Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I actually believe it was likely for him to leave the moment Terry got a quick new contract and him and Cole didn't.

I don't think it's money talking or him thinking he's better than being a squad member here. I think the club just isn't that willing to keep him anymore especially because he'd only be a squad member...

Ofc I don't believe the Mirror, but I still think he won't play for us again in official matches, or if he decides to retire, he'll play one more time and then retire...

Either way, it's sad because the Chelsea I started watching is a lot Frank Lampard. Of course he isn't bigger or even as big as the club, but this man has always been the greatest ambassador to the club for as long as I've been a fan. He represented Chelsea wherever he went and I'll miss him dearly, but if the club decides to let him go, I'll support the club, not only because the club matters the most, but especially because I do believe it's time we part ways... sadly, but true.

Sad if this is true. Since I started supporting Chelsea, Lamps has always been one of my favorite players. I can kinda understand his situation though, he wouldn't be playing much if he stayed with us next season, it's just a shame he didn't get a proper send off. Hopefully he'll get a testimonial soon, and I'm certain he will be back at the club in some sort of coaching role in the future.

Oh come on!?

He's 36, he's been in decline for the last 3 seasons and could still have a career as a starter in America. He's been here 13 years and would most likely hardly play next season, what's wrong with prolonging your career by another season or two in a great city?

Are you also implying Terry is more loyal because he signed a new 1 year deal and Lampard didn't? Oh please! Terry probably signed because he will actually have a part to play next year. Lamps would have a minimal role.

And of course he'd still have a statue and everything. It won't reduce his legendary status one bit if he leaves. Osgood didn't spend his whole career at Chelsea, Drogba moved on etc.

I love Lamps and will do forever. He's our greatest ever player but unfortunately he has inevitably declined with age and now has very little to offer. Him leaving would be in the interest not only of the club but Lampard himself in extending his career.

Again all of it could be be rubbish, but it says online he REJECTED another one year deal at CHELSEA, if its so much about prolonging your career surely staying at Chelsea is the best thing and go out at the top.

The MLS is where football goes to die, it is a ridiculous mickey mouse league and I feel slightly embarrased for anyone going there.

Again could all be rubbish, but please lets not get into this absloute nonsense of getting at other posters for their opinion which seems to be a very familar concept from the same people. First it was when I spoke of Mata, then Luiz now Frank, it seems to oddly be linked to me because particularly with Mata many other people said the exact same as me but sadly certain people jump on my back. I don't really care I will say what I think regardless.

If the forum is not for each persons opinion, which shock horror may be different from our own, then what is the point?

We can agree to disagree totally fine.

I have to do so, i think Frank has been bloody brilliant, so what he is 36 hardly time for his zimmer. He has been very important for us, i feel very safe in the team when both him and Terry are on.

If it is about money, and he has not signed because he is getting less money this year and Terry has given the same circumstances, then yes I sadly would have to say so.

Come on Frank you have played for Chelsea, great career don't go to oblivion. So many players yes they get remembered for their time here, but I think the vast majority of reports when Drogba came back just mentioned Galatasaray as his first stop Shanghai Shenhua was all a bit embarrasing.

Again I stress this could all be rubbish, if Frank wasn't offered a contract fine, I am sad about that but if he was and he turned it down....very sad also.

It amazes me how quickly some people say 'absolute club legend' to suddenly then say he's really past it, he's done his job for us, move along now, pretty sad.

I would personally love him to stay. One of the best things I got while at the megastore was his goal book which I carried in my hand from London to Scotland in fear of it being damaged. Many trains, buses and planes I tell you. I really want him to stay :(