Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

if he goes to psg after years of "I respect a lot what Chelsea have done for me but it's difficult to have my family far away in Spain. Madrid is where my heart is... blah blah blah" then he truly is just someone who couldn't give a flying fvck about chelsea... if that's the case, good riddance

4 hours ago, Georgy said:

Nice going Sherlock to go reading those comments after we get a negative result. I'm pretty sure I can find similar for most of the users here after we get a bad result.

Not on that scale mate. It's just a litany of negative comments some of which are just plain nasty and uncalled for. Every poster has the right to speak their mind but it would appear all you ever do is slag off the team you claim you support.

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:
17 hours ago, gadget said:
Fickle bunch... 
Wanted to go Madrid - slated him
Poised to sign a contract - loved him
Talks with PSG -He's a rat 

no-one really knows whats going on, he's hinted at signing a contract that is all we can go by. I wouldn't blame him for going to Madrid if its for his family. but PSG would hurt

He talks too much. That much is certain and it's becoming more than annoying now

Correct at times he does talk too much. Other times its some media writing utter trash which people take for gospel.

again playing devils advocate. Tibo always fronts up to the cameras after a loss where other hide in the dressing room- which us fans like and applaud

Thibaut Courtois agent: 'No talks held with Paris Saint-Germain'

"I have never heard of that meeting," he told reporters. "If any club is interested they know what they have to do - find a deal with Chelsea and then talk to me to check my client interest."

"RTBF is a small TV channel in Belgium and sometimes they like a little thrill to keep them alive. But their information is not correct."

Correct at times he does talk too much. Other times its some media writing utter trash which people take for gospel.

again playing devils advocate. Tibo always fronts up to the cameras after a loss where other hide in the dressing room- which us fans like and applaud

Might be the case but you don't question the manager in public (if that's the case) or at all.

Needs to realise what to say and not say

On 01/03/2018 at 3:20 PM, Georgy said:

Which ain't even true, at least try to show me where I said any of those stuff. The worst I said about Conte is he doesn't seem to care anymore and we should indeed do the sacking, I've also said that only in the last week before that I was always supporting Conte. Calling the club shit? Sure I said we're fucking shit because we are, look at the crap the Board bought in the last 2 summers some of you believe we can turn rock in gold like Moses last year.

The problem with some of you is you don't accept reality of things, this club is going sideways and some of you feel the need to call out on people for being negative, give me a break. I'm calling it like it is, if you want to be optimistic about winning CL this season (not necessary talking about you) go ahead but for me nothing proves were going in the right direction. 

Donnarumma has a clause that if Milan don't reach CL next season he will cost about 40 mil. The way things look, it doesn't sound far fetched to say they won't reach it.

As for Courtois he hasn't really hit the ground running he makes a worldly save once every 5 games, comes across as being the normal professional. Unlike De Gea, Courtois can't win us games on his own maybe once in a blue moon like the one with Stoke last season but overall he still does the same mistakes which he doesn't even bother to correct. That wouldn't even be an issue here because he is still one of the better GKs in the league, problem is his attitude reeks, I've never heard a player say so many negative stuff about us in press like him. Each time I've heard him talk to the press, it's either him flirting with other clubs or talking negative about us like with Conte. We benched a Cech who was one of our legends and was still playing at a high level for someone who only slightly improved us.

If he refused to sign an extension by now it's obvious he won't sign one, he is already talking to clubs, behind the scenes, and even if he does extend we would need to make him the highest paid GK in the league which is a joke if you compare him to De Gea, each time I saw De Gea this season he was one if not the best player on the field.

Maybe plastic is a harsh word to use considering what other clubs say about us but it's not far from the truth to say he has never liked the club and only been committed to us as a professional and contract. He hacks the heart in most of the games we play, always seem half arsed to do anything. I remember him at Atletico and frankly he never actually reached those heights again since he became a starter here. Also if he does sign for PSG or any other club outside Spain we can officially put his children excuse to bed. I felt sorry for him at first but now if this is true? Yeah sure.

Mate Milan are 13 games unbeaten playing the best football they've played in years.

De Gea is a good reactive goalkeeper. But Courtois is always in the right position and makes "easy looking" saves purely in comparison because he positions himself a lot lot better. I'm not saying De Gea isnt a very good keeper but his "world class" saves are severely overrated, he has good reflexes but his positioning at times is quite shocking and hes lucky he can get to them. That Seville header save is one of the most overrated saves I've seen in years, its basically right at him but hes made it look like some sort of fucking impossible spin required while the media have topped it saying he done that while completing a replica of the Mona Lisa and saving 32 babies from a burning building. Courtois makes that save? Nothing. Lloris? Nothing. Cech? Nothing. We benched Cech because Courtois was better and the long term solution, we talk about a lack of planning and vision but that was one of the best calls we've made recently because Courtois was 23 at the time, one of the best GKs in Europe and was a long term solution to replace Cech. 

