

Your post has made me break my decision not to post again.

Ok - Chelsea ditched Frank. WHERE IS OUR CLASS IN THIS???

I think Frank is acting in EXACTLY the way somebody does when they have been scorned.

To me this feels like when you split up with a woman - 3 weeks later you see them out in the club, they have lost tons of weight, have a new wardrobe and new hair nails etc and you think fuck - why did we split up!

To me that's the only anology here - yes the analogy is akin to your ex shagging your enemy, or your mate - but if you hadn't dumped them, they wouldn't be available to do this to you. And that's the point - we let a situation happen, and now don't like the situation - BUT we could have controlled the situation and didn't.

So I'm not going to blame Frank. I actually hope we as a club learn something from this!

One other thing. You are Frank, told you are no longer needed and then they bring back Didier - how's that going to make you feel - yeah pretty fucking angry right.

"I'd never play for another Premier League club" - lie.
"I want to make New York City a team that New Yorkers are proud of. And I will do my best to do that" - lie.
"It is a privilege to be able to help make history here in New York City - I just can’t wait to get started and be part of it" - lie.
"I joined City to stay fit before starting in the States" - lie.
Even this "loan" from NYCFC to MCFC was lie, because it never was a loan. He signed contract with Man City as a free agent.
As Frank said, he had 16 offers, but HE choose Manchester City.
He lied to all the New Yorkers who purchased the 11000 season tickets. He lied to Chelsea fans by going to another Premier League club. Why are you so sure that his words about Chelsea didn't offer him any contract has not been another lie?
He remains one of the greatest players in the club's history, but, as a person, he has disappointed many.

Because people believe what they want to believe for sentimental reasons. Taking Lampard, a man who has been proven to be a liar and manipulator's words over the media, the club and jose's suits their agenda of supporting and defending "super frank lampard" no matter what.

That's the only thing they have left to defend him now that the other excuses such as he signed for fitness reasons, He signed for NYFC and not City etc has become voided. Even the myth that his impact with City will be absolutely insignificant and will have no effect on our title chances has been busted.

Just imagine Lampard lifting up the cup for City...urgh.

You can hate on Gerrard, but at least he is a true loyal soldier. Lampard should have done the same. he has won EVERYTHING in his career. no urgency for him to prove once again, that he is one of the best. there is even talk now that we will stay with City for the next season too. if ture, embarassing for Lampard. Cant understand people who are supporting him. He had 17!!! offers to choose from. surely there were enough good ones for him.

I said this and I'll say this again: The moment he went to Man City, that was the moment I knew he was NEVER a blue.

You cannot explain at all why an all time "legend" would want to join a direct rival and ruin Chelsea's title hopes. That's like Batman was our loving hero in the past protecting our city, now suddenly our super villain destroying our city.

If Chelsea "let him go" (which I don't believe because Lampard is a big ass liar) you should have the "professionalism" to go a non-direct rival club, regardless of what the CFC board did. He went to City for revenge? What is he, a 10 year old?

He KNEW he was the face of Chelsea. He KNEW he was going to be a super legend like Thierry Henry and Gerrard. And he threw that ALL away. For what? "because the board wanted to let me go?" What about US fans Frank? Didn't you think of US? Or we were never important to you?

Please NO statue for this b*****d. The more I talk about him, the more angry I get.

Actually professionalism is what he's doing now....

"I'd never play for another Premier League club" - lie.

"I want to make New York City a team that New Yorkers are proud of. And I will do my best to do that" - lie.

"It is a privilege to be able to help make history here in New York City - I just can’t wait to get started and be part of it" - lie.

"I joined City to stay fit before starting in the States" - lie.

Even this "loan" from NYCFC to MCFC was lie, because it never was a loan. He signed contract with Man City as a free agent.

As Frank said, he had 16 offers, but HE choose Manchester City.

He lied to all the New Yorkers who purchased the 11000 season tickets. He lied to Chelsea fans by going to another Premier League club. Why are you so sure that his words about Chelsea didn't offer him any contract has not been another lie?

He remains one of the greatest players in the club's history, but, as a person, he has disappointed many.

Fabregas said same.....forget it, its football. He was never a one club player....gerrard, le tissier, giggs, scholes, etc are and that's why they are legends. He loves Chelsea and you can tell something must have pissed him off to city....same as tevez for man united!

This thread has turned embarrassing, if City win the League it's not cause of Lamps but rather it's down to us bottling it.

Fact is I will remember Frank for what he has done at the club and mind you he has done more than any midfielder in England. If a 36 year old brings City the title - it says more things about us than it does about Frank Lampard. I understand fans are fickle and put players on pedestals for some reason but in the end I hope you guys get over it when Lamps retires.

People are upset because this decision to extend his loan deal essentially proves he knew he was going to sign for City. That doesn't mean people are forgetting what Lampard has done for this club, but it means his image is tarnished because he has purposefully chosen to move to City. It isn't a case of him being forced to stay at City, at the expiration of his loan deal he could have moved to New York - or he could even have done the loyal thing and gone there in the summer. But he signed for them knowing he'd be sent somewhere for training and match purposes, and he signed for a club owned by Man City. Where did he think they'd send him, Rubin Kazan? He knew exactly what he was doing, and that's what hurts.

and the despicable lies