Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

what is that story with his kids in Madrid? Is his ex-gf the only legal custodian or why can't he have the kids in London from time to time. Maybe he enjoys being a part-time dad, only being missed and embraced when back whilst his ex has to put on with all the trouble little kids make...anyway, he revealed he will sign so that is best news. Maybe we can keep him a year or too and then sell him for 100m+ to Real, that would be a good deal. We would get a decent replacement. Tibo is probably top 10 gk in the world but nothing more, nowhere near as good as peak Cech and we can with some ambition find a better long term replacement.

21 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Heard that he gave an interview to belgium newspaper... said that his hart set to Madrid.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Good, sell him, massive money and invest....oh wait.

On 2/1/2018 at 11:14 AM, manpe said:

Having a nr.1 goalkeeper like Willy is disaster long-term. There is a reason he wasn't first choice at City with only Bravo his competition, both are backup level in a top club and both seem to understand it. He'd insert too much insecurity in us with him flapping at every ball coming into the box.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

he's also 36, so much much "long-term" left.

On 01/02/2018 at 7:14 PM, manpe said:

Having a nr.1 goalkeeper like Willy is disaster long-term. There is a reason he wasn't first choice at City with only Bravo his competition, both are backup level in a top club and both seem to understand it. He'd insert too much insecurity in us with him flapping at every ball coming into the box.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

And his runs out the box... Which don't go well. Doesn't fill with confidence

I'm sort of indifferent. If he stays that's great, if he leaves I'm not crying. The constant rumors are just boring and tiresome at this point. Maybe we can replace him with a modern keeper who can actually play a bit with his feet.

Not even near as worried about Tibo as I am Hazard who is actually irreplaceable.

Reading the whole interview he's talking about his kids and that one day he'll live in Madrid. That could be at the end or after his career. He also said he's happy at Chelsea and in negotiations to renew his contract.

If we reinvested to get a keeper of a similar standard I wouldn't be too concerned, but recent transfer history suggests that wouldn't happen so I'd much rather keep him as, on form, he's one of the best goalkeepers in Europe.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

His heart in Madrid = his kids.

if Courtois does leave there is one GK i would definitely bring here, Jan Oblak, but with our board no such deal could happen, it could be a straight swap deal. what do you think?

On 2/1/2018 at 7:57 PM, BluesMadLad said:

Tbh mate we need to sell hazard and courtois and completely renovate this team even go as far as selling luiz and pedro aswell. But we need to buy proper players not passengers.

Mate this is not how football works.

We would not only lose by far our best player but change 3/4 of first 11? Its has disaster written all over it.

What we have to do is tie our best players to long term contracts and buy 3 world class players so we can play 4:3:3

I agree about Pedro and Luiz maybe. But first we need to get 3 quality players in midfield, wings and wingback positions

He's a good keeper, but he's not that important in the squad. Is he really worth the drama? 

I can't remember too many occasions when he saved us like, let's say, De Gea does on a regular basis for United.

If he wants to leave, let him leave. Get the money and go find an Ederson of our own.

22 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

He's a good keeper, but he's not that important in the squad. Is he really worth the drama? 

I can't remember too many occasions when he saved us like, let's say, De Gea does on a regular basis for United.

If he wants to leave, let him leave. Get the money and go find an Ederson of our own.

Oblak for me, any toughts?

He didn't say much wrong actually. He says he misses his children that live in Madrid, so that it is obvious that one day he will live in Madrid again. He also says he had a great period at Atlético and that he found it difficult to leave that club, but now he is fully settled here and is very happy in London. And if Real wants him, they have to contact and agree with Chelsea first. And he doesn't hate Real because of his past at Atlético.

Let's beat the sh*t out of this bignose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!