Frank Lampard

DavidEU

@@tancredipalmeri BOOM! According to tomorrow Gazzetta, Lampard is on the verge to accept New York City offer! Can it really be?

I know Lamps can't go on forever but seeing him leave without a proper goodbye is the thing I'd find hardest if he left. One more season please Frank.

palmeri and Gazzetta combine to give the facts...said no one ever

Debating some career options he comments:

Football management “I’m always debating it”

Sports punditry “It looks easy, but it’s not”

Interesting.. I'd love Lampard on punditry, so sick of these ex-Liverpool guys dominating skysports now. There's been 50 Liverpool affiliated pundits now.. 50!!

matic, rambo, TIAGO, mvg, LAMPS.

i dont think jose will even consider going into the season with these options. nothing short of suicide in my opinion.

TBF, even a midfield of Matic, Ramires, Tiago/Lampard, MVG and Player X hardly screams world class.

TBF, even a midfield of Matic, Ramires, Tiago/Lampard, MVG and Player X hardly screams world class.

It might not be world class but atleast 10 times better than having 2 33+ year olds as squad options and a 21 year old mvg who barely played anything last season along with a first team pairing of rambo-matic.

Its like we will be replacing luiz and mikel from last season with mvg and tiago. Is that even an upgrade. Luiz's dynamism was important and mikel was good in closing games and while defending deep.

A player-x namely vidal would make us one of the best teams. A first team pivot of matic-vidal or a 3 man midfield against big teams of vidal-matic-rambo would probably be brilliant.

Lamps is a legend and no one in his right mind would say anything else. But the obsession of lamps to stay another year and go out on a high might end up costing us rather than helping us. We should be looking to better the squad and our options from previous year, which having tiago and lamps simply doea not.

It might not be world class but atleast 10 times better than having 2 33+ year olds as squad options and a 21 year old mvg who barely played anything last season along with a first team pairing of rambo-matic.

Its like we will be replacing luiz and mikel from last season with mvg and tiago. Is that even an upgrade. Luiz's dynamism was important and mikel was good in closing games and while defending deep.

A player-x namely vidal would make us one of the best teams. A first team pivot of matic-vidal or a 3 man midfield against big teams of vidal-matic-rambo would probably be brilliant.

Lamps is a legend and no one in his right mind would say anything else. But the obsession of lamps to stay another year and go out on a high might end up costing us rather than helping us. We should be looking to better the squad and our options from previous year, which having tiago and lamps simply doea not.

For that to happen, think we need more than just 1 world class player. One alone would not cut it. Need at least 1-2 more as additional (and quality) options.

For that to happen, think we need more than just 1 world class player. One alone would not cut it. Need at least 1-2 more as additional (and quality) options.

so because one vidal would not make us one of the best teams in the world, we should simply go into the season with CM options of matic, rambo, mvg, tiago and lamps??? i seriously dont understand what u r trying to say. i mean do u actually WANT nad THINK that jose would go into the season with those 5 as our CM options.

also, i dont think we need more than 2 CM to make us one of the best teams in the world. rambo would be a brilliant 3rd option CM but to have him starting all of the games and play 90% of the minutes possible is where the problem lies. i think even 1 WC CM would make us a much better team and right up there with the best.

didierforever, on 30 May 2014 - 8:42 PM, said:

so because one vidal would not make us one of the best teams in the world, we should simply go into the season with CM options of matic, rambo, mvg, tiago and lamps??? i seriously dont understand what u r trying to say. i mean do u actually WANT nad THINK that jose would go into the season with those 5 as our CM options.

Obviously not. Don't get me wrong. That's what I implied in the last post that the 5 you mentioned or hypothetically, the one I stated is not good enough. Regarding Tiago, if we are going to get him, we would be better off just keeping Lampard. Don't get the logic of signing Tiago again.

didierforever, on 30 May 2014 - 8:42 PM, said:

also, i dont think we need more than 2 CM to make us one of the best teams in the world. rambo would be a brilliant 3rd option CM but to have him starting all of the games and play 90% of the minutes possible is where the problem lies. i think even 1 WC CM would make us a much better team and right up there with the best.

