Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I doubt it very much - New York is literally the closest and easiest destination for him, he doesn't look like he wants to leave the UK and who can blame him.

If we would have offered him a contract - he'd still be here - maybe scoring goals from our bench

For me the key argument is - we didn't want him - the rest is just emotional bollox.

We made the choice - now we live with it.

As others have said - if we lose the title, that's our fault nobody else's.

who said we didnt offer him a contract?

perhaps he was demanding to much , cant imagine that the club didnt offer him a fair contract considering his age.

I dont believe these " we didnt want him " comments at all, to me it was much more about the numbers in the contract than the contract itself.

Chelsea respects its legends, the living proof of that is here at the club, we didnt had to take didier back but still we did and im quite sure the club wanted the same for lamps.

"I'm going to carry on playing and although I can't confirm at this stage where that will be, I can say it will be somewhere that means I won't be playing for a competing club and will not therefore be lining up against Liverpool - that is something I could never contemplate."

- Gerrard

And what a shame that it's most likely true.

Don't jump the gun, Lampard said similar things.

Lampard said something similar when gave him what he wanted, a nice fat contract, not directly after he left Chelsea - difference. It appears Lampard will only say what everyone wants to hear, be it to us or NYC fans, it doesn't matter as long as he gets the spotlight and his payday.

What's funny is the people who're still somehow living in denial professing they don't want to dictate the opposite opinion, but still keep doing just that with veiled holier-than-thou, high horse comments. It's cool whatever you think of all this lads, just get over yourselves; you're nothing special.

Don't jump the gun, Lampard said similar things.

Lampard: "There were a couple of opportunities to stay here [in the Premier League] but I can’t imagine playing for anyone else after being 12 years at Chelsea. I’ve got a lot of respect for a lot of other Premier League clubs, particularly the top ones, but I'm not sure I could have done that."

Gerrard: 'I won't be playing for a competing club and will not therefore be lining up against Liverpool'.

The tone which Lampard uses is quite telling - 'I'm not sure....' Doesn't sound very definite to me and it suggests he never really ruled out playing for another PL team. Gerrard seems a hell of a lot more certain.

Lampard: "There were a couple of opportunities to stay here [in the Premier League] but I can’t imagine playing for anyone else after being 12 years at Chelsea. I’ve got a lot of respect for a lot of other Premier League clubs, particularly the top ones, but I'm not sure I could have done that."

Gerrard: 'I won't be playing for a competing club and will not therefore be lining up against Liverpool'.

The tone which Lampard uses is quite telling - 'I'm not sure....' Doesn't sound very definite to me and it suggests he never really ruled out playing for another PL team. Gerrard seems a hell of a lot more certain.

After Lampard, it's all words, I'll wait to see what happens... As the saying goes "Actions speak louder than words".

I'm just as fed up as anyone else by the situation, now, I need somewhere to vent as well...

Honestly, did you not see this happening when he signed for NYCFC?

I remember reading the forum back than and people were really delusional and naive about NYCFC being completely irrelevant to city

This thread has turned embarrassing, if City win the League it's not cause of Lamps but rather it's down to us bottling it.

Fact is I will remember Frank for what he has done at the club and mind you he has done more than any midfielder in England. If a 36 year old brings City the title - it says more things about us than it does about Frank Lampard. I understand fans are fickle and put players on pedestals for some reason but in the end I hope you guys get over it when Lamps retires.

Bottling it would mean we were favorites to win it, and everybody knows we are not. They are the champions for a reason, and they have the squad to do it.

If they don't win the league they are the ones who would have bottled it.

well Ive eaten a very large portion of humble pie over this ,,, much of it to TERM ,,, I had already eaten my hat

I don't think you need to eat any humble pie at all, Ron. Like me, you simply don't have a cynical view of the world. The sad thing is the cynical views of some members on this forum have proven to be true. Lamps has showed his true colours and he isn't "one of us", it would seem.

On the positive I doubt whether we'd have seen the fruitful emergence of Matic, Hazard and Fabregas if he was still haunting the Bridge.

Also I would be very worried if I were a Citeh fan relying on him to get them out of jail every week.

I'm just as fed up as anyone else by the situation, now, I need somewhere to vent as well...

I'm glad you did mate. I meant to say that I apologise for airing grievances about the topic in public, but I did not feel at the time that the admins were entirely neutral on the situation due to what was being said in September, so I did not PM. Apologies.

I'm also very glad you are more empathetic about how others feel on the situation now, however, I'm disappointed that it had to come to Lampard extending his loan for it to tip the scales - something no one wanted. Sadly, I was resigned to his extension about 2 months ago. No way were City letting him go after those vital goals and the impending ACON.