Frank Lampard

DavidEU

As I said enjoy oblivion. From CL winner to.... Ah well

Yeah but it's a nice pay day in a slower league - why not?

If you were working 80 hours a week and someone offered you the same money for 40 hours a week and an easier job, you'd take it right?

That's all this is - Villa has suffered from injuries and just fancies playing a few games and earning some final cash. Lampards body is staring to fail (a little).

I don't begrudge him anything - he could even join Arsenal for all I care - he's still Super Frank and will always be a legend...

If he leaves I hope Chelsea organises the rumoured testimonial.He deserves the utmost respect from the club as record goalscorer,best player this club ever had and for his top attitude..

@SportsCenter: Frank Lampard agrees to transfer to MLS' New York City FC. Spain's David Villa is expected to join him.

Well, that's that.

Him and Villa are gonna destroy defenses in the MLS. Sucks to see him go, but living in the US is awesome. He's a Chelsea legend and we all love him, but he wants to go. Sucks he didn't get a proper send off, hope he comes back later. Thanks, Super Frank.

Would be utterly ridiculous to let him go without proper 'Goodbye' from the fans or something like that.

In an ideal world yes, but sometimes it isn't possible. Maybe the club and Lamps were in the process of negotiation during the period off the Norwich game. Didier would have stayed had we lost in Munich, so we couldn't give him the sendoff at The Bridge because we didn't know what was happening.
Scholes was another for United, his first retirement wasn't announced until after the CL final, and his 2nd was overshadowed by Fergie.

Why couldn't he join LA instead? New York City FC are a franchise of Manchester City.. He's basically signing for them.

Apparently people on this board don't know anything outside of Chelsea.

Apparently people on this board don't know anything outside of Chelsea.

He'll be directly affiliated with our title rivals, his paycheck will come from the same source that's financing City. Short of technicalities, he could basically even play for City if they wanted him.

He'll be directly affiliated with our title rivals, his paycheck will come from the same source that's financing City. Short of technicalities, he could basically even play for City if they wanted him.

exactly....

Massive and ludicrous exaggeration. The team is owned partly by Man City. That's it. They are not Man City. They are a separate entity and if City wanted Lampard to play for them, they'd have to give him a contract and he'd have to agree to it, the same as with any other team in the Premier League. He's not playing in the Premier League or even Europe, so who cares if he's playing for a team with some Manchester City ownership?

Transfer news: Frank Lampard holds informal talks with MLS franchise New York City

New York City - part-owned by Manchester City - have made an approach for the 36-year-old.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/11668/9334346/frank-lampard-holds-informal-talks-with-mls-franchise-new-york-city

so only an approach... it's between chelsea contract and NY...

Massive and ludicrous exaggeration. The team is owned partly by Man City. That's it. They are not Man City. They are a separate entity and if City wanted Lampard to play for them, they'd have to give him a contract and he'd have to agree to it, the same as with any other team in the Premier League. He's not playing in the Premier League or even Europe, so who cares if he's playing for a team with some Manchester City ownership?

Of course I'm exaggerating, I'm not actually meaning he's a City player.

But he's helping strengthen the Manchester City brand by signing for them. I'd have preferred it if he went for LA Galaxy, that's all I'm saying.