Juan Mata

Severinb

Did I miss something or currently are journalists that announce transfers instead of the clubs? How many times in the summer we've read players had a done deal with clubs and they've never got transferred?

Slow down people, it may be confirmed by the clubs in 5 minutes from now or in 5 days... the same way it may never happen just because a guy said it was a done deal...

£36.7 million pounds. Not enough IMO.

Also, WTF is up with United fans talking about jacking themselves off and getting their cocks out? Never in my life have I read so much about cocks and wanking.

Weirdos.... :P

Well they are football fans, and football fans get excited when big-name players in particular transfer to their teams. You sound a little bitter, but surely you should be addressing your insults to the Chelsea board rather than the United fans?

Well they are football fans, and football fans get excited when big-name players in particular transfer to their teams. You sound a little bitter, but surely you should be addressing your insults to the Chelsea board rather than the United fans?

Bitter?

No, feel dirty, not bitter. Haha.

you may have a point, I just don't see Mata stepping into ManUtd that easily and being the player that can give as many assists and score as many goals - especially as much as last season's - when there isn't a system built around him. No top5 team in the world currently would build their teams around Mata because he isn't that pivotal or deciding enough and if they don't have enough dividends why invest doing him that guy? The only way imo for Mata to have last season's stats is by having plenty of freedom (as he did) and such freedom means building the team around him.

And you're right, all my posts about him I come from a place where I assume he isn't suited for United, the same way I don't think he's suited for those 5 best teams in the world because I think the latest 'trend' in modern football doesn't particularly highlight his attributes. Meaning he could be THE GUY in second tier teams - such as an emerging Atletico or an Italian 'giant' (if we could even call any team in Italy big these days, in terms of competitiveness), but he can't be the main star in teams such as Chelsea, Bayern, Barça, Real Madrid, Dortmund, ManUtd. Second strengths such as City, Arsenal, PSG and Juve wouldn't build teams around Juan Mata either. Not even Liverpool would. That's for sides like Napoli, Inter, Atletico, Monaco, Milan - if not lesser teams, simply because Mata doesn't give back enough for teams bigger than this to change a whole system and afford the exposure he brings mainly because he's way too slow, likes to play with the ball on his feet instead of receiving it on the run. I think Mata's career would be much easier and he'd have much more success if he was about 5 years older. He would have enjoyed a period in modern football where clubs were building their teams around #10s. Nobody does that these days. Even Messi that's started as a #10 evolved into something else... When was the last time a #10 was a Balon d'Or finalist? The guy that played out of their mind and was undoubtedly one of the best in the world? I remember Wesley Sneijder 4 years ago.

#10 are by definition slower players who are very creative and the rub where most all balls in the attack go through. They distribute balls like no others. Thing is high pressing isn't something Mourinho came up with. It's part of modern football these days. Football is much more based on speed, directness than it was a few years ago and in getting the ball back in the attack in a way to quickly shoot on goal instead of building from behind, slowly and calmly. That's the latest trend that teams like RM, Bayern and Dortmund brought. It was the answer to Barça's tiki taka the same way something else will be the answer to high pressing a couple of years down the road.

Their is no direct answer to tiki-taka. For all we know Barca could win the champions league again this year, they have the squad to do so. Spain is still a top three team in the world. It's still in my opinion (if executed properly on that day) the most efficient way to win matches.

the same way it may never happen just because a guy said it was a done deal.

Sky sports are reporting it and their sources are extremely good. I can't think of a time they have reported anything on their news channel which has simply been made up.

Whilst it makes me sick that our board are willing to do business with those cunts after they refused to do the same when we wanted one of their players, I'm surprisingly cool about this. Mata is just too nice a guy for me to start hating him even if he was playing for one of our rivals. One thing I don't get though, if Mourinho refused to loan Ba to Arsenal because he considered them our rivals then why is he happy to sell Mata to Manchester United? Still hope PSG or some other club does a Willian here but at this point it's not looking likely.

Will have to start looking for a new avatar now, had this one since May 19th 2012. :cry: