Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

what has torres and ba proved over here? Nothing! Why doesn't lukaku get a chance? No idea really..

Because he decided to fuck off to Everton? He would have definitely got a chance at Chelsea, considering the 3 we had were shit. Last season would have been the perfect season for Lukaku to break into the first 11. He decided he would rather play for Everton than fight for a place at his so called favourite team.

I don't think any supporter wants him out. They just don't feel overly enamoured with a player who likes to talk and reportedly asked for a transfer away from the club they support.

Personal goals? Wasn't one to play for Chelsea?

He featured in three of the first four games of the season and his competition was UTTER WANK. What more of a chance do you want for him?

Mandzukic is a good shout as he offers something different from Costa and Lukaku but that's besides the point. Lukaku doesn't seem to be able to cope with any situation where he isn't undisputed first choice. He was given chances in league matches to impress, like other players, but that wasn't good enough apparently.

Assure the guy? What the fuck? He gets a contract, a weekly wage to play for this club. He gets a squad number. He gets a chance every day to train in front of the coaches. He gets to go on the Stamford Bridge pitch in front of 42,000 people....

The guy had a chance that 99.99999999% of footballers will NEVER have but because he had Demba Ba, Fernando Torres and Samuel Eto'o as competition, he asked to leave.

In the real world, you face competition every day. The ones who succeed are the ones who don't see competition as a threat, but as an opportunity. They weren't even very good competition.

But if you're the type of person who thinks that every new hiring is in some way unfair then that's fine. I'm not gonna change your mind.

But I have more respect for people who work harder when the chips are down, which is why I (and EVERY SINGLE CHELSEA SUPPORTER) absolutely adore Azpilicueta and why I'm utterly ambivalent about whether or not Lukaku stays or goes. We're winning the league either with him or without him.

Both our opinions when it comes to this topic are clearly on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Everything i say always does have the other side of the coin argument and your opinions are right in their own way, however, i stand my opinion.

Either way, we will know soon enough.

Here's what he could have said....

It's the same every summer. No-one has ever given me anything on a plate. They made me compete for my place the very moment I got into the first team; that's what they taught me and it'll be that way until I leave. The higher quality players that come - and Diego Costa is quality - the greater the competition will be and the better it'll be for the team."

http://www.marca.com/2014/06/07/en/football/international_football/1402127545.html

Lets all be clear on the basics: Everyone agrees that Lukaku has become good enough to be our no2 but also a no1 at an Everton level team. We, as fans, want Costa and Lukaku both for next season. Noone said that he is not good striker. Jose must be blind to dissagree with that, so normally even Jose would like him behind Costa next season. It maybe even already crossed his mind a two strikers formation for some occasions.

But on the other hand, he (if comments are true) is the one acting like a Diva. Wanting to be instant no1 like he is already that good! The club with their actions simply says he is not there yet, but probably will be in the future. This is where a loan system is useful. So you can still possess young talents and get them playing time because they are not ready yet for you. Loan to Everton (forget who demanded it, the club or Lukaku himself) was actually good for his development. And now ready for a no2 in Chelsea since we are in need of a no2 like him behind Costa. Future no1 apparently.

And what Lukaku says to this? I'm moving elsewhere.... :fainthv9:

Well those quotes seem to be real alright. Is Lukaku bipolar or something? 3 days ago he says he has 2 years on contract with the biggest club in England and wants to play there; the next day he says 1+1=2 or whatever. Stupid twat. Want him to be our no.2 but my God, does he ever shut up?

Why didn't Lukaku give himself a chance to beat out Torres and Ba? Why ask for a loan? Can't get a chance if you leave.

And then we signed Eto'o.. Remember 11/12.. Remember wc year.. He needed the biggest change to play, and he did get that. And now he goes to the wc as our main striker.

Nothing wrong with playing for a spot imo to, but as 4th striker? How many times did ba play? Next to nothing..

So, Lukaku wants to leave because he won't be our first choice striker as we go for Costa. What has he done in a Chelsea shirt to make such demands? All I can think of is missing the decisive penalty in the Super Cup against Bayern and moaning to the press, giving dumb one liners that most reporters use as a beatstick against us. That's it.