The thing is Chelsea fans have been spoillt by having great goalkeepers in the last 2 decades so we've become arrogant and forget how integral a world class keeper is to success. Wait till we go back to another Ed de Goey or Kharine level keeper. Who do you trust our board to replace Courtois with that is as good as him? Not gonna happen. 

Surprised nobody has pointed out how Courtois went to ground for no reason for City's goal today. At first I thought he just slipped when he tried to race across to the other post but he actually just threw himself to the ground to cover the bottom part of the near post while exposing everything else and completely taking himself out of the situation. Terrible goalkeeping.

Thibaut Courtois: A Long Way From the Top

I firmly believe the athletic, 11th outfielder types of goalkeepers are creating the new mould for goalkeeping. Courtois is just another example of a more traditional keeper who is struggling to adapt – Cech and Hart are two other examples. The best goalkeepers in the world are going to be judged on their abilities in possession phases as well as the out of possession phases that we’ve come to strongly associate goalkeeping with – the saves, the claims, the interceptions etc. As such, for Courtois to re-stake his claim as one of the world’s best, he must change his ability to effectively recycle possession and, when it comes to it, believe more in his natural talent to hold his position and react to shots, rather than guessing and hoping. This decision making will cost teams points during the season – at the best teams in the world, that means costing leagues, cups and records.

I think the bit on anticipation/gambling is a very good point. I know everytime we talk about Courtois (especially when he's being compared to De Gea) it is brought up how Courtois's positioning is excellent etc. Personally, I haven't really disagreed with that point, however, it always seemed somewhat fishy because for a supposedly positionally amazing GK Courtois surely has conceded his fair share of terrible goals, be it long range strikes or miserable 1-on-1's. In regards to that I have to agree with the author of the article above; it seems as if Courtois is trying to outsmart everyone while also being too confident in his height, thinking that even if he didn't position himself correctly his length will make up for it.

The bolded part IMO is why the likes of De Gea, Oblak, and Ter Stegen are considered better GKs than Courtois at this point. All of them are playing a much more instinctive goalkeeping game which may look wild and like they are not in control of the situation at times but as they author puts it - they believe in their "natural talent", which at the end of the day is making sure (with everything you've got) that you don't concede.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Just like Hazard gone this summer, since he has not sign a new contract. 

Christ! Do you need to constantly tell us that Courtois/Hazard will be leaving in the summer because they haven't signed the contract? Don't you have better things to worry or discuss here?!

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

When did Courtois make such a mess of controlling his area the way De Gea did for Ben Yeddar's second goal?

I'll think about that the next time Courtois gambles on the direction of a shot and concedes a poor goal again. Will definitely help me sleep, mate.

On 3/10/2018 at 6:12 PM, Amblève. said:

Thibaut Courtois: A Long Way From the Top

I think the bit on anticipation/gambling is a very good point. I know everytime we talk about Courtois (especially when he's being compared to De Gea) it is brought up how Courtois's positioning is excellent etc. Personally, I haven't really disagreed with that point, however, it always seemed somewhat fishy because for a supposedly positionally amazing GK Courtois surely has conceded his fair share of terrible goals, be it long range strikes or miserable 1-on-1's. In regards to that I have to agree with the author of the article above; it seems as if Courtois is trying to outsmart everyone while also being too confident in his height, thinking that even if he didn't position himself correctly his length will make up for it.

The bolded part IMO is why the likes of De Gea, Oblak, and Ter Stegen are considered better GKs than Courtois at this point. All of them are playing a much more instinctive goalkeeping game which may look wild and like they are not in control of the situation at times but as they author puts it - they believe in their "natural talent", which at the end of the day is making sure (with everything you've got) that you don't concede.

JJYrKn9ui9HCsJAb7-YukLf9gttYHygKZiOOYt5GD3M.jpg?w=1024&s=0b3b3fe5c6bfe6ceb7cc82a07b39ba5e

Not as good a keeper as we rate him. Certainly not on the same level as De gea, Oblak, Ederson, Ter stergen or Neuer.

Let's see how he gets on tonight, on the worlds biggest stage against a team that is expected to batter us. He's going to need a 'De Gea like' performance but I don't think he's capable of it in all honesty.

Ready to be proven wrong though and hope he does.