Not more THAN 2 CMS but still (need) 2 CMs. :P

Let's just say we get this 'Player X' who is world class. Then only he and Matic probably falls into that category. The rest aren't. Ramires is a decent player to have but we've already seen how awful he can be and if that happens again next season, then it's like having 1 player less. Even at his best, he is only a good player at best. Van Ginkel is still young and developing. The remaining ones, be it Lampard/Tiago/Mikel would basically be just squad players and not exactly adding genuine quality into the team. Having only 2 world class CMs out of the 5 in the team won't immediately get us right up there with the best even if it will be an improvement from last season. If something silly happens to 1 of those 2, we're back to having a broken pivot again. Still need at least 1 more, if not 2. What made us strong in midfield under Ancelotti and the managers before that is we had options, quality players to come in and still do a job without feeling that huge gap in quality, the difference between first choice and squad players.

Obviously not. Don't get me wrong. That's what I implied in the last post that the 5 you mentioned or hypothetically, the one I stated is not good enough. Regarding Tiago, if we are going to get him, we would be better off just keeping Lampard. Don't get the logic of signing Tiago again.

Not more THAN 2 CMS but still (need) 2 CMs. :P

Let's just say we get this 'Player X' who is world class. Then only he and Matic probably falls into that category. The rest aren't. Ramires is a decent player to have but we've already seen how awful he can be and if that happens again next season, then it's like having 1 player less. Even at his best, he is only a good player at best. Van Ginkel is still young and developing. The remaining ones, be it Lampard/Tiago/Mikel would basically be just squad players and not exactly adding genuine quality into the team. Having only 2 world class CMs out of the 5 in the team won't immediately get us right up there with the best even if it will be an improvement from last season. If something silly happens to 1 of those 2, we're back to having a broken pivot again. Still need at least 1 more, if not 2. What made us strong in midfield under Ancelotti and the managers before that is we had options, quality players to come in and still do a job without feeling that huge gap in quality, the difference between first choice and squad players.

precisely my point in the first post where i asked HOW?

either lamps or tiago will be in the squad, having both makes no sense. and that was my main point. they simply cant be independent.

as for rambo, he had a hopeless second half of the season and but he is still a beast. our home match against city in which he literally kept toure in his pocket is proof enough. but i agree on u saying rambo as a season long CM is not good enough, but the C list u provided a post or 2 before would make him exactly that. in my opinion, rambo as a 3rd choice CM would be perfect. as for purchasing a WC CM wont get us right up there, think what not purchasing a WC CM would do. :lol: a season full of a broken pivot as u said!!!

precisely my point in the first post where i asked HOW?

either lamps or tiago will be in the squad, having both makes no sense. and that was my main point. they simply cant be independent.

Was just suggesting a hypothetical situation with that reply on Mikel leaving, a reason why that Guardian piece suggested Tiago's arrival won't affect Lampard's future at the club.

as for rambo, he had a hopeless second half of the season and but he is still a beast. our home match against city in which he literally kept toure in his pocket is proof enough. but i agree on u saying rambo as a season long CM is not good enough, but the C list u provided a post or 2 before would make him exactly that. in my opinion, rambo as a 3rd choice CM would be perfect. as for purchasing a WC CM wont get us right up there, think what not purchasing a WC CM would do. :lol: a season full of a broken pivot as u said!!!

Well duh! Getting one would improve us in that area but just one alone won't put us alongside the best like you're making it out.

Was just suggesting a hypothetical situation with that reply on Mikel leaving, a reason why that Guardian piece suggested Tiago's arrival won't affect Lampard's future at the club.

Well duh! Getting one would improve us in that area but just one alone won't put us alongside the best like you're making it out.

a hypothetical situation which has almost 0% chance of turning into reality!!! logically, both tiago and lamps together makes 0 sense.

it will put us alongside the best. despite of playing a makeshift striker (schurlle), makeshift DM (DL), and a makeshift LB (azpi), that too away in paris and yet we were able to reach the semis plus we dint even have matic available. right now we are looking to strengthen those 3 positions. we will be there-therabouts.