Are people still going on about those fake quotes? Stop being retarded and learn to interpret things for yourself. How many times have there been mistranslations in the British press this season? It's disgusting.

Always the same people making a fuss in this thread too.

Here's what he could have said....

It's the same every summer. No-one has ever given me anything on a plate. They made me compete for my place the very moment I got into the first team; that's what they taught me and it'll be that way until I leave. The higher quality players that come - and Diego Costa is quality - the greater the competition will be and the better it'll be for the team."

http://www.marca.com/2014/06/07/en/football/international_football/1402127545.html

No, not Torres.. That's it, he'll never leave.

Well he said :

“Well, Chelsea buy players every summer don’t they? There has always been fierce competition for places at Chelsea and with Torres, Ba and now Costa, this year wont be any different.”

“On the other hand, there is an awful lot of interest in me from other clubs. If you want to believe that means 1+1 is 2, well yes, I guess you could be right. I consider myself to be a complete striker and Chelsea are fully aware of how I feel about the current situation.”

“What I want to do now is concentrate on playing well for Belgium in the World Cup, that is good for everybody! We’ll see after the World Cup what crosses my path.”

tired of this guy's feeling that he's god's gift to Strikers. Honestly, do you or anyone else feel he's a complete striker? I mean really? I like him as a guy but I feel his body has matured much fast than his brain.

He has the realise he still has so much work to do on is game,Gary Neville said a few weeks ago after watching Lukaku that he now knows why Chelsea loaned him out, technically he's still poor, his hold up play for a big man average and his decision making needs improvement. The thing is that it will come in time, he needs to stay humble and take his chance when it comes, if he's our second striker next season he'll play 20+ games, i'm surprised because he seems like a lad who's confident and trusts his ability so why is he afraid to fight for his place? Look at Schurrle, he was the main man at Leverkusen, went to Chelsea and wasn't used much at all, but he waited, stayed HUMBLE and towards the end of the season he played many games, same can be said for Azpi and Cahill...

I agree with everything except the bold section, I don't think he'll ever improve there.

Are people still going on about those fake quotes? Stop being retarded and learn to interpret things for yourself. How many times have there been mistranslations in the British press this season? It's disgusting.

Always the same people making a fuss in this thread too.

Fake quotes? Its been reported at every news source in England. Surely they cant all be wrong. Dont see the point in insulting people just because they dont love a Belgian player. Would you stick up for Torres in the same way? Unlikely.

Since it's reported everywhere, does it mean Lukaku is leaving?

Theres a difference between quotes of an interview and a player leaving because he wants to. Quotes are said to an interviewer and hence written in an article, and for the player to leave 3 parties need to agree. The selling team, the buying team and the player. Understood?

We always have 2 sides on here on this issue haha, 1 is the people who want him to get into the 1st team no matter what and will defend him in every single possible way they could find such as he didn't get his chance, he was forced to go on loan, his words were twisted by the media, Mou's fault for not trusting him...etc

On the other hand, there is also a side where people just want him out because of his words and not actually caring what he could do on the pitch. Examples include he talks a lot, he is arrogant, he is not good enough for Chelsea...etc

Personally I think both sides are true, he is currently unhappy with his Chelsea status and will probably want to leave if it continues like this. However, people saying he is not good enough is correct to some extent too, if he was that good Atletico would have demanded him in a trade for Costa straight away or there would have been more clubs interested in him. The fact that even Everton are reluctant to sign him permanently for 20-25m says it all, they definitely have enough money to do it now if they wanted but if they are sure he is gonna be a top class striker soon they wouldn't be so hesitated especially since good strikers are very expensive in today's market. I think the fair way to end this debate is for him to comeback to the club this summer, fight for his place with Costa/Torrea/Ba or whoever is still at the club by then and proves his worth. IF it doesn't work out he can leave in Jan on loan again/permanently like Kevin, Mata did this year.

That way he won't have any excuses such as not getting his chances, and people hating him wouldn't have the opportunity to criticize his lack of willingness to fight. If he is as good as many said, he will do well and obviously stays. If he isn't good then he will see his chance limited and eventually be sold. So imo the best way to end this debate is to welcome him back this summer, give him the last chance to fight for his career here and if he left after that no one can blame anybody else.